Topic: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, ROUND 18

Sorry for the tardiness but it's finally time for DHMW Round 18.  We have us a couple of certifiable anti-heroes this time round, as...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Jigsaw.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/VS.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/JohnDoe.jpg

Two highly intelligent and devious psychopaths made more dangerous because of their zealotous beliefs in their respective causes.  Who wins?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before voting, please remember THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is deadlier.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE POINTS

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE POINT.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, ROUND 18

Nice match-up, Lon. Both these characters are stone cold, calculating, cunning, devious, and insanely smart killers.

I am going to go with John Doe.  First of all, he is insane and will stop at nothing to see his beliefs carried out, including turning himself in to the police.  Second, he is healthy and does not have a terminal illness like his opponent.  And lastly, he has time on his hands.  Instead of spending all of his time and energy dreaming up and building impossibly elaborate contraptions to kill his victims, he lets them kill themselves with their own vices.

* Bump*

I'm going with, John Doe in this match.

Why? Because he's cool.

^ Joking of course...

I think John wins because he's able to track down, Jigsaw, who's not as mobile as, John.  John would be able to find where J S is in a heartbeat. Thus taking him out. Also, John is wayyy too smart to be tricked, or manipulated into any of Jiggy's traps. And the 10' blade ain't gonna do ol' broken down J S any good because of his health condition.

*bump*

Reminder: about ten hours left to get your votes in, folks. smile

Damn, I've actually never seen Seven...

^ Maybe do some research on the character John Doe, and go from there?

PS: What?? Never seen Seven? Great movie, creature. You need to see it!

*And when you vote/summarize, your also eligible to enter the contest for 3 the DVD's I'm giving away.

Hot diggity dog...

Last edited by Underdog (2012-03-18 13:38:06)

Jigsaw works by setting his victims into devices or places that are difficult to get out of after drugging them.  John forced most of his victims to inflict damage upon themselves.  Jigsaw also had helpers.  Even if Jigsaw could whip up a few mini-devices, John would be smart enough to figure them out.  Then he would overpower Jiggity.

Winner- John Doe

I'm going to be away from my PC tonight so I'm going to go ahead and post the results an hour early, so I can then post this week's round.

And so, the results:

Jigsaw: 0 Votes
Total pts: 0

John Doe: 3 Votes
Justified Votes: 3 x 5 pts each = 15 pts
Total pts: 15

Winner: JOHN DOE

If there's any change in the next hour, I'll be sure to edit the results when I come back.  Be sure to look out for Round 19, which will be up directly. smile