Topic: POLL: DHMW ROUND 14 (PUPPY MONSTER ADVISORY: CLOWN INCLUDED)

Here we go, Round 14.  In case it wasn't made explicitly obvious in the thread title, there is a clown involved in this match so Puppy Monster, don't say I didn't warn you. lol

This week's fighters are...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Pennywise.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/VS.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Pumpkinhead.jpg

An otherworldly demon with a penchant for cornball humor bashes heads with an otherworldy demon with a penchant for ripping people apart.  Who will have the...heh heh...last laugh? 

Before casting your vote, as always...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before voting, please remember THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is deadlier.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE POINTS

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE POINT.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: POLL: DHMW ROUND 14 (PUPPY MONSTER ADVISORY: CLOWN INCLUDED)

Hmmm...Penny wise can use his mind control to freak out an entire town but Pumpkinhead will only go after those who wronged his invoker.  I think I will go with Pennywise on this one.

Hmmmm...Interesting abilities and weaknesses. Both could cancel each other out...or be detrimental...or a blessing in disguise? We shall think about this????

Oooops...wrong Thread.  smile

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2012-01-29 21:29:35)

Pennywise might be able to fool himself around the battle for awhile, but ultimately Pumpkinhead will tear him to shreds. 'Wise could shape shift into different objects to hide and then pop out of nowhere, or create illusions to momentarily trick Pumpkinhead into going into a trap or something, but given the strength ol' Pumpkinhead has, he could break through anything he's trapped into in the first place. Pennywise is a silly (although, I admit, definitely freaky) clown with a big fat red nose and rotten teeth. Pumpkinhead is a giant creature with big ass claws, a pissed off attitude, and some awesome strength.

Pennywise will be crushed, Pumpkinhead prevails. smile

Part 1) 1960:  Elephants, monkeys, tigers, and clowns, parade down the streets in the small town of Derry, Maine. Main street is littered with families, mostly kids, all trying to get a good look at the wild animals and zany clowns the circus has to offer. Upon opening day, next to the big top, is a side show tent that depicts several images of a ghastly creature. A creature that resembles something not of this world. Blackish-Blue, wrinkled skin, a face only a night terror could conjure, a long whip like tail, and fingers that could shred a lion with ease. Stationed in the middle front of the tent is a barker chanting " Come one-Come all! Step right up, if you dare, and see the devilish creature we call Pumpkin Head, who comes straight from the bowels of Hell!"

To be continued...

Last edited by Underdog (2012-02-01 18:26:52)

^^
Part 1 added to the Story Line Thread.

Still doing some thinking on this matchup.  There are some interesting twists with both characters.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-01-30 19:24:55)

Pennywise’s victims have to fear him that’s why he prays on kids more than adults. Pumpkinhead can only be hurt if his human is killed. So if this scenario had that human in it maybe there would be a fight. But this is a straight PW VS PH and there for the no fear unkillable revenge demon takes it.
In other words I give it to Pumpkinhead.

* Bump*

*Bump 2: The Sequel*

Just a heads up:  keep in mind that it's Pennywise who's in this fight, not It.  Pennywise is just one of the guises It uses.  Kind of like the Clown from the Spawn comics; in his true form (The Violator) he's much more powerful than he is in his Clown form.  Actually, now that I think of that, I wonder if Todd McFarlane might have taken that idea from King. lol

Anyhoo, if I were to actually use It in these match-ups they'd be no contest, because It is an otherworldly, vastly powerful cosmic-type force.  And what kind of fun would that be?

Just wanted to clarify. smile

Part 2) A group of local kids are gathered around the side show tent in anticipation of seeing the monster advertised on the huge banners. The price of admission is ten cents. They pool their money together and come up with just over a dollar, which will still leave them with enough to buy some cotton candy after the viewing. Standing in line for their tickets one of them notice a pale, skinny, lanky kid standing off to the side of them, marveling at the painted pictures of the monster inside the tent. One of the more charitable friends of the seven, says to the other six, " the new kid in town over there, the skinny one. Ya, think we should be nice and buy him a ticket too? He seems to be kind of a loner...like us. NAH! If we do that, we won't have enough money left for cotton candy then!" They stay in line, buy their tickets, and proceed inside the tent.

