Re: Walking Dead Season 2 Official Discussion Thread.

^^
Nice!

ChainSaW80 wrote:

Had to share...funny

*Possible Spoiler*

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzcs4 … o1_500.jpg

Edit: removed image tag because I realized the potential for spoiler.

Awesome!! haha

Can't wait for the next one.

Ooooooh...I'm not looking but all your reaction's make it sound interesting.  Is it a spoiler for the next episode or the season or more?

Just a couple of points for the Shane defenders to remember.
1) He had Rick in his sights and was ready to shoot him, his "best friend".
2) He damn near tried to rape Lori in the CDC.

Not that much of a poor misunderstood soul after all wink

^ that's true Cap

*Spoilers*

I think some things about Shane came to light in this newest episode. We knew he had feelings for Lori still but now it really just looks like he wants Rick out of the picture so he can move in on his family. Rick has has had to make tough decisions and Shane makes sure to disagree with everyone of them of late. On the other hand Lori os getting to be a bit conniving.

Well...I've said my opinion on the Shane thing.  Till I see him take a Walker for a walk on a leash, I will have respect for the decisions he already made...but I'll have to agree to disagree with most on that.  However, he is starting to lose it now IMHO.

Lori!  No offense to our female friends at HM...but why do you all do that!??!?  Even in a ZPOC you have to create drama.  smile  Yeah Saw...she's conniving all right.

This was another stellar episode.  Very tense.  I love this show.

Shane's obsessed with Lori and the baby, and pretty much shown that he'll do anything to get what he thinks should be his destined family. It's gonna be a Shane vs Rick battle soon. By the look in Rick's eyes, in the last few seconds of the episode. Rick will be ready.

I didn't see tonight's episode yet but last week was really something. 

Well looks like some new trouble has stepped in for the crew to be concern about.  First of all, how much you wanna bet that the guy who lost his hand on the rooftop in the beginning of the series is gonna make appearance this season somewhere along the line, how much you wanna bet.  Hell, he may be rollin' with the high-jack crew that just entered the picture.

Anyway, LoudLon, what you laid-out about last week's shootout scene was on point and Rick definitely showed that he was no joke.  When he raised up at the ready I was like, "yeah, that's right, it's on".  But the thing that really got me was when that whole thing went down, the Asian kid was just standing there looking stupid.  When fat-boy moved to the other side of the room, that's when he was suppose to get ready.  What the hell, he was standing at the back of the room with the f***in' shotgun.  Believe me, I'm not tryin' to come off as some bad-ass but I came up in the streets and I recognized the look Rick gave him when he looked over his shoulder at him when it was all over.  The average mf would've went off on him for just standing there looking stupid.  Okay, I may try to be understandable and ask if everybody's alright, then tell the kid to come with me for a minute.  Then I'd firmly yet calmly let him know while looking at him straight eye to eye not to ever pull that sh*t again.  Not while he's with me.

Then I remember while they both was in the car riding to town to find the old guy.  I remember while Rick was driving, the Asian kid was on the other side sitting there casually talking with the shotgun pointing towards his head.  I was like, "WTF".

Anyway, this season is starting off good... which is no surprise for this show.

Underdog wrote:

Shane's obsessed with Lori and the baby, and pretty much shown that he'll do anything to get what he thinks should be his destined family. It's gonna be a Shane vs Rick battle soon. By the look in Rick's eyes, in the last few seconds of the episode. Rick will be ready.

I was gonna say, Rick looked ready to punch someone.

ChainSaW80 wrote:

^ that's true Cap

*Spoilers*

I think some things about Shane came to light in this newest episode. We knew he had feelings for Lori still but now it really just looks like he wants Rick out of the picture so he can move in on his family. Rick has has had to make tough decisions and Shane makes sure to disagree with everyone of them of late. On the other hand Lori os getting to be a bit conniving.

I was going to mention Lori is really getting on my nerves lately.  It definitely seems like everything is leading to a showdown between Rick and Shane.

She screwed up and it's like she wants Rick to deal with it.

Does anyone think they'll do a - Back in time - type episode?  Like...show everyone before the Walker situation went down.  See how Shane and Rick's relationship was, and how the other character's lives were.  I think it would be interesting, though I imagine I've probably already lost the comic fans with this idea.

Other shows have done it...The Shield comes to mind.  Not so much saying they should, just guess I wouldn't be surprised if they did...if nothing else, just to eat up an episode.

^^
If they pull a flashback episode (meaning the majority of the episode, not just a scene), then the show's over; they ran out of ideas.

As for Shane, I'm pretty much done with him, because
[spoilers]:

He freaking lied that the others were back at the farm already?  You got a car, you got guns, they didn't know the other group was there.  All he's about know is Lori.  He already sacrificed one guy to save himself.  Who's next?

[end spoilers]

Well, today's episode was intense.  I wonder how much of the angst is going to bleed over to next week.

Another great episode tonight, the last two episodes have been a nice balance of character driven drama and zombie killin' action. It was nice to see Shane and rick take up most of the screen time this week and get to flesh out the turmoil between the two.

Another solid, amazing episode.  Maybe the best.  Just don't know where things will go form here between Rick and Shane...could be smoothed out, could be the opposite.

Finally Rick and Shane had it out....good stuff    And Andrea put Lori in her place...LOL  Go Andrea!

Saw spoiler photos by accident.
Ahhh

yikes

^ I know...all I was going to post is W O W !

Oh, fuck me!

SPOILERS!!!!!!! (left click and drag if you want it ruined for you):

They killed Dale!  Son of a bitch!

Now, personally, I knew Jeff DeMunn wasn't long for the show.  A couple months back news came out one of the main cast members wanted to leave the show after what went down with AMC and series developer/EP Frank Darabont.  I figured it was probably DeMunn, who has a loyalty to Darabont (he's appeared in just about every one of Darabont's flicks). 

But as the show progressed tonight I thought, huh, I bet this is the episode where they get rid of Dale.  But I was thinking he'd simply leave the group over his disagreement with killing the prisoner, and that would be his exit from the show.  Then I got a baaaaaaad feeling when he was talking to Shane and said he wasn't leaving.  At that point I knew it was just a matter of time before Dale kicked the bucket.  But dammit, I didn't want him leaving so soon!  Man, what a heartbreaking finale...

END SPOILERS

Yet another fantastic episode.  Just when you think this show couldn't possibly get any better...

Dang, that was a hardcore episode.  I wouldn't want to be the guy behind the trigger in either situation.

I didn't see that ending coming...kinda sad.  Something will happen with the kid next week for sure.  I already know one character that dies next week because of a spoiler...but I wonder if there will be another....hmm

^^
Once Karl (Carl?) ran away, I knew something was going to happen with that later on.  Didn't guess that, though.

Great thread...don't know how I missed it!

One thing I worry about is what's going on in Carl's head...this poor boy, there's definitely some issues with this kid developing.