Topic: HM Movie Night #13- Valentine's Day Horror Recap

Thanks to everyone who attended, it was a really fun night.

Movies watched-
Valentine
Return of the Living Dead 3
(We dropped 'My Bloody Valentine' for various reasons)

Participants-
Azathoth
Iggy
Lilli the Munchkin
RevengeBiteMe
Lon the Loud
ZeroCool
(Honorable mention to Vampy, who stepped in to say high to everyone, and Moon Raven who showed up just after everyone else left.  sad  )

A new landmark for Movie Night- we had our first baby/toddler participant with Lilli!  She had quite the insights into the movies, and her typing prowess rivaled that of DemonToSome.  She even almost got my name correct ("azs")!  Woot, that girl has a future in horror.

So we "watched" Valentine first, and by that I mean we mostly talked about other stuff except when the occasional kill scene showed up.  I forgot how dull that film is.  Basically your standard slasher film, with a mild twist at the end.  The hot tub scene completely drilled it, I think.  It's fairly bad when ZCool is doing a lab assignment while the film is running.

Unfortunately, Lilli and Vengey had to go bye-bye for the 2nd film since the munchkin was getting feisty.  We trekked onward with 'Return of the Living Dead 3,' due to the idea from The Honorable Sir Wolfy commenting that "it's quite romantic."  Wolfy's a lover, not a zombie... or something along those lines.

Anyhoo, ROTLD3 was going along splendidly until it hit the sewer scenes, where we started digressing into various things.  Did you know that the Riverman was also Screwface from "Marked for Death?"  Now you do.  Lon once again proves that his mind is a steel trap of movie knowledge.  For future reference, any corner will hide you from zombies, and Patrick Stewart may, or may not, be a hermaphroditic lizard from space from the waist down (OK, to be fair that last one was from after the movie, but it was still funny.)

As usual, I recorded our little talk fest, and you can find the podcasts here.

As a bonus for whoever asked for it (sorry, it's been a while), I also did a video of the 'behind the scenes' stuff I do during Movie Nights.  Unfortunately, running the movies and the other software maxed out my system.  It was messing with Skype and my system was threatening to catch on fire (it was up to 195º F, about 95º C (?) ).  So I only have about a minute of video, but you can get an idea of the clicky clicky I do.

Next Movie Night-
In trying to 'punch up' Movie Night, i.e. less boring scenes, so I am thinking of doing either a 'Demons 1 & 2' Night or a Peter Jackson Night ('Dead Alive' aka 'Brain Dead'  and 'Bad Taste.'  Maybe 'Meet the Feebles' also if I can my grubby hands on it.) next, probably March 31st.  I put the choices in the poll so you can voice your pick.

So thanks to everyone who showed up, I had a great time, and I hope you did too.
-Azzy

Last edited by azathoth (2012-02-12 05:24:09)

Re: HM Movie Night #13- Valentine's Day Horror Recap

It was a lot of fun! Next time I'll try to have my schoolwork done before though... Whoops! lol

^^
Nothin' wrong with a little Lan Switching and Wireless between friends... lol  Ever get your trunk interface to work?  (Believe it or not folks, that's an actual Cisco thing.)

what i find amusing is you can hear alli and alix in the back ground as well as lilli (babydark lord) who would get right up on the screen

Last edited by revengebiteme (2012-02-12 15:44:21)

I showed up but fell asleep VERY shortly after.
I was soo tired. I had watched a movie at my best friends house just before I left.
SHe made me a coffee cause she said that it looked like I needed one tongue
And I am quite positive that I nodded off a couple of times during the movie.
I don't think she noticed big_smile It was dark and she didn't mention anything.

azathoth wrote:

^^
Nothin' wrong with a little Lan Switching and Wireless between friends... lol  Ever get your trunk interface to work?  (Believe it or not folks, that's an actual Cisco thing.)

I did finally get it to work. Turns out it was set up to where you had to get done with the entire lab before could check those settings.