Topic: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, ROUND 17

With the semi-final over, we now return to the regular weekly matches.  This week features a showdown between a pair of certifiable nut-jobs as...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/PeterNeal.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/VS.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/IrvingWallace.jpg

One's a bat-shit crazy novelist with a knack for burying the hatchet, the other's a bloodthirsty bird of prey -- or at least dresses like one.  Cast your votes to determine "hoo" will win.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before voting, please remember THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is deadlier.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE POINTS

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE POINT.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, ROUND 17

Why do you gotta make these things so tough mang?? 

I have to go with Irving simply because I think he is the craziest of the two and that chainsaw is one wicked weapon. One good swipe could take down an opponent or atleast put them outta commission enough for him to move in for the finishing blow.

Hi, Knucklehead.  XOXOXO

ChainSaW80 wrote:

Why do you gotta make these things so tough mang?? 

I have to go with Irving simply because I think he is the craziest of the two and that chainsaw is one wicked weapon. One good swipe could take down an opponent or at least put them outta commission enough for him to move in for the finishing blow.

Not sure if you know about the DVD give away contest I got going? Never the less, You have just been entered and get 2 numbers to pick. So, when you get a chance? Go to the thread and select 2 numbers from 1-50. Good luck!

Last edited by Underdog (2012-03-04 21:36:51)

Two great films this week!  I am going to choose Irving on this one as he was a pretty crazy psycho killer in a bird mask!

moviemaven wrote:

Hi, Knucklehead.  XOXOXO

Hey my red headed stalkee!!! wink lol

Part 1) The Coliseum in Rome was used for gladiatorial contests, public spectacles, animal hunts, executions, re-enactments of famous battles, and dramas based on Classical mythology.  Tonight, it will again host a battle. Gladiators, slaves, nor lions will be included in this battle.  Tonight the battle will include eight men.  It will be of epic proportion!  Blood will be spilled! Life will be lost!  The winners will walk away with his/her life intact and a $1,000,000.  The losers: Only death awaits.

The eight combatants were chosen by a secret society that has existed for over a century.  The members of this secret society are an elite group made up of bored millionaires/billionaires, world leaders, rock stars, and a handful of miscellaneous mad men.  The battles are held annually and each year a different country is selected to host them.  More money is wagered on every fight, than most men dream of ever making in a life time.  But, the true draw is the spectacle of watching men willing to wager their lives in battle.

Each combatant is given the the opportunity of choosing a weapon he/she feels will give them an advantage, and a win. The rules are simple: only one warrior may walk away alive.  After the first three battles are complete.  A tall, slim man dressed in a tuxedo walks to the center of the arena, and announces the grand finale.  " Ladies and gentlemen... tonight I present to you, two very brave warriors. Both hailing from Italy. Both with multiple kills under their belt.  Both certified psychopaths!  Two men who have willingly volunteered to wager their precious lives against one another... So, with no further ado... On my right, with ax in hand, I present to you.... Peter Neal....   And on my left, our second warrior, who has chosen a chainsaw as his weapon... Irving Wallace"....

To be continued...

Last edited by Underdog (2012-03-08 19:18:27)

I am going to go with Peter Neal because of his stealth and his keen analytical mind.  He managed to run around and off people left and right and avoid detection.  And he didn't have to have his victims locked in a theater where they were sitting ducks.  Plus that arm chop scene is permanently etched in my mind.

^ yeah I love that scene, then she walks around spraying blood on the walls! Awesome!

I voted for Lon cuz I wanted to see the tally and havnt seen the movies.

You should, man.  Both are great flicks; Tenebre for it's strong narrative and compelling mystery (stories that make sense are few and far between when it comes to Argento, thus why it's my favorite Argento flick) and Stage Fright, directed by Argento protege Michele Soavi, is a load of crazy horror fun.  It's obviously Italian but it has a zany sensibility which would fit nicely in a typically crazy Hong Kong horror flick.  And that oversized owl mask, while you might think it looks goofy, actually takes on an oddly creepy feel as the flick progresses.

Anyway, you should check 'em out.  You won't be disappointed. smile

P.S.: by the way, folks, I could use a little help.  The fight rosters have been done, obviously, but I do have one match I'm wanting to change.  It features Jason Voorhees vs Mad Man Mars (from the slasher flick Mad Man).  The more I think about that bout, the less I feel MMM would be a worthy opponent to a character of Jason's calibre. 

What I'm asking for are some suggestions as to whom I can have Jason face off against.  Mind you that it can't be any characters who have already appeared in previous weeks.  Obviously none of you know who will be appearing in future bouts (and I'm sure not gonna tell) but any character who you think might give Big J a run for his money, feel free to drop a name.  I'll let you guys know if/when I choose one of them (though I won't be telling who it is I pick -- you'll find out come the match).  Thanks ahead of time for any help. smile

swollenguy wrote:

I voted for Lon cuz I wanted to see the tally and havnt seen the movies.

