Topic: Best Movie In a Series

Pretty simple, which one movie of the following series with at least three or more movies is your favorite? Just pick your one favorite from each and add more series not listed if you'd like.

---

Friday The 13th

Halloween

A Nightmare On Elm Street

Saw

Scream

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Alien

Predator

Phantasm

Evil Dead

Hellraiser

Child's Play

Final Destination

---

My favorites in each:

Friday The 13th - Jason Lives

Halloween - 1978 Original

A Nightmare On Elm Street - New Nightmare

Saw - Saw II

Scream - Original

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - 2003 Remake

Alien - Aliens

Predator - Predator 2

Phantasm - Phantasm II

Evil Dead - Evil Dead II

Hellraiser - Original

Child's Play - Original

Final Destination - Original

Re: Best Movie In a Series

Friday The 13th-remake count? cause if not freddy vs jason

Halloween-resurecton

A Nightmare On Elm Street- freddys dead:final nightmare and dream worriors I cant choose

Saw-the first because its original

Scream -1 and 4 cant choose between them

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre- the biggining I guess

Alien-not seen them

Predator-not seen them

Phantasm-only seen the first

Evil Dead-second

Hellraiser-hellworld and deader cant choose

Child's Play-seed of chucky

Final Destination-the first

Last edited by revengebiteme (2012-02-18 11:52:59)

Friday The 13th - Original

Halloween - Original

A Nightmare On Elm Street - Original

Saw - Original

Scream - Original

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Remake

Alien - Original

Predator - Predators

Phantasm - Original

Evil Dead - Original

Hellraiser - Original

Child's Play - Original

Final Destination - None

Some more for me:

Some more to add to my list:

Jaws - Original

Paranormal Activity - Original

Puppet Master - Puppet Master 4

Maniac Cop - Maniac Cop 2

I Know What You Did Last Summer - Original

Living Dead (Romero) - Day Of The Dead (1985)

Return Of The Living Dead - Part II

Friday The 13th- Friday The 13th The Final Chapter

Halloween - the first

A Nightmare On Elm Street   the third one Dream Warriors

Saw- saw3

Scream the first

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre   the remake

Alien the first

Predator the first

Phantasm the first

Evil Dead the first

Hellraiser the first

Child's Play the first

Final Destination  one & two

I am surprised how many are taking evil dead one over two, are you sincere or being horror snobs?

Last edited by swollenguy (2012-02-17 16:05:42)

swollenguy wrote:

I am surprised how many are taking evil dead one over two, are you sincere or being horror snobs?

because Evil Dead is excellent , evil dead 2 is good   big guy! smile

I have read where people (including Rami) explain how two is a sequel but let’s be honest Two and one are the same movie except two's a bigger budget and has a little more fun with itself. Not to mention two is less grainy and better cut, IE easier to watch IMO.

swollenguy wrote:

I have read where people (including Rami) explain how two is a sequel but let’s be honest Two and one are the same movie except two's a bigger budget and has a little more fun with itself. Not to mention two is less grainy and better cut, IE easier to watch IMO.

i would certainly concur that Evil Dead 2 Is better made, but i go for the serious version. i DO like Evil Dead 2, it has some great moments but one beats it every time in my opinion and both are way ahead of the very disapointing Evil dead 3.

Halloween - I have only watched the first

Friday the 13th - Same - (I don't get why this movie is so highly rated. There are elements about that are quite effective e.g the echoed soundtrack but as a whole it did not have a high impact on me and was ultimately forgettable)

TCM - Original

Alien - Aliens

Evil Dead - Original (Though upon rewatching 2 this could change)

Predator - Predator 1

Saw - Saw 1

NOES - Original

Childs Play - Original

Scream -  Scream 4

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-02-26 16:06:10)

swollenguy wrote:

I personally like 2 and 3 better than the first. I love all three ED movies, but I found the sequels more fun to watch.

Friday The 13th -- part IV The Final Chapter

Halloween -- origianl

A Nightmare On Elm Street -- original

Saw -- origianl

Scream -- Meh...original

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre -- origianal

Alien -- original although Aliens is a very close second

Predator -- original

Phantasm -- part 2

Evil Dead -- Army of Darkness

Hellraiser -- original

Child's Play -- original, though not a big fan of this series

Final Destination -- original

Friday The 13th – original but Jason takes Manhattan is a guilty pleasure.

