Topic: Ab-Normal Beauty

I just got done reviewing another great release from Tartan Asia Extreme called Ab-Normal Beauty.  It is a films by The Pang Brothers who some people may know from their work on The Eye or Bangkok Dangerous.  The story is about a girl who becomes obsessed with photographing death and the emotional strain it puts on her life.  This is a film filled with all sorts of emotions and delivers an ending that I didnt see coming.  Sure the ending wasnt perfect but it was an adrenilne booster that I never expected.  Check out the trailer below or read my full review here: http://www.horror-movies.ca/reviews.php?id=2674

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4olFbP1Yxc[/youtube]

Re: Ab-Normal Beauty

your review inspired me to add a ton of good Tartan trailers to TerrorFeed.

Meh wrote:

your review inspired me to add a ton of good Tartan trailers to TerrorFeed.

Sweet, I noticed the Shietan one, good stuff!  I have been on a Tartan movie binge lately.  My last few reviews have all pretty much been Tartan.  I mean Ab-normal Beauty, A Tale of Two Sisters, Marebito, Silk....all Tartan.  I am waiting on a few in the mail hat I ordered still such as Sheitan, Face, Cello, and Slaughter Nights.   Tartan's got me hooked, and I'm loving every minute of it.

I actually own Slaughter Nights. Pretty damn good movie.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

I actually own Slaughter Nights. Pretty damn good movie.

I hope so, it seemed good.  Never done a Dutch horror movie before.  After I get all the stuff I bought online, i think my next batch may have the films H6: Diary of a Serial Killer.  It's from Spain and seems pretty good.  Also possibly Bad Blood from Portugal, which is a mystery/horror and won the Golden Globe for Best Film at the Golden Globes out in Portugal.

the trailer is totally kickass

Kill The Firstborn wrote:

the trailer is totally kickass

yeah I saw the trailer on another Tartan DVD and thats what made me go out and buy this one.  It was very good, one of my favorite Tartan vids so far.

The Heirloom is the only Tartan that Ive seen that I havent cared for so far. They have a great catalog of films.