Topic: Halloween is coming fast!

I was at Kroger today and saw that they had their Halloween decorations out. Which made me realize how quickly Halloween is coming. So after a little tresearch I found that the first haunted house of the year opens up in two weeks from today. I am very excited. It is in an old shopping center and features for different haunted houses under one roof. So it should be pretty cool.

Traditionally, every year I decorate my apartment on October first, and usually add stuff up until Halloween night. Then the week after Halloween I hit the stores and buy up clearance stuff for next year. Since I have moved out of my parents house 9 years ago I have not had any trick or treaters because of not living in neighborhoods. But it is still fun to decorate and get in the halloween mood. I am also lucky enough to have a girlfriend who supports my obsession as well.

I also try to hit at least two haunted houses every year. With my recent move to Atlanta this will be a lot easier. I would like to go to more, but it gets really expensive very quickly.

Do you all have any Halloween traditions?

Re: Halloween is coming fast!

Damn that sounds pretty cool Greg.

I like to start the "Halloween" tradition the second October hits.  Why?  I dont know, I just love halloween and its my favorite holiday mainly due to my obsession with horror films.  As soon as Sci-Fi's monsterfest airs I turn on my TV and watch watch watch, anybody know when it starts this year?  On the actual Halloween night, I invite some buddies over and we junk out on candy and horror movies from my collection and rentals considering my collection aint very big.  We do that for the whole night and fall asleep in our spots.  I love it.

All this talk about Halloween makes me soooo excited.  I cant wait.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-09-14 18:16:26)

Greg the first thing that comes to mind is are you going to email us some photos when your done so we can post them for the readers to see? smile I dont have a halloween tradition, perhaps I should start one.

Please do.

i have a halloween party but not this year cuz of a vaction so i might have some buddies come over and do the same shit everyone does

Halloween...since I have always loved "dressing up" for Halloween its always been my fave. When I was a young pup, I was always in a Halloween haunted house, the scene I was in was dark forest, I was a menacing bald evil looking guy with an axe, I had a live gal with no arms just bloody stumps, to chase around as she yelled for someone to help her. I even had a naked manniquin that was laying in the leaves that I could hit with a REAL mace. GREAT EFFECT, I could get the mace stuck in its chest and pull it up off the ground smile heh heh heh. When I was overseas, I got a group of crazies together and we put a haunted house on to raise money for the boyscouts to get an airconditioner (Australia) the Australians loved it, they would pay and go through it over and over, and we had it going for a week:) are you ready for this?? I met my husband in that haunted house MUHAHAHAHAHA...I was demon possessed (in bed had it set up with fake body and sat on a desk chair so my head could spin) got peoples names that were standing in line and talked to them and scared the shit out of them baaaad.....love it..well while I am hissing and spitting in the next room over I hear a guy begging people to come closer and be his freind in a pleading nice voice...slowly getting meaner I SAID STAYYYYY WITHHHH MEEEEEE NOWWWW!!!!!!...so at break just had to meet who that was and the rest is history...lol
they have a haunted forest here but no great haunted houses sad really..I might have to do something about that!!
We are invited to a Friday the 13th Halloween party, so I am going as a zombie very very dead very dead ....well you get the picture.
I love the acting and makeup and the comradeship of acting together, I did get best actress in high school  but alas wasn't playing a zombie...lol one day maybe...one day...
I collect pumpkin head dolls so it looks pretty much like Halloween around here all the time. Jack the Pumpkin King ROCKS:)

Ha thats great. Yea to be honest I love Halloween because finally everybody is welcome to my world. I mean I love all this stuff year round and finally people come to me for ideas and movies.. All that.

I really only have one tradition and that is to watch Mad Monster Party. Its something I have been doing every Halloween since I was really young. Actually thats the only time of the year I watch it.. Sometimes I also watch old VHS stuff that I taped from way back.. I don't know why but I always like watching old commercials and TV from way back. All the local commercials that are Halloween themed.. I enjoy the nostalgia of Halloween probably more than anything..

Sure, I would love to take some pictures.

Also, thats an awesome story deadshallrule. Meeting your husband at a haunted house is great.

I love halloween too, I watch Horror movies all year round but when halloween come around it's gets much worse it's like 24/7 around my house and luckily my wife puts up with it. Usually I have some family and friends over and we bar-b-que and hand out candy and every year I turn my front yard into a graveyard and every year it gets more and more crowded with dead animals, bodies, gravestones, and big bugs. This year should be sweet.

That sounds awesome Hard2Kill.  Yeah, I forgot to mention that of course I watch horror movies all year round but Halloween is like 24/7 literally.

Well for halloween we decorate the first week in October because thats how long it takes to decorate, then we go on our favorite haunted hayride we do it every year..then we have a halloween party the week before halloween and then on halloween night we give out candy..all though our decorating may take a little longer being my daughter is here now lol..this year is all for her though I'm passing up dressing this year because I can only afford a costume for her but its well worth it..shes gonna be a black kitty cat..

Halloween is coming soon!!!!!

It's about that time.....time to take a trip to Bachelors Grove and Resurrection Cemetery for some good fun

i havent actually dressed up for halloween in several years, but this year i will be and ill be going trick or treating with my gf and her family... she told me not to do something really scarry, because of her 6 year old little brother, but i really want to go all out this year cuz i havent done anything the last few years. my thoughts right now are either being a zombie (which is probably what ill do) or being freddy kruger, i found some prostetics last year to put on my face to actually meke me look like him, not just a mask. although, if i could find pinhead prostetics rather than a mask, id definately do that. i do always carve a pumpkin.

lol My aunt would do my makeup alot at Halloween, the kids I babysit for next door had no idea it was me under all that dead witch makeup, as they ran off screaming.
I always carve a pumpkin too:D
this year I think I want to go more basic dead like Carnaval Of Souls, white makeup with black around eyes and graveclothes..cheesecloth:P

Last edited by thedeadshallrule (2007-08-21 23:53:35)

Me Last year: I was a zombie groom. I ditched the Zombie Makeup cause i was just sweating it off and getting it in my alcohol!
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z133/jhaaksma314/cane.jpg

Me a Few Years Back in my homemade Stay-Puft Marshmallow man costume 
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z133/jhaaksma314/Picture030.jpg

I was Mr. Voorhees himself last year.  tongue

TiM the Zombie wrote:

I was Mr. Voorhees himself last year.  tongue

You weant as Jason's dad?  lol

Halloween used to mean something when i was like 10-12 years old but when i got to about 14 it just got pretty shitty, u just grow out of it really, it's really not that big here in the UK anyway, i always look 4ward to the films they put on though. I think halloween is more of an american thing, it would be good if it was the same over here though, the best thing is egging rich ppl's houses:D

LOL, love the pics, JMH.

My sister and I always dress as pop-culture personalities.  One year we were Ozzy and Kelly, another we were Jessica and Ashley Simpson, another, Jem and the Holograms.  We haven't figured out this year yet, it would seem to be obvious to pick dual trainwrecks, ie Britney and Paris, but I would feel too dirty.

stay-puff!!!! too kewl tongue