Halloween -- original

A Nightmare On Elm Street – part three is my fav

Saw – don’t like them

Scream – don’t like them

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre – part two, one of my all-time fav movies

Alien -- original

Predator -- original

Phantasm -- part 2

Evil Dead – Part two

Hellraiser – original is the better but I enjoy part two more

Child's Play -- original

Final Destination -- original

swollenguy wrote:

its in the first one that he cut off his hand right? I only saw both movies once but that scene stuck with me along with the laughing house scene

Friday The 13th - Part 4, though part 6 is a close second.  Part 2: boring.  Part 3: my third favorite, mostly for the imaginative effects (eye's-a-poppin!) and a tighter-than-most storyline (horrid segment where the chick relates her "Jason almost got me" story, though).  Part 5: for nostalgic reasons, I enjoy it more than most.  Part 7: meh.  Part 8: crap.  Jason Goes to Hell: better than I expected but still far from great.  Jason vs Freddy: meh, too.  Friday remake: thought it was a slap in the face to even the passive Friday fan.  It's suckitude actually angered me.

Halloween - Carpenter's original, hands down, by far, no question about it.  Part 2 was merely a clone of the very movies which attempted to clone the original, part 4 was a good try, part 5 was shit, part 6 was double shit, I thought H2O was the best sequel since the original, and I can't count the ways I abhored part 8.  "Happy Halloween, motherfucker!" *karate kick*  Pure, unfettered dog shit.  I do think part 3 is a solid stand alone flick, though it doesn't get a lot of praise.  Zombie's remake: very good, and much better than I thought it would be.  Zombie's H2: junk without a single saving grace.  I was hugely disappointed with it.

A Nightmare On Elm Street - the first is the best, but I have a lot of love for part 2 and part 3 is easily the most imaginative.  The rest: pfffft.  Except for New Nightmare, which had some interesting ideas.  The remake:  I laughed through most of it, and not in a good way.  Jackie Earl Haley, a good and capable actor, did what he could as Freddy but it was the film equivalent of polishing a turd.

Saw - the first.  Saw 2 was basically Cube dumbed down.  Part 3 played like a gorier than most but equally insipid SyFy flick.  Didn't bother wasting my time with any past that.

Scream - the first.  Part 2 was better than I expected.  Part 3 blew dog.  Part 4 was been there, done that.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - the original.  I also really like part 2.  TCM 3 was a total dog.  The remake and its sequels/prequels: undiluted shit.

Alien - the original.  Didn't care much for Aliens, thought it was one big exercise in overkill.  Part 3 is better than most folks make it out to be.  Part 4 is exactly as mediocre as most folks make it out to be, though the FX are top-notch.

Predator - the first.  Predator 2 was a joke; the Alien vs Predator movies are tepid crap.  I did enjoy Predators, but thought it could (and should) have been better.

Phantasm - part 2.  I'm not a big fan of the loopy, nonsensical original, and I've not seen 3 or 4.

Evil Dead - I'd rate the first two about even as they're both effective for what they're each supposed to be.  AOD is a fun distraction, but I don't consider it a horror movie by any stretch.

Hellraiser - the first one.  Parts 2 and 3 had their moments.  Cool female Cenobite in part 4 but that was the best thing about it.  Didn't bother with any installments beyond that.

Child's Play - the first one.  Child's Play 2 was junk.  Child's Play 3 was even worse.  I despised Bride of Chucky and didn't bother with Seed of Chucky.

Final Destination - part 2, which I thought was leaps and bounds better than the first.  Watched half of part 3 before I got tired of it, and haven't bothered with any of the others.

Friday The 13th  - Part 6.  Odd to me how many people here love that one too.

Halloween - Part 4 for nostalgic reasons.  One is a close second.

A Nightmare On Elm Street - One baby!

Saw - One.

Scream - One and only one...this for me is my series that shouldn't of been.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - The remake.  I know I stand almost alone on this, and that's fine, but I remember watching this in the theater with my jaw down thinking - Someone finally figured out how to make a good horror movie.

Alien - One.

Predator - One.

Phantasm - Two!

Evil Dead - Two!

Hellraiser - Not sure which was which and which ones I seen.

Child's Play - One and only one.

Final Destination - Not my thing.  Don't like any.

Friday The 13th- part 1 (Jason coming out of the water at the end is my most scariest movie moment!)

