Topic: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior ROUND 20

This week we have what I think would make for a particularly memorable match up as...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Jason.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/VS.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/ToxicAvenger.jpg

For the longest time I couldn't decide on who I was going to have Jason face off against.  At first I had him up against Mad Man Marz from the obscure slasher flick Mad Man, but the more I thought about it the less I felt he warranted an appearance with a horror hero of Jason's stature.  I racked my brain, I welcomed suggestions, but nothing seemed to click -- until, just this past Friday, I casually glanced at one of my DVD racks and my eyes fell upon my Toxic Avenger DVD.  "A-ha!" I said to no one (I live alone).  As it turns out, these two are the perfect opponents because they have so much in common:

1. Both were originally bullied momma's boys.
2. Both have lumpy bald heads with the odd and infrequent strand of hair.
3. Both have a left eye which sits lower than the right.
4. Both are hideously deformed creatures of superhuman size and strength.
5. Both have a penchant for creatively brutal bloodshed.
6. Both are driven to kill by impulses beyond their ability to control; in Jason's case he's eternally driven to punish those he feels responsible for his mother's death.  In Toxie's case, his Tromatons take over when evil is afoot.

Maybe I'm giving myself too much credit, but I think this is one of the more inspired match ups we've had thus far -- even though it wasn't so much inspired as accidental. lol

Let the body ripping commence!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before voting, please remember THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is deadlier.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE POINTS

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE POINT.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior ROUND 20

Lon, sometimes I worry about the amount of effort you put into your work.  I was getting worried that you would be saying their shoe sizes were the same towards the end.  lol

Nah, I get it, you love your Battles like I love my Movie Nights.  (Wonder if we could get El Cap to use his new 3D software to animate the Battles so we could have a Battle Movie Night?  He has a few thousand hours of free time, yes? big_smile )

It's the fanboy in me.  I do the same thing with comic book characters. lol

Don't feel bad.  I do a similar thing with spacecraft from sci-fi shows and games (Star Trek, Star Wars, Bab5, etc.).  Even found a nifty site that has scale sized craft next to each other. 

Yes, everyone, I'm a nerd of the 1st order.  Deal.  lol

*bump*

Toxie he's a hero and Jason always dies in the end.

I am going to go with Jason.  Yeah he always dies in the end, but he is always brought back to life in the next installment.  So no matter how much damage is inflicted upon him, you always know that he is going to be back for the next movie.

Jason may always be back for the next flick, but he always tends to loose the battle, which is why we have here. And if we were to go by movie history, good usually overcomes evil. Since Toxie is greater good here I think he comes out on top...broken mop handle through the eye socket and the axe to the head for good measure!

Winner: Toxic Avenenger

*Bump* again.  Two days to get your votes in, folks.

By the way, one of you fellows who posted didn't include a vote to go along with it.  As it stands it should be showing Toxie: 2, Jason:1. wink

Well since I am the only one who posted in favor or Jason thus far, I know I voted. wink

To be fair...Jason is actually always alive at the end.  He sometimes appears dead towards the end, but the last scene shows (or gives strong indication) that he's alive.

Jason has everything thrown at him.  Counselors, boxers, hot a$$ women with incredible upper bodies, psychic chicks, the infamous dream slayer himself, Deep space, Manhattan, various weapons...on and on.  Plus apparently he also keeps slaves (Ha!  Take that those that don't like the re-make.  big_smile).

Toxi Bo Boxi doesn't stand a chance.

Jason victorious.

LoudLon wrote:

*Bump* again.  Two days to get your votes in, folks.

By the way, one of you fellows who posted didn't include a vote to go along with it.  As it stands it should be showing Toxie: 2, Jason:1. wink

That was me...I took care of it! smile

One more day to vote.  Get 'em in!

I vote for Jason.  No matter what happens he always comes back.  He can wield any number of weapons, has no mercy, and can take a hit like nobody's business.  His foe may think he's down for the count but he always reappears (I'm looking at you, Freddy).

For me it has to be Jason. Despite his Mommy issues, the guy just never dies! He wields a ton of different weapons and has an insane pain tolerance and is somehow always alive at the end of the movie.

Plus, he has a cool mask. FTW.

Jason may be temporarily defeatable, but in the long run, he's always back for more.
Both are tough, durable monsters, but Toxie has only his hands. Jason has his hands AND a machete.
So, I vote Voorhees!

In a toe-to-toe match of, Good vs Evil; I'm taking Toxie as the eventual winner.

I'm thinking these two deformed lost souls, go at it for hours on end.  Jason having a axe, would appear to have the advantage over the broomstick of Toxie. Both punishing the other with lots of painful blows. Both nearly being out outta commission by the other numerous times, but eventually getting back up. In the end though I see Toxie out thinking & out muscling Jason in the end. Then shoving his broomstick through the ass end of Jason,  a'la a human shis-ka-bob. And, finally stomping Jason's head to a pulp. Just to be sure he's deader than a doornail.

Unfortunately for Toxie, death is just a temporary thing for Jason, and he can be brought back to life as easily as applying a damp rag.  It would be a good fight, but even if Toxie wins the first time, Jason comes back, and eventually Toxie will tire out.

Winner- Jason

Voting is officially over (sorry, running late today -- busy day).  The results:

Jason  Voorhees -- Total Votes: 6
Justified Votes: 6 x 5 pts each = 30 pts
Total pts: 30

Toxic Avenger -- Total Votes: 3
Justified Votes: 3 x 5 pts each = 15 pts
Total pts: 15

Winner: JASON VOORHEES.

Thanks to all who participated.  This being the end of the fifth month of weekly rounds, next up is the Fifth Monthly Finals, accompanied as always by an Exhibition Match, both of which will be up shortly. smile

Ummmm...

How do they both have 30 points?  Is this new math?  wink

Pffffft!  Like I said....long day. lol  Fixed it.

Okay good.  I was just concerned that perhaps I was missing some points that Toxie got.  lol

YAY for Jason!  Love that psycho.  HOT!

I^ cool your jets Paris LOL

I DEMAND a recount! tongue

LoudLon wrote:

Pffffft!  Like I said....long day. lol  Fixed it.

I'm surprised any of us are coherent.
When I saw the 'Movie Night #15- Twilight' thread (I had just woken up), I was thinking to myself "Was I really that damn tired?"  lol