Re: Cap Howdy's Big British Zombie Survival Shopping List

No, don't spoil it for us Lon smile

You would be a mixture of Norman Reedus and Machete  smile

Last edited by DirtyGirl (2012-03-29 16:07:46)

Oh man.  Norman Reedus....YUM!  I always liked him from Boondock but since TWD, he makes me HURT when he wields that crossbow.  HOT!

Do you want to share my Lon crush, DG?  It's been ongoing for years.  I don't mind sharing with you.  big_smile

moviemaven wrote:

Do you want to share my Lon crush, DG?  It's been ongoing for years.  I don't mind sharing with you.  big_smile

What I cant get in on this, I have been in love since he pm'ed me the pic of himself in assless chaps.

Well maybe.  What will you do for me?

^ for you:
http://www.listal.com/viewimage/2269177

Bwahahaha!  The scariest thing is how quickly you came up with that.  You're sharing your spank bank with me? How sweet.

moviemaven wrote:

Oh man.  Norman Reedus....YUM!  I always liked him from Boondock but since TWD, he makes me HURT when he wields that crossbow.  HOT!

Definitely we can share... I've had my own Lon Crush for a while now  smile

twistedsista wrote:

For someone of my size, the short utility bar would be perfect.

I'd love to get my hands on a cross-bow, but it would probably end in tears.....i should just leave that to people with more experience. lol

I think we could do some damage with cross bows but not necessarily to the zombies lol. I think we should be allowed nail guns smile

moviemaven wrote:

You're sharing your spank bank with me? How sweet.

anytime smile

@Lon- the reason there were no firearms in the original post was because Cappy was doing the British thing (no firearms).

Like the (brass) knuckles idea-
http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/229880530/Brass_Knuckle_Spiked_Silver.jpg

swollenguy wrote:
moviemaven wrote:

What I cant get in on this, I have been in love since he pm'ed me the pic of himself in assless chaps.

It really is out of his control, you know.  It's not his fault that I have an ass that stubbornly disregards direct orders to quit.

Azzie -- yeah, Cap PMed me reiterating the difficulty of acquiring firearms in the UK.  I thought including the fact that they're easily available in Wal-Mart would squelch that, only to realize, durh, they probably don't have Wal-Marts in the UK LOL

And I remitted on the crossbow thing.  True, there's no guarantee you could retrieve every bolt fired, but as Cap said, it's easy to make new ones.  If you have a knife and a twig and the ability to whittle, you're pretty much set.

Cap Howdy wrote:

As mentioned in a previous thread we Brits are limited in our weapon choices if the dead rise.
So here's my pick of easily available and, best of all, legal weapons.

Its like you read my shopping list there Cap. but i would give thumbs down to the crossbow pistol, most are shit and break way too easily.

DirtyGirl wrote:

How to make Dinner with your chainsaw..
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/DirtyGirlMovies/chainsaw-1.jpg

THAT is a great trick DG, did you do it or just look it up? ive seen some great videos using that technique.

DirtyGirl wrote:

I think I would go with a Katana like Michonne in Walking Dead.  Slice and Dice baby!

Like Lon said a real katana can be heavy, even a durable imitation can tire you out. my other concern is reach and over extending yourself.  consider using a slightly smaller blade so if your coming down with a chop and miss, you`re not left bent over and vulnerable. something like a wakizashi, especially if you are carrying daisho (big-little paired swords).

and regarding bats, aluminum can dent if you really whack someone hard enough with it, i dont know about drilling nails into one like a wooden bat but a light aluminum is good in a pinch. 

and while you are looking the sporting goods store, dont forget arm and leg guards etc.

every little bit helps.

Last edited by survivalist (2012-03-29 20:45:15)

Actually a friend posted that picture on FB not to long ago...one of the the comments were "now I have to pack a chainsaw in my Canoe also?

^^
Upgrade to a titanium bat.  Good luck drilling into one of those, though.

im all for weapon upgrades. personally i want a sniper rifle and a grenade launcher....

jackalqueen wrote:
twistedsista wrote:

For someone of my size, the short utility bar would be perfect.

I'd love to get my hands on a cross-bow, but it would probably end in tears.....i should just leave that to people with more experience. lol

I think we could do some damage with cross bows but not necessarily to the zombies lol. I think we should be allowed nail guns smile

it would be all fun and games.....till someone lost an eye! lol

another thing that's is going to be as important as weapons would be communication.

a shortwave radio and a few fully charged spare laptop batteries would be handy.

^^
Portable solar power panels to charge rechargeable batteries.