Topic: New Story!

My first this year.

http://theswollencorpse.blogspot.com/20 … there.html

Synopses:
While playing in the forest behind their houses three young friends stumble on a very bad place.

Sounds cliché but it’s not. I just don’t want to give away more.

Last edited by swollenguy (2012-02-23 17:46:36)

Re: New Story!

I will read it sometime in the near future.

^Greatly appreciated!

Made some edits. flows a little better now.

You know I'll read it bro...as soon as I get a bit.

Edit:  Hey...I posted in another Thread that I am going to The Stanley Hotel.  Would you be interested in me having a pic of your book taken at the hotel...somewhere?  Like in front of the hotel, or in the room King stayed in, or the most active room, or something like that?  Or is that a lame and stupid idea?  I don't know, just thought, for your blog or something, to have a pic of your book at The Stanley might be cool.  Let me know.  I could send it to you.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2012-02-24 01:44:11)

I would love that and would totally post on my blog. thanks man.

Sweet!  Ok, I almost didn't ask cuz I thought you'd think it was stupid.  I think it's kinda cool.

Edited post.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2012-02-24 08:13:31)

Double post / computer issues.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2012-02-24 08:14:04)

Triple post / computer problems.  Sorry.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2012-02-24 08:15:04)

Swollen, you might want to put "(Possible Spoilers)" in your post title.  I almost got a shot of them from Ghosty's ^^ post.

^ Confused...all I had in there was a line about one of his stories from his book a bit go.  Guess I didn't think of it as a spoiler cuz it was apparent in the first couple paragraphs that's what the story was about. 

Well that and I was giving Swollen sh*t for not using my story for the Halloween thing he did on his blog.  big_smile

Anyway...I fixed it...I was tired and the post made no sense.  Sorry about all the other posts, was having computer issues.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2012-02-24 08:21:28)

AZ: I didn’t see any spoilers.

GS: Hey it was a group effort and part of your story did make it in the Halloween thing, so tongue . Remember you get computer “issues” from going on those “educational” sites, also the educational value of what those midgets are doing is debatable.

Hmm.  I must have mixed up 2 threads.  Sometimes I'll read HM one 2 or 3 tabs, for various reasons.  Sorry about that.  sad

I'll read your story later Sam when i get the time. usually enjoy them so looking forward to it. smile

wolfman1959 wrote:

I'll read your story later Sam when i get the time. usually enjoy them so looking forward to it. smile

Looking forward to your thoughts

azathoth wrote:

Hmm.  I must have mixed up 2 threads.

For what it's worth...I don't think you mixed up Threads.  I edited a post where I commented on one of Swollen's stories from his book.  I think you mighta thought that was about the story in this Thread and thought it was a spoiler.  I edited because it was a long stupid post that didn't make a lot of sense.  smile

Anyway...lookin forward to readin this later.

Ok...read it.  Very cool.   Liked that is was unpredictable.  Nice job dude!

^^
Ah!  Chaos, madness, editing of posts, dogs and cats living together!  Well, at least I'm not 100% nutso.  big_smile
Though thinking back about it, I can see where I jumped the gun, since I'm pretty sure which story you were referring to, and it had a similarity to the new one.

azathoth wrote:

^^
Ah!  Chaos, madness, editing of posts, dogs and cats living together!  Well, at least I'm not 100% nutso.  big_smile
Though thinking back about it, I can see where I jumped the gun, since I'm pretty sure which story you were referring to, and it had a similarity to the new one.

Did you read the new one?

Not yet.  Just going off the 'young kids' thing.
I'll have some time tonight/tomorrow morning, though.  I'm getting there.

I have read it and as always it was vivid and held the attention. i would agree with Ghostie that it is unpredictable which is a good thing. i have not read one of your stories and thought " What a load of rubbish" and i don't think there is much chance of that, you are a good writer and you constantly prove that by holding the attention.

Thanks GS and Wolf for taking the time to read and for the feed back. It means a lot.

azathoth wrote:

Not yet.  Just going off the 'young kids' thing.
I'll have some time tonight/tomorrow morning, though.  I'm getting there.

Have ya?

I have read your last story, but neglected to post my thoughts. Of all your stories I've read, I enjoyed that one the most. The story flowed nicely, the characters were likeable, and the story had a great ending.

Give me some time to read your latest, swollen. I've been super busy lately.