Yea, I haven't watched either flic, either. Had to Google both films to get some info.

Since I haven't seen 'Stagefright,' I went off and did a lot of reading about it.  From what I could tell, Wallace was of the Michael Meyers type- never stopping in his pursuit of blood.  While Neal was pretty crafty, he was taken out by a coat hanger.

I got to give it to Owl-head for determination.

Winner- Irving Wallace

^Az, it's not so much that he was Michael Meyers like as it was that the troupe of actors were just too stupid to kill him off.  I kept thinking the whole time I watched, that all they had to do was stick together and they could have kicked the s**t out of the guy.

Wow...you guys haven't seen these two yet?  They are two great movies!  I think it's time for a Giallo marathon smile

^^
Feel free to pick some; I'll put them up for May.

Bird Head!  How can you argue with a dude in a bird head??!?!?!?!?  Irving is crazy, and stalky and would take out Peter the Neal...he's full of a peal!

Ok, this prob won't get 5 points.

Lon...I PM'd ya on the Jason match.  Either way, I'm curious what you think.

PM'ed ya back. big_smile

*bump*

Don't forget to vote, folks.  And again, I'm taking ideas for who to pit Jason Voorhees against, so feel free to post any ideas here.  Keep in mind however that it can't be anyone who's already appeared in a match so far.

^^
Just to make it easy, here's a visual recap of the previous contestants (PDF file) (ignore the right side, they're just place holders for now)

It looks better if you download it rather than looking at it online.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-03-10 08:14:34)

Part 2)  Peter walks slowly towards, Irving. Ax held high, a cold look in his eyes. Peter stops after about 5', lowers his ax to his knees, then begins to recite the poem "The Coliseum," By Edgar Allen Poe.... " Type of the antique Rome! Rich reliquary of lofty contemplation left to Time By buried centuries of pomp and power..."   Irving listens, silently. When the recital is complete, Irving gives a tug on the rip cord of his chainsaw " Whirrrr..." Under his breath, Irving says to himself,  " let the games begin, you bloody fool! "

Peter drops to his knees and begins a silent prayer, stands up, then proceeds to slice a 2" cut on his left palm. Irving doesn't know what to think of, Peter's actions? Irving revs his chainsaw and runs at, Peter. Peter's head is tilted upwards, as if star gazing, remaining still as a statue, despite his foe charging at him and just yards away. At the last possible moment. Peter side steps, and puts out his foot. Irving trips on the foot of, Peter. His awkward and heavy mask hinders him from regaining balance. Irving lands belly first on his chainsaw. Gutting him like a stuck pig, or an owl in this case. Irving is still alive, but just barely. Peter turns to face the on-lookers. He gestures a thumb up- thumb down? The on-lookers all unanimously give a resounding thumbs down. Peter walks to the bleeding, Irving. Removes his owl head dressing. Picks up the chainsaw and saws off the head. With head removed from the body, Peter seizes the decapitated head and holds it high in the air. The on-lookers begin clapping loudly. Game over!

Winner- Peter.
Why? Could be sheer luck? Maybe fate? I'm really not sure???  All I know is Peter wins. And in the end: isn't that all that really matters.

Last edited by Underdog (2012-03-11 17:54:57)

Okay, so, I'm not at home tonight so I won't be able to post today's new round (my photo files are on my pc), so I'll be putting it up tomorrow.  Last chance for anyone who may have voted but not posted a response to do so.  smile

Alright, it's a couple days late in coming but the final results are:

Irving Wallace: 4 votes
Justified Votes: 4 x 5 pts each = 20 pts
Total pts: 20

Peter Neal: 2 Votes
Justified Votes: 2 x 5 pts each = 10 pts
Total pts: 10

Winner: IRVING WALLACE

As for my fight breakdown:

The cool thing about Wallace is that he's a complete psychopath with no rhyme or reason.  There's only one thing on his mind: kill as many people as he can, in whatever way he can.  Though I have to wonder how he can see out of the owl mask; dude must have major tunnel vision through that thing.

Peter Neal: there's a reason Tenebre is my favorite Argento flick, and a big part of that is the fact that the revelation of Neal as a killer is so surprising.  He's a highly intelligent and articulate man, and to see him snap in the finale really sells how manipulative and cunning he's been throughout the entire movie.  Not only does the dude solve the murders the police can't, but he actually manages to pin a couple more of his own on that killer.  That takes the kind of devious mentality and sociopathy of a born killer.  Wallace may be a homicidal maniac, but Neal's a homicidal maniac with a plan and the intelligence to carry it out.

My take: Peter Neal wins.

Thanks to everyone who voted, and I apologize for not having the results up sooner.  Been a busy couple of days with me away from home.  Look for round 18, which will be up shortly. smile