Re: Walking Dead Season 2 Official Discussion Thread.

That last episode was crazy man, I never imagined that would happen... sad day in zombie apocalypseville me says

I'm still following it religiously its the only series on tv that I have gotten into for prolly 10 yrs.

Carl was totally pissing me off today.
Wanted to slap him.
Ending made me cry sad

yikes

Shane was a great character. he was also a loose cannon. I was a bit surprised that it was Rick who had to do the deed. Shane had it coming though.

TWD is now my all time favorite t.v show!!

^
***SPOILERS****

Agree 100%...although im not sad to see him go under the circumstances. Although im not sure the show will be the same without his character and conflict he stirred up. I think it will pull out though.

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2012-03-11 21:34:00)

ChainSaW80 wrote:

Although im not sure the show will be the same without his character and conflict he stirred up.

For me, this show went from - It's a show about zombies, which I'm in to, so I'll watch it. - to - Did that just happen!???!?!?!?!  I have to see the next episode! - Because of that conflict.  So I know exactly what you mean.  Shane was my favorite character, and that really bummed me out.

That was Awesome!  You mean we have to wait a whole week for the next one?  It looks like the farm will get attacked...I would love to see Zombies coming through the windows  and such!

Great episode!  I really look forward to seeing how they wrap this season up nex week!

Oddly enough, I've been away from The Walking Dead since season two went on its half-break. Today I spent the time to watch all of the episodes that have been piling up on my DVR, and I certainly have to say that Season 2 is fantastic all the way through!

That last episode was shocking (SPOILER ALERT!!!!)
Having both Shane die right after the episode in which Dale died...
Two really great characters gone so quickly, in which route are they going to take the story now? Like everyone else, I can't wait for the season finale!
Though it's a bummer Dale had to go, he was an awesome old guy.
Shane, on the other hand, I was rooting for to die. Even though he is definitely an engaging character that keeps this show pumping along...but he had to go at some point or another. Where it goes from here I can't say! big_smile

Last edited by The Creature (2012-03-13 12:40:11)

The past 2 episodes definitely went hard core.  It reminded me of the finale (maybe series finale, it's still up in the air) of "The Fades," where *spoiler* they killed off the girlfriend in a really brutal way.  I found it more shocking than Dale's or Shane's deaths *spoiler*.

Makes me wonder what the finale next week will be like.  And you know it's going to end on a cliffhanger to make us squirm for the next 6(?) months.

For next season, anyone else think they're going to bring in some interesting new blood?  Maybe combine with that other group to add some tension? Ah, the possibilities.

Like the graphic novels: you never know who/when a character's going to die? That's just one of the elements that make this show so great. Keeps you guessing?? And just when you think some one is safe. "Ka-Pow!"

At least we had more than one or two "walkers" in this latest episode!  Holy crap, I'd gotten a little bit of a spoiler on the Shane thing (unintentionally) a while back, but when it actually went down, it still packed a wallop.

I have a love/hate kind of anticipation coming for the finale.  I can't wait to see what happens, but don't want it to end. big_smile

Last edited by LivingDeadDoll (2012-03-13 17:10:22)

^ ^ Speaking of spoilers. On my second to last post I put in a spoiler and forgot to add " Spoiler Alert "

Many thanks to ChainSaw for reminding me.

My apologies! Won't happen again!!

SPOILERS (left click and drag below to read):

They did it.  The one thing I was hoping they wouldn't do.  They killed off Shane.  My favorite character on the show, because he was the most flawed and conflicted.  I knew he died early on in the original comics, but appreciated how the show's makers were kind of doing their own thing, separate from the comics.  In the comics, Shane is killed by Carl when Shane tries to kill Rick.  Carl shoots him through the neck.  And they did pay homage to that in the show, with Carl killing zombie-Shane.

But the fact remains that a huge part of the drama on the show is now gone.  I've long said the show needs the kind of conflict like that between Rick and Shane to keep the more dramatic elements of the show to continue, and now I'm wondering where they're going to go from here.  From a writer's standpoint I think they shouldn't just consider Shane's death the end of that particular story arch; I think starting with the new season we need to see the long term affects of Rick's hand in the killing of a man who, while he may have been jealous and covetous of Rick's wife, was nevertheless Rick's partner, right-hand man and best friend.  Just because Shane is dead shouldn't mean his story is over.

END SPOILERS

That said, I'm anxious to see what happens next week.  Obviously, as the teaser showed, a horde descends upon the farm so it's going to be time to pack it up and move on to a new location.  And I'm sure we'll probably lose a couple more major characters (I'm guessing T-Dog and Carol, or maybe Hershell and his family).

Regardless of what happens, I'm in it for the long haul with this show.  While they've done things and killed off characters I prefer they wouldn't, they've yet to make anything like that feel forced or tacked on just for shock value.  The changes in cast and characters feel honest, as though a lot of thought have gone into them.  Even with the character mentioned in my spoiler, as much as I hate to see said person go, it makes sense and doesn't feel dishonest or like a cheap tactic.  I'm going to miss that character a lot; it's going to be tough filling their shoes.

Frankly I am surprised they stayed at the Farm for as long as they have.  I am so ready for them to move to the next area.  I have read the comics, so I have an idea where they are going but we'll see if they follow that storyline.  I know there are lots more controversial characters to come , so I don't mind you know who dying.  I think next season will be more action packed smile

DG;  "I have an idea where they are going but we'll see if they follow that storyline."

I've read the graphic novels several times, and if it's where I'm thinking/hoping? It's gonna be action packed, to say the least.

Great episode.
We all know that in season 3 they're going to end up at a prison (They've cast the governor so it's not exactly a spoiler).
Not having read the comics I don't know how or why that happens.

The Govenor is going more evil than anyone yet!  can't wait!

Shane deserved a better send off than that and i'm really beginning to dislike Rick's wife, she has caused a lot of bother. hope she gets killed off next week but i don't suppose they dare.

^
See, I kinda thought he got off easy, funny thing about this show is how it splits the audiance. Seems half sided with Shane an the other half agreed with Ricks choices. I couldn't disagree with everything Shane said or did in every situation but ultimately he was a foul person and was growing increasingly looney. Someone was gonna have to deal with him sooner or later.

wolfman1959 wrote:

i'm really beginning to dislike Rick's wife, she has caused a lot of bother.

I am so tired of her too!

http://www.rockpapercynic.com/strips/2012-03-12.jpg

hahaha   you beat me to it smile

ChainSaW80 wrote:

^
See, I kinda thought he got off easy, funny thing about this show is how it splits the audiance. Seems half sided with Shane an the other half agreed with Ricks choices. I couldn't disagree with everything Shane said or did in every situation but ultimately he was a foul person and was growing increasingly looney. Someone was gonna have to deal with him sooner or later.

that's the point, rick's wife pushed him further over the edge by going and speaking to him as if she wanted Rick & Shane to fight over her and telling him she wasn't sure who's baby it was after before telling him outright that the baby was Rick's. i like the shane and Rick characters and both were good in their way. rick had no option but to off Shane in the end and i now think there will problems between Rick and his wife, i think he will begin to doubt her and she will be upset that he killed Shane. i would not be sorry if she got killed off next week in the finale but they won't dare do that as she is pregnant. i hope Herschel survives and joins the group, he would be a replacement for Dale and i think Scott Wilson is a good actor but i have a feeling he will be killed off.

DirtyGirl wrote:
wolfman1959 wrote:

i'm really beginning to dislike Rick's wife, she has caused a lot of bother.

I am so tired of her too!

great minds think alike smile xx