Topic: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, ROUND 19

This week's contestants:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/JohnRyder.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/VS.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/RustyNail.jpg

Rutger Hauer's psychotic hitchhiker takes on the Ted Levine-voiced maniac truck driver.  This should be one hell of a ride...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before voting, please remember THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is deadlier.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE POINTS

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE POINT.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior, ROUND 19

ahhh....haven't seen joyride yet.   I will have to watch it first smile

Part 1)  " Breaker...breaker...this is, Rusty Nail. Anyone out there?"  " 10-4 Rusty, this is Peyote Pete. What can I do for ya, good buddy?"  " Hey there Peyote Pete.  I'm on Interstate 80, West bound,  n' am just out side of Rawlings, WY, and in bad need of some shut eye.  Any motels you could recommend, ..out?"  " Can't say I do.  I'm from the East coast and not familiar with the area.  Ya may wanna just pull over at a rest stop and catch a few Z's. Save yourself some o' that hard earned dough o' yours,...out?"   " 10-4...Preciate the advice, Peyote.  Think I'll take your recommendation,...out."

Rusty turns up his radio and begins singing to, Willie Nelson's "On the road again,"  He rolls down a window, lights a cigarette, and takes a large gulp of his stale, black coffee.  He can feel the tiredness in his sinking eye lids. He's hasn't had any sleep for a good 36 hours.  Just after a tune by Johnny Cash begins to fade, Rusty spots a sign on the road that reads " Rest Stop 3 miles. exit 73."  Rusty tosses his bitter coffee out the window, rolls his window back up, and turns the radio off.  A thought occurs to Rusty.  " That damn kid who got away has most likely spoken to the police already?  I've been lucky to elude the police, so far, but they're no dummies.  I still needs to put a lot more miles between myself and the law.  The highways are pretty empty, cept for a handful of late nite truckers.  If the police have a description of this truck?  I can easily be spotted. On the other hand; if I keeps driving, I may damn well fall asleep at the wheel.  Frigging kid.  Should-a cut his throat when I had the chance!!"  Exit 73, 1/2 mile, reads the sign.  Rusty gathers his thoughts, and takes the exit.  " It's nearly 3:30 AM. I'll make do with 2-3 hours a sleep, just till the sun comes up and there's more traffic.  Then hit the road again."   Rusty pulls in. The rest stop is about as barren as the state itself.  There are no other semis in the lot,  only a Volkswagen parked just on the other side of the parking area.  Rusty, gets out of his truck to take a leak  Even in the month of May, there's still a frosty chill in the air, and a strong wind blowing. Rusty secures his ball cap and lights another Pall Mall. 

Ready for sleep, Rusty makes his way back to his truck.  A sudden gust of wind blows his cap off.  Rusty takes off after it.  " Friggin Wyoming wind. Why anyone would want to live in this cold, desolate state is beyond me?  Can hardly wait to get outta this hell hole of a state!"  Stepping on his escaped cap, Rusty bends down to retrieve it.  A shadowy figure beats him to it. A tall blonde man, cloaked in a trench coat, instead picks up his cap.  " This yours?"  Rusty does not reply.  Instead he just reaches out his arm.  The blonde figure hands Rusty his cap.  " That your rig?"  I'm headed to Nevada. My car broke down a few miles back.  I ain't got the means, nor the money to fix it.  I'm headed to see my sister's in Elko.  Lost my job...l was laid off.  Heard there's work there.  Sure could use a lift, pal...if your headed in that direction?"  Rusty looks the stranger in the eyes.   "Yea, sure.  I could use the company.  Long as you can pay your way for meals."   "I still have a few dollars to my name.  Nuff to feed my face till we hit Nevada.  I ain't much for talking though.  Name's, John... John Ryder."  Rusty shakes hands and tells the stranger he's welcome to sleep in the passenger seat.  " I'll need to get a few hours sleep first, before we hit the highway, says Rusty."  " I'm a bit tired myself.  Much thanks!  Rusty proceeds to his semi.  John follows.  Rusty tells the stranger to climb in.  Rusty heads to the back of the cab of his truck, where a make shift bed awaits.  John, thanks Rusty for his kindness.  Before long both are sound asleep...

To be continued...

Last edited by Underdog (2012-03-24 11:00:12)

Bump.

One more day to get your votes in, so hop to it my little rabbits.

Ahh shit, thanks for reminding me.  I always slack when I have to do research (here it's Joyride).

Can we get a lopsided match up here lol...man!

I have seen both of these films, but its been awhile for both of them. The Hitcher sticks out more in my mind than joy ride though. Both of these guys are crazy as a shit house rat and they are both similar in their style. Rusty has a slight size advantage it seems but I think John is a little more cunning. Man, this is tough. The better movie here is hands down The Hitcher, but in the end John ultimately meats his match, Rusty plays it safe and comes out on top in Joy Ride and will do the same here I believe. Winner: Rusty Nail.

Good match up yet again, Lon.

If more people don't start voting for Lon's contest, this guy

<---------

is going to start taking off your kneecaps with that pointy thing he's holding.  (He likes to play an authentic version of shuffleboard)

[Senior Editor's Note- We here at HM in no way condone nor advocate violence in any way, shape, or form.  But we do find monkeys funny, so it's a crapshoot.]

Just give the guy some love!  He doesn't even have a pet koala!

Last edited by azathoth (2012-03-24 15:41:27)

azathoth wrote:

If more people don't start voting for Lon's contest, this guy

<---------

is going to start taking off your kneecaps with that pointy thing he's holding.  (He likes to play an authentic version of shuffleboard)

[Senior Editor's Note- We here at HM in no way condone nor advocate violence in any way, shape, or form.  But we do find monkeys funny, so it's a crapshoot.]

