Topic: Bay F'ing up TMNT

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal … 41767.html

He kindda missed the whole point.

Re: Bay F'ing up TMNT

Why doesn't he just change the turtles to Frogs and make it a Battletoads movie? And I don't think Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles sounds as appealing. I'm too angry to write anymore.

Since when does Bay NOT fuck up anything?  I'd be more surprised if anyone was surprised by this news. 

I still want to fly out to LA, kick him in the shins and come home.  I'd have done it when I was there this past summer but I was working the whole time.  He be better hope I don't have free time THIS July.  Grrrr

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_30-sk8zaaQM/TKNAMgJLl5I/AAAAAAAAEzY/ZaGY7OvH44g/s1600/disapprovingowl.jpg

He can't mess it up, we have the original movies, tv show and comics that will forever be awesome.  Anything else is whatever, hit or miss.

I read this and i got pissed off, Bay has no clue what he is doing

Bay sure is "alienating" the older (and most important lol ) fan-base of the TMNT franchise. BA-DUM BUMP!!!!!!

Bay would fuck up a wet dream.  The only decent flick he ever made was Bad Boys, but that had more to do with Martin Lawrence and Will Smith than anything Bay himself did.

Ah, well.  There's not a rule saying I'll have to watch it, so...I won't. big_smile

Wonder why he thinks they should be aliens rather than mutant, turtles...

Because he's Michael Fucking Bay and he's super fucking stupid.  big_smile

Machete hit it with battle toad, lol

I can deal with "say horror" but when  the bot says "give your dog a rim job" seems a bit out of line. my dogs been dead two years.

dead dog rimjob?  Sounds like horror to me!  big_smile

After reading the article what stuck with me most is "The turtles are from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny, and completely loveable."

with the exception of Armageddon (barely and only cause it was so over the top silly like a B movie) i cant stand ANY bay film. 

i was a huge fan of the comics before they became too mainstream (remember the monotone color ones?) and even the first movie was ok enough to enjoy, even if i disliked the pizza throwing version of TMNT that was so popular at the time.

but my question is, will the turtles drive the car as they head down the highway dodging exploding cars? or will he use the jet comes chasing them blowing everything to hell gimmick?

to borrow from Jay and Silent Bob...fuck michael bay, fuck him in his stupid asses.

Last edited by survivalist (2012-03-27 04:26:31)

^^^ I was a TMNT comic fan too back before they became a cash-cow franchise.  Remember the Adolescent Radioactive Blackbelt Hamsters comics?  They were a satire on the TMNTs but I dug those, too.

Yeah ^ a lot of People don’t remember the original was a real semi edgy comic for teens to adults, The tv show toys and comic that came later were spin offs meant for a young audience captivated by the novelty of the title/name: TMNT. I was at a middle (not quite tween) age and enjoyed and loved both versions.

LoudLon wrote:

Remember the Adolescent Radioactive Blackbelt Hamsters comics?

Not only do i remember them, i still have them. in 3D, and Clint: hamster triumphant (a dark knight spoof).
Clint was always my favorite (im sure part of it was the mohawk and cyclops style visor ).

dammit now i want to go read those and my other old indie comics.

Last edited by survivalist (2012-03-27 14:58:43)

So the title now is just 'Ninja Turtles'. Why? Well, why not since they are no longer Teenagers or Mutants...you know, the two main things that made them relate-able to anyone who grew up in the 80's and 90's. They weren't just cool characters. The Turtles themselves represented a whole pop culture, both making a satire of it and embodying it. They represented a whole generation of kids who grew up and were weird, geeky, nerdy, hell even kind of dicks, but showed that you could band together and over come something, that you weren't always alone. This is just like Bay. Missing the point on a philosophical level and seeing what a college frat boy can: Ninjas are cool. I guess we can all look forward to seeing April O'Neil at a young age, wearing a shirt exposing her stomach as sweat drips off it while she works on the Turtle van's engine. Oh wait, Vans aren't cool. I'm sure it will be changed to some sort of sports car since, that's something we can all relate to. I swear, the dude is overcompensating or way too much shit. That's my rant. Thanks for listening.

survivalist wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

Remember the Adolescent Radioactive Blackbelt Hamsters comics?

Not only do i remember them, i still have them. in 3D, and Clint: hamster triumphant (a dark knight spoof).
Clint was always my favorite (im sure part of it was the mohawk and cyclops style visor ).

dammit now i want to go read those and my other old indie comics.

The 3D issue was my favorite, and like you, Clint was my favorite hamster as well.  Man, I used to have all of them but they were left in Ohio when my family moved from there to Indiana while I was in the service, along with pretty much everything else I'd collected up to the age of 18. hmm

I've looked around for torrents but the only one I could find was a reboot of the series from '08 or so.  I'd kill to have the original series.  Well, okay, that's an overstatement; I wouldn't kill for it, but I would fuck a bitch up.

Well im selling off my collection, ill pm you, ill hire you as a mercenary then lol

^^^ Oof...yeah, the Lon's a bit short on the cabbage right now but thanks for thinking of me. lol

Actually I've been debating selling off my DVD collection but man, that'd be a lot of work...

^^
Ask Ace, he set up an Amazon marketplace account.  He said it wasn't too hard.

^^^ It's more about where I live than anything.  Almost fifteen miles to the nearest post office; if I had to ship out one order a day I'd lose most of my profit on gas alone.

I was actually thinking of doing the "lot" thing, like through ebay.  George Romero Lot, Italian Horror Lot, Superhero Movie Lot, that kind of thing.  But most folks don't tend to mass-purchase stuff like that; they nickel and dime you to death by ordering one or two at a time.  And when you're looking to sell in the neighborhood of 500 DVDs, that's a lot of trips over the hill, y'know?

No one mentions Nickelodeon owns the rights to TMNT and is putting out a new show that is ruining turtles as well. They added an extra toe to all the turtles and April is now a young girl and looks straight out of ben10 and not ninja turtles. Plus Don and Michelangelo getting their weapons changed.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/03/0 … on-images/

moviebuff1989 wrote:

The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 1 Leaked, Watch Now -- walkingdeadseason3.blog.com

I have reported you, Az has reported you. bye bye numbskull.