On a 4' wooden platform, locked in a steel cage lies the thing called Pumpkin Head. A red painted sign hanging on the bars reads and warns all patrons to  " Keep A Safe Distance At ALL Times!"  Huddled together, the 20 or so patrons gawk at the monstrosity. The thing begins to stir. Then, rears up in it's cage. The entire crowd of on lookers, horrified, make their way to the back of the tent. All but one! The skinny kid, who some how gained entrance, still stands just a few feet away from the platform. In a trance like state, the kid gazes into the eyes of the awakened monster. With out warning, the monster suddenly springs on it's hing legs with full force, and with the strength of 1000 grown men, starts to pry the steel metal bars. All hell breaks loose! The frantic crowd run for their lives!! All but the skinny kid that is...who doesn't even flinch. A transformation begins. The once frail looking, skinny, pale lil kid has morphed it's body into something else... "It," is now in the form of a, 20', three headed python.

To be continued...

Last edited by Underdog (2012-02-04 13:56:17)

Oh bah, 2 supernatural creatures with odd strengths and weaknesses.  While Pennywise is strong, can cast illusions, and has some invisibility powers, he could spank Pumpkinhead all day with a wombat and Pumpkinhead will just sharpen its nails.  Once they are nice and sharp, swish and there go Penny's head.

But, if One-Hundredth Dollar SmartGuy can find PumpkinNoggin's human counterpart, then it's all gnashy teeth into the human, and we are left with flaming PumpkinPie.  So, can can the IrrelevantCoinGenius find Charlie Brown's Nemesis' meat sack companion?  Since Pennywise is hundreds/thousands(?) of years old, and is crafty, I believe so.  Pennywise beats on Pumpkinhead for a while, retreats, does some research (probably by banging the witch), finds HumanHead, and him/her into a meat Slurpee®, blowing up Pumpkinhead.

Winner-  Pennywise

[edit- I included the human because there is no Pumpkinhead without a human, so I felt I needed to include the meat puppet, and hence the human is part of Pumpkinhead.  Just my take on it.]

Last edited by azathoth (2012-02-04 00:28:34)

Part 3)  Some times you get more than you bargained for. This is one of those instances! The folks of Derry, Maine; for the price of ten cents, had entered the side show tent to get a gander at a being from another world. The alien had awoken from it's slumber, escaped from it's cage, and was now hungering for flesh and blood. As if the alien escaping wasn't terrorizing enough. Inside the tent there also now stood a twenty foot, 3 headed python.

Pumpkin Head springs at the python, with talons fully extended and it's gaping mouth ready to rip skin. With one skillful slash, Pumpkin Head lops off one of the heads of the giant python. Wounded, "It" slithers away out side the tent, and into the abandoned big top, leaving a trail of blood that's easy for Pumpkin Head to smell, and follow. Pumpkin Head looks for the wounded reptile. "It's" no where to be found??? Pumpkin Head stalks it's prey. "It," is gone, as fast as "it," had appeared. Confused, but not giving up, Pumpkin Head stops in the middle of the tent. Then, from the side of the tent appears a trio of colorful marching clowns. One juggling knives, one tooting a bugle, the last doing cart wheels. Pumpkin Head springs at the cart wheeling clown, and with one bite from it's deadly razor sharp teeth, takes off the head of the acrobat. Blood spews up! The clown continues to cart wheel. Pumpkin Head pounces on the bugling clown next. Biting into the clowns leg and quickly gnawing it off. Again blood spurts in all directions, and still again, it's wounded victim continues to play on. The third and last clown laughs wildly!! The other two attack Pumpkin Head. Pumpkin Head swings it's arms and sends the one legged clown flying twenty feet in the air. The headless clown continues it's assault on Pumpkin Head, although not able to inflict any pain. Pumpkin Head is both furious and annoyed. Pumpkin Head thrusts it's talons into the gut of the headless clown, lifts it off the ground, and tosses it into the air. As the clown hits the ground, Pumpkin Head uses both arms to tear away at the flesh of the clown, till nothing but a suit of red of blood remains. Knowing that one more victim remains, Pumpkin Head turns to face, "It." 

