Topic: James Cameron to do Prometheus sequel!?

If Prometheus turns out to be as awesome as im hoping, I would be down for this.

http://m.deadline.com/2012/04/report-ja … rometheus/

Re: James Cameron to do Prometheus sequel!?

Naw, I would prefer that he do a sequel to his Fern Gully movie. tongue

I am NOT a Cameron fan.  I'm pissed to this day about Aliens, fucking HATE Titanic and had no desire to see Avatar.

It takes more than fancy special FX to impress me, Mr. Cameron.  And you just don't have it.

The article has been updated, and it appears that the story of him doing a sequel is a hoax.  But you still have cringe at the arrogant tone of his quote, “There’s a gap of a few years between Prometheus and the original Alien,” Cameron told The Guardian. “That gap is meant for me to answer all the questions raised in Prometheus.”

moviemaven wrote:

I am NOT a Cameron fan.  I'm pissed to this day about Aliens, fucking HATE Titanic and had no desire to see Avatar.

It takes more than fancy special FX to impress me, Mr. Cameron.  And you just don't have it.

You're talking in riddles, here.  Please clarify: how do you feel about James Cameron?

I heard Titanic is now being shown in 3D. I wonder if they'll see the iceberg now?

I wouldn't mind seeing Dicaprio die in 3D.  Moreso, I wouldn't mind seeing Kate Winslet's boobs coming right at me.

<--- likes me some Kate Winslet boobs.

moviemaven wrote:

Hater

Damn skippy.  And I am not ashamed.

I have a buddy who HATES Ron Perelman. I laugh at him and once I asked him "why do you hate him?" And he shrugged his shoulders. My wife HATES Juliet Lewis, when I asked her why she has no good reason either. Not to say you don't have a reason to dislike Cameron, but I find other funny that people hate someone and don't have a good reason why. Although, to loathe someone because you are not a fan is kinda silly. James Cameron, I will be the first to admit never did anything amazingly creative behind the camera as far as being creative choosing his shots or photography in general. Still, his movies are excellent and he does have a creative mind, he is a great writer. You mentioned elsewhere that Aliens turned its back on horror and while I agree Alien was mostly a horror movie it also has plenty of sci-fi elements to it also. Now put Aliens in the hands of a director that's roots lie in sci-fi since he wrote and directed The Terminator, then sure, its to be expected than Aliens leans more to the sci-fi side than horror, but I believe (and I know you may argue this) that Aliens still has some horror elements to it.

As a history fan, I loved Titanic (not afraid to admit it)but and even seen it in the theaters. If you don't like a cheesy,  sappy love story then its probably not for you but there was also enough destruction and disaster to appease the action fan in me and (though I wouldn't have admited it at 16 years old) I even think the story is touching and one of the best love stories I have ever seen. Avatar was another well written, epic story that is quite easy to see says a lot about our society today and I personally enjoyed it, 3-D and all.

You also made a comment that it takes more than ahorror big budget special effects to please you. Now, I love independent movies, especially within the horror genre. But given the chance I think many of these independent filmmakers would jump at the chance to make a film with a bigger budget. Just because a film has a big budget and big budget effects don't make it a bad film IMO. Yeah, T2 and Avatar and The Abyss have a lot of special effects and bigger budgets but they are still good films. Seems to me JC was once an indie screenplay writer and filmmaker at one time as well, just because he made something of himself and is now one of the biggest directors out there now is no reason to hate the guy.

And I know you hate Aliens, and you have your reasons and I don't expect to change your mind. But even though you hate it and in your mind have good reason to, doesn't mean its a bad movie, its not, its a good movie, as far as sequels go...one of the best ever.

Big shock? Not really.

We all know it will be in walletpopping 3D and revolve around a love story, instead of Aliens.

Pass

new viral video for Prometheus...

http://youtu.be/DOOJl5lWNfM