Just give the guy some love!  He doesn't even have a pet koala!

And, if that's not enuf to motivate you.  Just by voting, you have a chance at winning 3 cool horror DVD's.

So, get your butts in gear ya'll.

^^
With the positioning of the quote, DoggyDo, (at least for me) the pointy knee-capper is your nose!  lol

On this one, I'm going to have to go on cunning.  Neither is a superman nor supernatural.  Ryder just seems to have the edge in being devious.  I know it's not a thorough breakdown, but I give the win to-

Ryder

edit- and it looks like we currently have a tie, so get your votes and/or justifications in!   Or you'll know who let the Dog out (hint- his wife).

Last edited by azathoth (2012-03-24 17:46:03)

Part 2)      " You stupid fuckin kids think you can just mess with folks' minds? You think it's all fun n games don't ya.  You lil bastards are gonna pay, and this time it's gonna cost you your lives!...   

Hey man... Rusty, wake up. Your dreaming. Wake up!  "Huh, whut...oh, hey. What time is it?" Not sure? You ok.? You were talking in your sleep. You sounded pretty mad.  " Really! Hmmm..  Dreams can be pretty crazy, and ya never know what's gonna go on in em? Anyway, you drink coffee?"  Ya, hot and black, like my women (lol)  "Buckle up, n lets hit the road then." 

( At a cafe truck stop having coffee)  " Waitress, can I get a refill on my coffee, and two to go?  Hey John, mind if I ask you something?"  Ya sure.  " I wasn't the only one talking in my sleep last night. I woke up last night to have a smoke and you were muttering something in your sleep. Sounded like you were saying that you were gonna kill someone??"  Really? I don't remember my dreams, never have. What all did you hear Rusty?  " Was kinda hard to understand. Most of it was gibberish. But, one thing that you did clearly say was " How does it feel to die? To feel your life taken by a total stranger? A stranger you should have never taken off on. I just wanted a fucking ride is all.? Than you started laughing hysterically. And all the time, your hands were positioned as if you were strangling someone.  At least that's what it sounded like you were saying, and doing?? I could be wrong, ya know?  As I said earlier " Dreams can be pretty crazy."  Anyway, finish up your coffee an let's get back on the road. "Mind grabbing the tip? And I'll pay for the coffee. I gotta take a leak before we take off. I'll meet you at the truck."  Sure thing Rusty. Meet you back at the truck.

To be continued...

Last edited by Underdog (2012-03-24 19:38:00)

Part 3)    John walk through the vast parking lot of the truck stop parking lot looking for, Rusty's semi. There are at least 30 other semis in the lot, none that resemble Rusty's, that he can see. After combing the lot with no luck, John walks back to the cafe, hoping that Rusty is parked in front, waiting for him. As he rounds the corner something afar catches his eye. He spots a truck on the highway going West bound, and it looks a lot like Rusty's. Thinking he's mistaken, John walks back to the parking lot to give another look for the semi. Again, no luck!

" Friggen weirdo liar. Who does he think he's kidding? Not me!! I wasn't gonna tell the lying bastard that last night when he was asleep, I went through his wallet. And he ain't got a dime to his name. I ain't gonna pay for no free loader. Probably ain't the only thing he's lying about either.  Name's probably not John either? Don't matter no more. I gotta get my ass across this state line, think of a new plan. I hear Mexico's pretty nice this time a year. Yea, that's it...Mexico. " Rusty steps on the gas pedal, lights a Pall Mall, and smiles to himself,as he reads the sign saying [ Nevada State Line 102 miles]

twenty miles into Nevada, Rusty pulls into a road side truck stop to grab a few packs of cigs, a quick bite to eat, and take a leak. Then it's,.. Mexico here we come. The land of pretty senoritas and cheap cerveza. As Rusty walks up to the counter for his Pall Malls he glimpses a blonde haired figure, wearing a trench coat, in the window behind the counter. "Nah... couldn't be?...  Rusty takes his smokes and hurries out the door. Walking at a rapid pace, scanning left-to-right several times, and feeling a bit uneasy. " Nahh...there's no fucking way!! Couldn't be him!" Rusty jumps into his rig, lights a Pall Mall, taking a extra long, deep puff.  " Sooner I get to California the better! Then I'll be about home free.

Rusty smokes three cogs in a row. Something he doesn't do often. Last time he chain smoked was the day before he got released from the penitentiary, some ten years back. Turning on the radio to help calm his uneasiness, Rusty finds a local country-western station, playing some lost song, from a lesser and forgotten singer he doesn't even recognize. Rusty drops his Pall Mall on his seat and has to bend down to find it. Just as he find his cig. He hears a familiar voice from the back of his truck,  He looks back and sees nothing.  " Fucking mind must be playing tricks on me is all."  He turn his attention back to the road. " Rusty Nail... you shouldn't have left me behind..."  Rusty looks back again. This time he does see someone. John! Next thing Rusty sees is a long shiny blade, that slits his jugular.

Rusty is a brute, and a killer. John is a cunning, and a calculating killer. That's what separates these two. That's why, John remains alive, and why Rusty's rotting in hell.

Winner: John Ryder.

Voting is officially over.  The results:

John Ryder: 2 Votes (1 plus Undie's, for which he juuuuuust missed the deadline but I'm counting anyway)
Justified votes: 2 x 5 pts each = 10 pts
Total pts: 10

Rusty Nail: 1 vote
Justified votes: 1 x 5 pts each = 5 pts
Total pts: 5

Winner: JOHN RYDER

Thanks to all those who participated.  Round 20 will be up directly. smile