Halloween- part 5

A Nightmare On Elm Street- "...the first one was but the rest suck"

Saw- part 5

Scream- part 1

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre- 2003 remake

Alien- part 1

Predator- original

Phantasm- never seen them

Evil Dead- part 1 (don't usually care for funny/horror type movies)

Hellraiser- part 1 & 2

Child's Play- part 2 (always loved the toy factory scene)

Final Destination- part 2

Friday The 13th Part 6

Halloween 1

A Nightmare On Elm Street Part 3

Saw 1

Scream 2

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 3

Aliens

Predator 1

Phantasm 2

Evil Dead 2

Hellraiser 1

Child's Play 1

Final Destination 1

revengebiteme wrote:
swollenguy wrote:

its in the first one that he cut off his hand right? I only saw both movies once but that scene stuck with me along with the laughing house scene

Im pretty sure its the second one where he cuts off his hand  I am being sincere when i like the first. There are moments in it that are genuinely quite creepy to me. Like when the girl is facing away from the res of the guys playing cards and starts saying stuff and turns round with that disturbing expression. Raimi's use of camera angles is as the second very good as-well. Initially when i watched the first i thought it was good but by no means a masterpiece but upon my second viewing i like it a whole lot more(at this point i already watched the second) and preferred it over the second(maybe because i got a better looking DVD version(remastered video and sound and listening to it through my hi res earphones.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-02-18 11:04:30)

swollenguy wrote:

I like Evil Dead better than Part 2 also. When I was younger the first on actually freaked me out and was scary. The second one is fun and I enjoy it but like wolfman said I like that the first one was a little more serious.

Vasquez wrote:
revengebiteme wrote:
swollenguy wrote:

Im pretty sure its the second one where he cuts off his hand  I am being sincere when i like the first. There are moments in it that are genuinely quite creepy to me. Like when the girl is facing away from the res of the guys playing cards and starts saying stuff and turns round with that disturbing expression. Raimi's use of camera angles is as the second very good as-well. Initially when i watched the first i thought it was good but by no means a masterpiece but upon my second viewing i like it a whole lot more(at this point i already watched the second) and preferred it over the second(maybe because i got a better looking DVD version(remastered video and sound and listening to it through my hi res earphones.

in that case I change my answer I like the second one better

^ I don't think we're allowed to change our answers.  We have to stick with our first response.  Sorry Vengey.  tongue

Friday The 13th Part 6. Probly the most stylish and has a good mix of everything I expect out of a slasher film.

Halloween 3. Yeah I know people hate this one because it doesn't have Michael Myers. I like it because it tried something different that was creepy and gory and I really like the sound track.

A Nightmare On Elm Street 3. Even though the series took way too much of a comedic turn, I think this is the entry that really defined the Freddy we think of.

Saw. Liked the first one... for about twenty minutes.

Scream. Not a fan of the series. Sorry.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. How do you follow up one of the scariest movies? Take the movie in the totally opposite direction. I love the characters, especially Chop Top.

Alien. Atmospheric, creepy. I can't say anything about this film that hasn't been said already.

Predator. So many quotes from this movie.

Phantasm. The rest of the series started getting too silly.

Evil Dead. The tag line says everything about this one. I could watch it over and over again.

Hellraiser. Never got into the series, but the first is alright.

Child's Play. The first was kinda creepy and could have been creepier. Then Chucky became a bad stand up comedian with an unwanted side kick.

Final Destination... None. I liked it when it was called Sole Survivor though.

Friday The 13th - The first and original. Although it's been a long time since I seen it.

Halloween - I've only seen the remake which I hated.

A Nightmare On Elm Street - The first and Original.

Saw - Possibly the 2nd.

Scream - The first!

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - yet to see any of the originals but I seen the newish one "The beggining which I hated!

Alien - Again, the first.

Predator - not seen them!

Phantasm - See above.

Evil Dead - Only seen the first, having a hard time finding 2.

Hellraiser - I liked the book so have stayed away from the film. Will watch it when I come across it next.

Child's Play - despised them all. Especially the seed of chucky.

Final Destination - The second. I loved it but the 5th is a close 2nd.

UltraViolence wrote:

Friday The 13th - The first and original. Although it's been a long time since I seen it.

Halloween - I've only seen the remake which I hated.

Predator - not seen them!

Phantasm - See above.

Definitely see all of the movies in these series when you can.