Topic: Help me remember name of this asian film

I watched a movie a couple months ago and now cannot remember the title. I believe it was Japanese though could very well be Korean.  Either way, it begins with a woman's body discovered fully dressed and sitting on a set of stairs in a public place. No one notices she's dead until someone yells that she's missing a hand. Murders continue and police can't figure out who is doing it. Then two school students; a seemingly popular boy and a reclusive loner girl meet and discover they both have a odd obsession with death. They become friends, and can see the beauty in the way the killer posses his victims. Even finding a book they believe has a list of everyone the killer intends to victimize and decide not to turn it over to the police.

Please, can anyone can help me find the name of this movie. I've been going insane trying to remember the title and spent hours searching imdb and everywhere on the net for it. Thanks

Re: Help me remember name of this asian film

I kind of doubt it, but could it be 'Death Note?'

Goth 2008

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1092006/

^^
Nicely done, Doc!

Thanks

Thank you soooooo much! was going insane for a few days

Glad i could help.

ohlendorf wrote:

I watched a movie a couple months ago and now cannot remember the title. I believe it was Japanese though could very well be Korean.  Either way, it begins with a woman's body discovered fully dressed and sitting on a set of stairs in a public place. No one notices she's dead until someone yells that she's missing a hand. Murders continue and police can't figure out who is doing it. Then two school students; a seemingly popular boy and a reclusive loner girl meet and discover they both have a odd obsession with death. They become friends, and can see the beauty in the way the killer posses his victims. Even finding a book they believe has a list of everyone the killer intends to victimize and decide not to turn it over to the police.

Please, can anyone can help me find the name of this movie. I've been going insane trying to remember the title and spent hours searching imdb and everywhere on the net for it. Thanks

Well  I guess continuing to kill people must be these people from Death Note