Topic: All Zombie Novels / Books Here

Ok...There are a lot of Zombie materials out there.  I want to find the best ones to read.  Some seem to be series of books, and some are stand alones.  I don't feel like spending a lot of time to research these books on my own.  Was hoping my brothers and sisters at HM could come to this Thread with recommendations.  Or at least there could be some discussion here.

I like apocalyptic ones.  People surviving.  Fighting.  Shooting Zombies.

Anyone?  Anyone?

Re: All Zombie Novels / Books Here

World War Z (novel)
Zombie Chronicles (serialized novel)

All I can think of off the top of my head.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

As I'm such a nice guy I'll hook you up with an instant zombie fix while you look for old fashioned printed books.

Webcomics
The Zombie Hunters
Dead Winter
Zombie Waffe

Books
4 Zombie novels by David Wellington plus one about vampires and one about werewolves
The next 4 are downloadable and will need some sort of ebook reader software or a kindle type device
Autumn 1
Autumn 2
Autumn 3
Autumn 4

Enjoy smile

Thanks all!  Good start!

cap's given you David Moodys'  'Autumn' collection, but i think you should also check out 'Hater'

http://www.djmoody.co.uk/Hater.htm

no zombies, but definitely apocalyptic! smile

^^  Good suggestion, twisted. I've read the first two books so far in the Hater series and loved them. Eagerly awaiting for the third and final installment.

There is a good book dealing with the history of zombie movie and other media called Book of the Dead

Underdog wrote:

^^  Good suggestion, twisted. I've read the first two books so far in the Hater series and loved them. Eagerly awaiting for the third and final installment.

i've just re-read 'Hater' and my sis has lent me the next two......which i intend to get stuck into after the weekend.

'The Zombie Survival Guide' by Max Brooks is a pretty good read as well ghosty! smile

Last edited by twistedsista (2012-02-24 15:07:33)

I can't believe I forgot to mention the "As the World Dies" trilogy by the virtuoso of zombie fiction Rhiannon Frater.
Linky goodness

Cool fun fact: This trilogy was written in installments of the forum over at moviesonline.ca. Sadly the forum is no more and all the excellent zombie stories over there are floating in some digital limbo. It was this actual trilogy that caused me to join the forum over there just to say how much I liked it.
That turned out to be a bad move for you guys, I hung around and eventually got promoted to mod so when I eventually wandered over to this forum guess what happened wink You suffer because Meh thinks I'm awesome big_smile

^ If I was a zombie I would think that you were awesomely delicious. ^

Cap Howdy wrote:

Cool fun fact: This trilogy was written in installments of the forum over at moviesonline.ca. Sadly the forum is no more and all the excellent zombie stories over there are floating in some digital limbo...

http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http:/ … sonline.ca

Hey, it's a start.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-02-24 15:55:39)

As The World Dies is definately the gold standard of zombie literature, the final installment of the trilogy is supposed to be out next month. Really great memories, logging onto the old site to find a new chapter up, just amazing writing.

Aside from that, I recently read one called Pariah by Bob Fingerman. It actually doesn't have a lot of zombie action, focusing more on the characters trapped in an apartment building, but a really great story.

David Wellington's zombie trilogy, Monster Island, Monster Nation, Monster Planet. The first one was the best, but the other two aren't bad.

Xombies, by Walter Greatshell. It also has a sequel, but I didn't like that one as much.

The Rising and City Of The Dead, by Brian Keene. These aren't traditional zombies, but demons possessing dead bodies.

Dead Sea, also by Brian Keene, these are more traditional type zombies.

Dead City, by Joe McKinney. Pretty good story, it also has a couple of sequels, but I haven't read them yet.

Deathbringer, by Bryan Smith. Kind of a different zombie story, but pretty good.

That's the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

You weren't exactly a slouch on the zombie fiction front yourself Sleazy wink

Thanks Cap! One of my short stories actually was published last year. I'm still working on my novel, I had a lot of personal issues that slowed me down, but I'm back at work on it now. I'll keep you posted.

Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry and the sequel Dust & Decay are quite good. Its a "teen" series but I still dug the crap out of them.

If your looking for non zombie, post apocalyptic novels, it didn't get any better than Swan Song by Robert McCammon. I personally think its far superior to The Stand

^^
Um, you link takes it to a 'Romance List.'  I see you can get to horror, so I don't know if you are spamming or just screwed up your link.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and not reporting you.  For now.

I read quite a bit of zombie fiction. Other than what has already been mentioned:

J.L. Bourne's Day by Day Armageddon series (a favorite of mine)
Z.A. Recht's Plague of the Dead, Thunder and Ashes, Survivors
Kim Paffenroth's Dying to Live series
Peter Cline's Ex-Heroes
Bowie Ibarra's Down the Road  series
Tony Monchinski's Eden series
Ben Tripp's Rise Again
Joe McKinney's Dead World series
Jonathan Maberry's Patient Zero
Jesse Petersen's Living with the Dead series (hysterical)
S.G. Brown's Breathers: A Zombie's Lament (funny and written from the zombie POV)
Diana Rowland's White Trash Zombie series (another Zombie POV with humor)
Kevin David Anderson's Night of the Living Trekkies (a favorite of mine)
Harrison Geillor's The Zombies of Lake Woebegotten
David Dunwoody's Empire
Carlton Mellick III's Zombie's and Shit

I have more, but that's just what I could come up with off the top of my head.

The Rising by Brian Keene is a good one, Trip Ellington's Zombie University, and The Walking Dead by Kirkman, of course.

Welcome joan!

MsG - Wow...you read a lot!

^^ Yeah, I do smile