Topic: The Rising and City of the Dead Video game

Fans of Brian Keene's The Rising and City of the Dead will be happy to know that a video game is being developed based on both books. The game is said to follow closely to both books and center around construction worker Jim Thurmond's quest to save his son from an intelligent Undead menace, as well as the events that follow afterward in City of the Dead. As of now it looks like they will only be developing one game based on both books rather than one for each book, but that might change in time to come. There hasn't been much news, but I'm guessing that the game(or games) is still in conceptual stages.
    I personally am happy to hear this, being a big fan of The Rising. Feel free to post your opinion on the upcoming game based on Brian Keene's bestselling zombie series.

For further proove, head over to Brian Keenes website and read it for yourself.
http://www.briankeene.com/

Re: The Rising and City of the Dead Video game

eh, it doesnt look that great to me

Well you obviously didn't go to the site because there isn't anything to look at yet.

im talkin about the description of it genious. i just dont like that whole super zombie controlling other zombies crap. all i want is:
a city
many zombies
online capability

and thats about it. it doesnt even need a story line

No need to have get pissed. I just misinterperted what you said. Anywho, thats your opinion and while i agree i would rather have a game based on the Romero universe, I still think this game could have potential if made the right way. I don't know how someone could give an opinion of a game that has barely gone into development. Than again, maybe your psychic. yikes

it just sounds like a very cliched story line

Hmm, how so? Maybe i wasn't descriptive enough. The game is to be based on the book, so if your not in the mood to read the book than click on this link to get a better understanding of The Rising's plot.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rising_%28novel%29

A new zombie game is always something to look forward to.  Might be worth a rental at a game store.

I wonder how they are going to end it, because if it follows the books then it may be a big let down after all of that work you have to do.

The books zombies will present more of a challenge and give the game a little more freedom as far as what you and your enemies can do (driving cars and shooting back). I think its a great idea to base a game on. Just think of GTA when you piss off the FBI and they swarm your ass with guns and cars and heliopters only they could do the with zombies and undead animals. Considering the next-gen consoles that are out now (360 and PS3) it could be the next great horror series. Right after RE of course.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this. I just hope they don't screw it up.

Depends on who gets ahold of the rights I suppose.