Topic: Carrie Remake??

So I heard and then did a search.
Remake of Carrie?? Really??
They are thinking about casting Lindsey Lohan.
And Megan Fox wants to play Carrie.

Seriously??

Re: Carrie Remake??

Noooooooooo! Why bother! the original stands up on it's own, and they did a t.v movie mini series anyway which didn't do well so why can't they leave the hell alone? mad

Didn't they already do a remake with Angela Bettis?  or was it a sequel...  I haven't seen it yet

The Rage: Carrie 2 is what you're likely thinking of, DG.  It was intended to be a remake, but they opted to call it a sequel instead.

^^
Not that you can really tell the difference, plus it was not a good movie.

^^^ Yup yup.  It did reek of the brown word...

Not just the rage, there was a remake in 2002 with Angela Bettis that was made for tv like Wolfman said...but the original is brilliant, so why bother.

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2012-02-26 19:15:53)

I'm alone on this.... I'd like to see Megan Fox as Carrie. It would really show her in a different character light, and who knows? Everyone snubbed their nose at Michael Keaton for Batman and Daniel Craig for James Bond and both turned in some of the best the genre has ever had. I do know this.... Megan Fox playing a "fox" does not work!!! She's playing herself essentially. I'd like to see her with her hair down and make-up off, and stripped of the "hottie" factor. And depending upon the director, I think she could pull it off. You never know.

I've grown numb to all the prequels/sequels/remakes. If nobody went to see them, they would stop making them, but that will never happen. If you don't want to see it, easiest thing to do... don't watch it. If they can make it stick out on its own as a film instead of being shadowed by the originals or its predecessors, then I really don't mind. I don't think I'm trying to defend any of them here, but coming up with something original that will succeed is very hard to do these days, especially in horror. We are a very rabid fan base. We don't want any remakes or sequels, but we are the first to see them and when someone tries something different, most of the time they are hated by critics and fans alike and called rip off artist. But to each their own. If something appeals to me, I'll see it and if I end up hating it... better luck next time.

First... YUCK

Second... loved the TV movie with the always awesome Angela Bettis and the EVER lovely Emilie de Raven.

No need for a remake shit.... just go and grab yourself the real one....
and yeah that second one or whatever it was sucked... so theres no doubt any other versions are gonna suck a fat dirty ass.

Watch Sissy and Piper, thats the only way

DemonToSome wrote:

and yeah that second one or whatever it was sucked... so theres no doubt any other versions are gonna suck a fat dirty ass.

the demon speaks wisely! smile

It's been rumored that the Carrie remake will star Chloe Moretz and Julianne Moore:
http://moviepilot.com/upcoming-movies/3 … 138-carrie

Hmm.. no thanks.

I think I heard that actress that played hit girl from kick ass will play the role of carrie. I personally think they should leave this alone, I am getting sick of the remakes and prequels, enough!

^^^ It's true, Chloe Moretz is in the title role.  It's currently in production and is due to be released next year.  But I'm cool with that.  I'm not a huge fan of the original and I think this very talented young actress has the chops to make it worthwhile.

Chloe Mortez is definitely a very talented actress so I still have a little bit of hope for the remake. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a watered down PG-13 teen flick.

Ordinarily I dread classic films getting the remake 'treatment' but I'm on tenterhooks awiting this one. I mean, Stephen King's 'Carrie' is a story of a pubescent telekinetic psycho schoolgirl. Now if that isn't enough scope to play around with I really don't know what is!!!
This has range to veer off in all directions. I'm looking forward to it.
Also, Chloe Moretz looks fit as fuck all caked in blood and Julianne Moore could do a bloody good job as her mad mum.
Here's some pics...
Chloe:
http://img.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/chloe-moretz-carrie-ew-mgm.pbbig.jpg
And here's Julianne looking every inch the bible thumping, nightie wearing, lunatic mother from hell...
Julianne:
http://img.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/julianne-moore-carrie-ew-mgm.pbbig.jpg

I'll ask the same question every time a (horror) film is being remade, why not remake the movies that were bad but had a good premise? Carrie stands on it's own to this day. There is no need for a remake at all.

And Carrie 2 was sooooo bad. Hopefully this one isn't in the same vein cause I'll put the director on fire. lol

^
I hear ya Scavenger but Carrie has so much elbow room and scope to create something new. I principally loathe remakes but I reckon, just like the 2004 version of Dawn of the Dead, that this 'un might just turn out roses and surprise us all.
Brian De Palma's take on Carrie is less than perfect so it's hardly blasphemous to have another crack at this one. The book is miles better than the film so I'll just wait and see how this one turns out. Carrie is fair game in my book. And hey, at least it's not Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes production company making it!

I happen to like remakes even if they're not as good as the originals.
Especially asian flicks turned american. But the best remakes I've seen done are the 2 they did of I Spit On Your Grave. They were as good as the original maybe even better so...

^ The Hills Have Eyes is better than the original, and so is When a Stranger Calls (all in my opinion anyway) big_smile And yeah I see what you mean Fulcento, maybe it will be as good as the original but I just don't have faith in remakes these days. They tend to be bad. But we can always hope it will turn out good! smile

wolfman1959 wrote:
DemonToSome wrote:

the demon speaks wisely! smile

Thanks so much Wolfy... you're a great friend buddy!

After seeing the international poster (LOVE IT) of the Carrie remake and reading what the deth _banger has to say on the front page or HM I want to see it now. (The young cast is unknown to me and that intrigues me more) Hits movie theaters March 15
I am there.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

^ The Hills Have Eyes is better than the original, and so is When a Stranger Calls

You sir, is worshiped by me now.