Topic: Sleep Paralysis

Does anybody suffer from this?

The last experience I had was a few days ago when I could hear somebody snoring in my bed next to me though I couldn't move any part of my body  and it's all pitch black (May not sound entirely scary but when you think it's real it's horrible)

What was your last experience?

Re: Sleep Paralysis

I do. My last experience was a few years ago. My girlfriend at the time and I were sleeping in bed and I heard the door creak open and it looked like someone walked in and just stood at the foot of the bed.

Not in real life, but the weird thing is once or twice I've dreamed that I had sleep paralysis.

I've had sleep paralysis since I was about 14 or so. It's definitely a frightening thing when it happens, though I'm lucky because mine don't have any creepy hallucinations to accompany them.

Last experience was simply being in bed and not being able to move or being able to breathe. Or at least, under sleep paralysis, breathing is very hard to control. For me, if feels like I'm trying to breathe through a straw. And this goes on anywhere from 5 to 10, 15, or at the most 20 seconds. They used to go on longer, and happen more frequently, but it's gotten a bit better over the years. Now I probably have them only once every few months.

The only sleep-related problem I have is not getting enough of it.  Not by choice; I've rarely slept more than five or six hours a pop as far back as I can remember.  Sleep paralysis?  I wish.  I could use the rest!

azathoth wrote:

Not in real life, but the weird thing is once or twice I've dreamed that I had Fabio and Tom Jones in the sack, at the same time. I woke with not exactly paralysis, more like exhaustion.

hmm. that's all I am saying hmm

The Creature wrote:

I've had sleep paralysis since I was about 14 or so. It's definitely a frightening thing when it happens, though I'm lucky because mine don't have any creepy hallucinations to accompany them.

Last experience was simply being in bed and not being able to move or being able to breathe. Or at least, under sleep paralysis, breathing is very hard to control. For me, if feels like I'm trying to breathe through a straw. And this goes on anywhere from 5 to 10, 15, or at the most 20 seconds. They used to go on longer, and happen more frequently, but it's gotten a bit better over the years. Now I probably have them only once every few months.

It's funny you say that as mythology suggests that an incubis (Male demon) or an sucubis (female demon) sits on top of the the chest of said person during sleep paralysis to attempt to have sexual intercourse to bare a child., which would result in death for the human.

Shogun wrote:
The Creature wrote:

It's funny you say that as mythology suggests that an incubis (Male demon) or an sucubis (female demon) sits on top of the the chest of said person during sleep paralysis to attempt to have sexual intercourse to bare a child., which would result in death for the human.

Yep, that's right. I believe there were lots of cultures who believed that sleeping paralysis was the fault of demons holding you down and so forth. It's a creepy thought, isn't it?

Also, it's much easier for sleeping paralysis to occur while sleeping on your back...it doesn't happen half as often when you're on your side or on your stomach (based on what I've experienced/read).

I never sleep on my back but still get it, God knows why. I can't even relate to any of the listed causes.

That is weird. I've had it while sleeping on the side or the stomach too, but never as much as when I'm on my back. I hope the S.P. tampers off for you a bit Shogun, it sucks!!

SP can lead to astral projection if you can learn to control your fear of SP.

I've just had it twice in my life. The most scariest one, i felt that my head was half size of what it is, and i saw everthing from bed as if i saw through a fisheye lens.