Pumpkin Head is frozen momentarily. The surroundings have changed. No longer does Pumpkin Head stand in a giant tent. All around Pumpkin Head looms tall flames that shoot a good thirty feet high in the air, encircling him entirely. The one thing that scares him! For Pumpkin head fully knows fire can incinerate him. Pumpkin Head not realizing the fire's nothing but an illusion. "It," sensing the fear of Pumpkin Head, draws confidence from the fear of others. Taking the form of a wooly mammoth, "It," charges at Pumpkin Head, and gores him. The flames fade away, as does the life of Pumpkin Head. "It," still in the form of a wooly mammoth, lifts it's behemoth leg and lands it on the head of Pumpkin Head. Only a crimson red color of pulp remains. Once again "It," changes. This time to the body of Penny Wise the clown. Penny Wise has unfinished business in the town of, Derry, Maine. There are 7 kids....

Winner: Penny Wise.

Pumpkin Head with his super strength and all, was out matched by Penny Wise. Why? Penny Wise can cast illusions which confuse and trick his foes into thinking/seeing things that are not there. Penny Wise is a thinker. I'll take brains over brawn just about every time!
"

Last edited by Underdog (2012-02-04 23:01:09)

Ooooooohhhhh....with Dog's entry....it's getting closer.

Last night to vote, folks.  Round 15 goes up tomorrow evening around 7, so get your vote in while you can.

* Bump*

Voting is officially over.  The results:

Pennywise: Total Votes -- 3 (4, minus mine so I could see the results)
Justified Votes: 3 x 5 pts each = 15 pts
Total pts: 15

Pumpkinhead: Total Votes -- 4
Justified Votes: 2 x 5 pts each = 10 pts
Non-Justified Votes: 2 x 1 pt each = 2 pts
Total pts: 12

Winner: PENNYWISE

Well, then.  It seems for the first time in DHMW history the fighter with the most votes actually lost.  See, folks this is what happens when you don't post along with your vote.

Thanks to all those who participated.  Round 15 is on its way, so keep an eye out. smile

Interesting result.

I look forward to reading your take on this one.  The subtleties in the matchup were intriguing.

Oh, crap!  I totally forgot to do my break down.  Whoopsie!

Okay, so, here's my take:

What made this match intriguing for me was the idea that both Pennywise and Pumpkinhead are basically abstract concepts -- fear and vengeance, respectively -- given physical form.  But whereas Pumpkinhead is a purely phyiscal force, Pennywise never seems to dirty his hands, preferring instead to mentally and emotionally manipulate his victims.

So the question occurred to me, how does Pennywise prey on a creature who feels no fear?  More likely he'd have to attack the human soul Pumpkinhead is linked to.  But it's not like Pumpkinhead makes it a point of announcing who his human host is, so that's neither here nor there.  Pennywise would be forced to face Pumpkinhead physically.  And while I think Pumpkinheaed would rip Pennywise to pieces, It could always simply spawn a new phyiscal avatar for itself.  It would just create another Pennywise. 

My take: I see it kind of like the El Wray vs Victor Crowley fight; Pumpkinhead will always tear Pennywise to pieces, but he'd just have to turn right around and do it all over again later.

^^
Penny vs. Vic:  Round 36,234...
lol

Penny: "Man, I need some Gatorade"
Vic:  "Yeah, and maybe some of those energy bars"
Penny:  "Want to go just get a beer or something?"
Vic:  "Holla.  After we kill the people that set this shit up first."
Penny:  "Word"

<lots and lots of off-screen screaming>

<Beer bottles clinking>
Announcer:  "When you get tired of dying 15,000 times, this murder and Buds for you!"

Y'know what part of that made me laugh the most?  That you had Victor Crowley saying "Holla."  I literally laughed out loud at that. lol

^^
Oh, damn.  I just mentally pictured him in the middle of beating on someone in his movies and saying, "Holla."

Oh shit, I'm never looking at those movies the same again....

Here's a thought Lon.
Why not a add a third option to the poll labelled "Lon's vote to see the results, anyone else using it is an idiot"?

I tried that way back when you first mentioned it but for some reason unknown to me, anytime I try to add more than two options to a poll, when I hit "submit" or even "update poll" I get a white error message page.  I tried several times but finally gave up. hmm

Here you go