Topic: How many people do you explicity trust?

I'm meaning with the true serious stuff in life.  I've got 9 or 10 (not sure about sis-in-laws' husband yet).  Wifey, my parents, my sis & her husband, my in-laws (including bro in law- hell he offered to loan me his AK-47, and sis-in-law).  I'm leaving out sis's munchkins for right now, since they aren't combat trained yet.

So how about everyone else?  No need to name who, just wondering how many people, on average, everyone has trust in.

Re: How many people do you explicity trust?

honestly? 5 I dont trust easily if tou have my trust its because you earned it and  if you lose that trust you lose me

About 3 but that is because i trust no one lol

Tough question. It's not many though.

Three; my mom and my two sisters (I have three sisters, but I only count these two).  We all grew up together and we take our family bond quite seriously, and even though we don't always get along with one another, we always have each others' backs when it comes right down to it.  I hope that in time my nieces and nephews grow to earn my trust; I love 'em all to pieces, but at their current ages they're far too conniving and sneaky to have garnered anything beyond my most rudimentary of trusts. lol

My implicit trust is a hard fuckin' thing to come by.  Not because I'm paranoid, but because I'm a realist, and I've dealt with enough people in my life and in my work to know that most folks will only honor your trust until it's no longer beneficial to them.  What they don't realize, though, is that once you've lost my trust, there's no getting it back. 

I'm a hard case like that.

5, My Wife, Brother, Sister & Parents & a really good friend that i know i can trust. I have other people that i can turn to but those people are first & foremost.

Mom, wife, oldest brother,

I trust my son to call poopoo head and do the "butt dance" after winning a game

only 4 -  my parents and 2 ex-girlfriends

not that many to be honest........mainly just family.

after being burned by a group of so-called friends in my early 20's, i've found it very hard to trust people. hmm

None.

Hmm, and I thought I was being harsh with just 9!

I know it may sound harsh, but I believe in the expression 'you're always hurt by the ones you love.' I do have my reasons. People that have burned me the most are the people I trusted.

My proctologist, sure people tell me medical licenses aren’t drawn in crayon and stuck to the wall with gum. Also the say medical offices aren’t located between the dumpsters behind K-mart. But I say Dr Ralph is a stand up guy and hey he takes my HMO.

I’ll tell you someone else I trust, it’s Dave Attel he says if it feels like more than three fingers it’s probably not a finger, pretty sure he’s right.

I trust my friends more than family sometimes

3 and that's it and there are many many times that goes down to 0. " Trust No One"!

wolfman1959 wrote:

3 and that's it and there are many many times that goes down to 0. " Trust No One"!

Not even the voice in you head that says "Try it you might like it."

no one i've got burned so many times by so many people i just can't trust anyone until what they say they'll do happens.

swollenguy wrote:
wolfman1959 wrote:

Not even the voice in you head that says "Try it you might like it."

the voice in my head says " you'll get hurt"

3- Me, Myself & I

Edit- I take that back, 1. My wife.

Last edited by Underdog (2012-01-14 21:06:31)

azathoth wrote:

Hmm, and I thought I was being harsh with just 9!

Don't even try to change his mind lol. He doesn't even trust his BFF's! tongue.

Hmm probably around 4.

my philosiphy has always been this...never trust anyone except your mother...and watch her.

Honestly not very many. My Mom, brother and some of the guys I work with. That's about it.

My fiance.
My best friend who I have known for my entire life.
My parents who would do anything they can for me.
And my 2 brothers.
Those are who I trust completely

Mr UV. I have a little bit of a trust issue with other people. A lot of the people I associate with a gossips. Theirs a guy who comes into the pub I work at who for some reason puts me completely at ease so I tell him a lot and trust him to keep it to himself, so far he hasn't let me down. From the word go I felt like I could tell him anything and a lot of people say the same.