Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

Yeah, thank God.  I've already jammed along to it four times straight LOL

Now I'm working on tabbing it out in powertab.  big_smile

Edit -- not sure if anybody here uses powertab but it's a really handy little tab creator, easy as hell to use and is completely free.  It only plays back in midi but it gets the point across.

I shred on my acoustic now and then......been playing for about 30+yrs

Not sure if I posted here before but I know I never did the poll till now, I play bass well its been a few years but once my fingers are nice and calloused again I'll be where I was....

bvThis was an interesting thread to read through:)

I have a huge handmade pow wow drum I set up on special occasions...like when everybody is out of the house but me lol

I play a hand drum (frame drum)

https://twitter.com/#!/earthdancedaph/m … 2FQ1AcGqrH

Last edited by thedeadshallrule (2012-08-14 05:08:06)

^^^ I play a hand drum, too.  But not the kind you're thinking of.

Oh, mind out of the gutter, people.  I was referring to a bongo drum.

Me screwing up the theme to Dexter on my acoustic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKhfZMZi … e=youtu.be

Accoustic

What kind of stuff do you play, H?

Y the freak did I didn't even notice this before!?

A Lost Boy wrote:

Y the freak did I didn't even notice this before!?

What the freak, why did you not even notice this before, man?!

LoudLon wrote:

Me screwing up the theme to Dexter on my acoustic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKhfZMZi … e=youtu.be

Subscribed.

Well, this looks like the place.   I've owned tons of guitars and this year I changed my instrument rig up lots. So here's what I'm left with:
1986 JK Lado Standard 1 with EMG Active pickups
1978 JK Lado H-300 (2 of these!)
1985 Washburn  Hb-35
1967 Gibson SG Special
2008 Blueridge BR-60CE.

For Amps, I Use an Egnater Tweaker for Home/studio stuff and A Peavey XXX Head with a mesa Stack for jamming with the boys.

I'm looking into recording gear now, looking at a Tascam 8-track with a cd-R but haven't really decided.  Anything I've ever recorded has come out of a board...not the best with software.  My bassist and I share Vocal Duties and our songs are kinda Doom Blues/Stoner Rock.  We can clean up alright for more traditional rock..but not often.

Ooooooooh '67 Gibson SG... OOOOOhhhhh!!!
That's the one I like the most of all your guitars.
I'm a Gibson/Marshall kinda sound total fan.

Do you have anything we could hear from you???
I for one listen to Punk but I'm pretty much into Dark Sinister \M/etal too.

And yeah, while I'm here, this is the best song I ever composed. And in 20 years I've done a whole lot. Done music, lyrics and am playing bass/singing on it. Recorded with a cassette tape during practice. Miss those days.

HOME MADE-EMPTY PLACE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am55CXhEuBM

Comments welcome.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-10-15 19:47:45)

^ Not bad at all man.  I wrote punk stuff in Highscool. We had a band then and wrote a handful of original tunes.  Yeah, my SG sounds very nice.  My list is basically ordered by the most amount of playing time.  No one really knows about Lado Guitars but they're extremely well build and sell used for WAY less than they should.  I've turned down a 1200$ offer for my H-300.  The SG is a 67 though and you can imagine that it's brittle so I try not to rock out too hard on it...that said..it's still a beast.

I'll try to see what I can load onto my computer.  Like I mentioned, I'm really looking to set up a recording station to lay down some decent demos..that will help speed things along.

Thanks man, I appreciate.
My cousin has a Lado and I gotta admit it sounds very good.
As for recording, I'm what you can call a true believer in the real DIY to the bone approach. The more garage it sounds, the better for me. lol

Does anyone/everyone Name their instruments?  I've traditionally named all my guitars. Always a woman's name.  Like many women, I've parted with some and retired the names.  Sometimes it takes a while before I give them a name.  I've got one as it is which I haven't named yet.

My Hamer Slammer's name is "Bella."

My Luna Eclipse acoustic is "Mary."

I don't know why. lol

Nice.  Very Much in line with Past and present Names of mine: Molly, Darla, Judy....

Right now, My wife and My Acoustics are Betty and Veronica.  My Lado Standard is Lizzie, SG is Judy.  One of the H-300 is Bender and the other is nameless.  I thought of Naming that one Flexo, because the two are practically identical...but it has to be a girl's name...it'll come.

As my bass a Stagg XB300 has a mad look, I called her Evil Pounder cause that's exactly what she does. Just love the sound it has. And the looks.

http://evilkxnpunkdemon.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/myevilbass.jpg?w=549&h=737

Ah, nice bass, man.  I played bass for a few years before moving over to guitar.  Sold my old Peavy.  Wish I hadn't now; I'm itching to get back into bass but don't have one to play. lol

Remove some strings on your guitar to leave only 4 and go for it. lol

Sure.  I'll tune each one down a couple steps, that should do the trick. lol

Hahaha yeah.
Man guitar is something I never understood. These damn chords drive me nuts. In fact the only one I can play is the classic power chord. No chords to play on a bass. Well sometimes yes but it's not full on chords all the time.

Guitar's not so hard.  If you can play the E, A, D, G, C and F power chords you can play rhythm to just about anything, really.

I'm a drummer, baby!  23 years and going strong!