Topic: Devour the Podcast Unofficial/Official Thread (now featuring Maven)

Greetings Horror-Movies.ca folk,

I'm currently on the search for a co-host for my podcast "Devour the Podcast".

I've outlined the info here: http://devourtheblog.wordpress.com/2012 … e-podcast/

so if you are interested, feel free to contact me

Last edited by DavidDellamorte (2012-04-07 14:44:13)

Re: Devour the Podcast Unofficial/Official Thread (now featuring Maven)

Hey!

I am always down to do a podcast gig.  I've done several in the past.  I was a host on the Fear the Dead Radio for a while until my own site The Last Blog on the Left started doing one.  Several members here have heard the show.  I've done interviews, news, and general horror talk.  I can give you samples if you wish to hear some.

As for horror credentials, I've done written reviews, interviews and editorials for the past seven years.  I am currently the CEO of The Chainsaw Mafia, the Director of Marketing for Viscera Film Festivals, and the Editor here at HM as well as a filmmaker.  I was also head writer at Last Blog and I have done numerous guest writing spots here and there over the years.

Last edited by moviemaven (2012-03-29 00:37:45)

I think I'm following Chainsaw Mafia on twitter now that I think about it lol. Yes, do send along a demo (any previously recorded work will do fine, and please make sure to identify yourself) and I will take a listen to it when I have a free second (I'm a bit drunk at the moment so clear thinking isn't my strong suit)

I'd certainly make the time.  the lady knows her shit and is funny as hell and thought provoking to boot.   any show without her suffers.   fanboy, sorry  wink

Awww thanks, DH.  You're a sweetie.  smile  Now I just have to dig up a sample.  lol  I'm gonna get on that now.

Well, I've already emailed her back about sending along a demo, and I'll certainly look into it when I'm not drunk (as I am currently). I was sorta hoping to find a female co-host for the show, so many horror podcasts are male dominated and even though I try to bring a feminist edge to my show it's not easy finding female horror fans who are willing to host a show (or female horror fans period sometimes)

moviemaven wrote:

Awww thanks, DH.  You're a sweetie.  smile  Now I just have to dig up a sample.  lol  I'm gonna get on that now.

well after you get on it, then I'll even help you get that sample  wink

And I've been peripherally aware of the Viscera film festival since....oh 2008 (I think?) when I was working for horrornews.net and then I think there were fliers or something at the "Nightmare to Remember Festival 2" that I attended around that time (may have been Chainsaw Mafia postcards or something, I don't recall exactly, I blame booze)

None the less, excited to hear the demo and excited at the prospects of where this could take my little show

I'm digging up a demo right now.  lol  It's been ages. 

I'm glad to hear you are aware of what I do.  smile   Viscera is extremely important to me.  And I'm certain, whether we end up working together or not, that Shannon Lark would be delighted to do an interview for your show if you'd like.  She's amazing and a lot of fun to interview.

And Mavie has a good voice, too.  She'd be an asset to the show.

Jamie is great, listened to many of her last house podcast's ( even mentioned me and my two wolverines once bless her cotton socks!) she is a great lady. loves her films, knows her films, is experienced and is very entertaining and always keeps you interested. also a fan boy but she's the best, the woman is a goddess! xxxxxxxxxxx

Well once I get the demo we'll hash out a time to get together on skype to chat/record a demo show (or real show, whatever).

I've been thinking about doing interviews on the show (and I've got at least one person I know for sure has said they will come on) but I've been so behind recently on just getting the show recorded/edited, then there's the problem of getting in contact with people etc (It's so much harder to get interviews when you're running a solo blog/podcast instead of being part of a 'Larger' website)

azathoth wrote:

And Mavie has a good voice, too.  She'd be an asset to the show.

Yeah, she has a great voice, a dirty laugh and great assets!  she is an asset to anything! xxxxx

LMAO Thanks, guys.  You wanna be my PR team?  smile

I can also help with guests.  On Last Blog it was just Bo and me but we did all right.  We never had a problem finding guests.  People love to talk about themselves.  HA!

Yeah I'm never sure who to approach for interviews (or how to get a hold of some people honestly) but I know that Victor Miller has said in the past he'd be willing to do an interview (for my last podcast, figure he'll still be up for it)

Also, if you have a link to a previous podcast, shoot that over and I'll check it out (if it's still online of course)

Last edited by DavidDellamorte (2012-03-29 15:40:37)

Nice.  big_smile  I'd be all over that one.  I promise you'll get a demo.  I work from 8-5 at the stupid day job.  I'll get it to you when I get home tonight.

PR team?  Me & Wolfster are the ATF (A-Team, Furry division)!

azathoth wrote:

PR team?  Me & Wolfster are the ATF (A-Team, Furry division)!

yup.

I will reveal nothing at this time, however I do believe episode 9 will be one to look out for......

^^
We get to hear about this?
http://www.sensitiveskinmagazine.com/wp-content/images/interposts/godzilla.jpg

I'm hearing "Dance Dance Baby" in the background...

Last edited by azathoth (2012-04-02 00:44:55)

http://devourthepodcast.blogspot.com/20 … -just.html

Blam! There ya go. I suggest you subscribe via Itunes (search Devour the Podcast) so you don't have to hunt episodes down

Last edited by DavidDellamorte (2012-04-07 14:34:31)

As promised,  the new episode is unleashed, featuring the very funny and incredibly awesome Maven as my new co-host.

This episode also features 2 brand new sound clips I created, and I still need to update the contact info soundclip at the very end with Maven's info

three words: Y  A  Y  smile

DavidDellamorte wrote:

http://devourthepodcast.blogspot.com/20 … -just.html

Blam! There ya go. I suggest you subscribe via Itunes (search Devour the Podcast) so you don't have to hunt episodes down

Ooh, I can't wait! Once I'm back home (at my Aunt's house right now with screaming kids), I'll gladly give this a listen.

Hope you enjoy it.  I've actually done something I very very rarely do, and have loaded up the newest episode onto my Ipod to listen to on the trip to my friends place, not for any vanity reasons (almost 5 years of podcasting and I still can't get used to hearing myself talk) but more so I can see how it sounds/flows and make notes of what I need to fix for the next episode.