Topic: Podcast Idea

DirtyGirl sent me an interesting message.  What if we did a normal podcast thing where we picked a few movies and talked/reviewed them?  We wouldn't watch them, but I may play some clips from them.  It would be a more structured thing, and details would have to be hammered out.

What do you think?  I have no idea how it would go, so feel free to shoot out ideas.  Especially Lee & Mavie, since you 2 have done this 'casts before.

Re: Podcast Idea

I say try it. No harm in trying anything.

I think film discussion/review would be interesting, for sure, since pretty much everyone that participates in the movie night podcasts have opinions/interesting things to say about them. I'd give it a shot, at least.

I sent you a message about this earlier tonight.   smile

The Creature wrote:

I think film discussion/review would be interesting, for sure, since pretty much everyone that participates in the movie night podcasts have opinions/interesting things to say about them. I'd give it a shot, at least.

yeah, and besides, who needs this pesky forum anyways?  wink

hey, I know, let's make the drunk thread interactive!  lol

^^
Back at ya babe.

I'd be down! I've done a few podcasts before. Now I just need a mic that works. lol

I would totally listen to it.

* Edit - I accidentally voted "No" on the poll.  Meant "Yes" of course!

* Edit - 2nd Edit for stupidity on my part.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2012-04-08 00:31:44)

I've got experience doing podcasts both the "Easy" way and the "Hard" way. Shoot me a message and I'd be more than willing to help out.

@Ghosty- not my idea- it was Meh's, Mavie's andDG's.

@Dave- I'm sure I'll be asking for some help in the future.

i'm game!  as long as i can drop in "Bollocks" and " Aliminium" ( could never spell that word,i know according to my Amercian cousins, i could never say it eithier:) )

This is a cool idea.  Is this going to be, like, an official HM Podcast?

Ghostie -- thanks for the nod.  I've never done a podcast before, but it could be fun.  I'm up for it if the powers that be will have me.

^^
I hope I'm not dropping any buckets here, but Meh was talking about this with RavieMavie.  Then DG got involved and said something to me.  As for official, got me, I'm just going to be the tech guy.

I agree with Ghosty, Lon would be great with his freakin' knowledge base of every damn movie ever made.  We'll just have to keep him healthy so he doesn't sound like a crazy alpaca.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/9560328/images/1272793319101.jpg

Shit, the internet has an image for everything.  (Swollen, don't you even dare try to come up with one of your crazy-assed things.  Won't do it, no sir.)

(And why the hell was Lon up at 6 in the morning?  lol )

Last edited by azathoth (2012-04-07 05:39:54)

If anyone wants to talk about this some more, flesh out some ideas, have sexy, sexy alpaca pics, post something over at the Skype Hello thread.  I'm going to take a nap now, but I'll make a convo on Skype in case anyone feels like dropping some ideas.  (Under 'HM Podcast talk', I already invited most of you)

Or do it here.  That works, too.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-04-07 06:21:48)

Our most bestest lupine has suggested some ideas for podcast.  Plus he volunteered to be there as long as he could say 'bollocks' and 'aluminimumum um mum' a lot.

Here are his ideas-

Forgotten Horrors
When Does  A Science Fiction Film Become A Horror Film?
Animals In Horror
Lesser Known Vampire Films
Lesser Known Werewolf Films
Haunted Places
My Top 10 Horror Directors

He had a couple of others, too, but hell I'm trying to wrap my head around this right now.  (You guys/gals are trying to kill me, aren't you?)

[Edit- I just had an idea on the haunted places up there ^^. I live near Eastern State Penitentiary, and they have tours and such (and a Halloween thing!), so I was thinking if anyone lives near a "haunted place", I/you/us could go there, take some pics, and just give a repot on what the place was like.  (And no, Swollen, Uranus does not count.)]

Last edited by azathoth (2012-04-07 07:44:12)

I'm in smile sorry I am on my cell this weekend so I can only post a little.

deadhorse13 wrote:
The Creature wrote:

yeah, and besides, who needs this pesky forum anyways?  wink

Nah, I love this forum, it would just be kinda neat to see good posts turned into podcasts/live discussions.

azathoth wrote:

Our most bestest lupine has suggested some ideas for podcast.  Plus he volunteered to be there as long as he could say 'bollocks' and 'aluminimumum um mum' a lot.

Here are his ideas-

Forgotten Horrors
When Does  A Science Fiction Film Become A Horror Film?
Animals In Horror
Lesser Known Vampire Films
Lesser Known Werewolf Films
Haunted Places
My Top 10 Horror Directors
]

I like this aluminimumumumum guys' ideas.

Just want to quickly weigh in on the podcast. Sam has been working with me to put together a podcast since last September and our only hang up is somebody to 'put the thing together' once we record it.

I recently asked MovieMaven if she would like to be involved and I know she has reached out to some of you to get feedback and comments.

As always i encourage you to be involved and share feedback and ideas but I do want to make it clear that we are working on an OFFICIAL HM podcast which will feature myself, MovieMaven, Sam and guest appearances of course by folks like yourselves.

Tks for the enthusiasm gang! Its what keeps me running this demon every day.

azathoth wrote:

@Ghosty- not my idea- it was Meh's, Mavie's andDG's.

Well, not really.  I had nothing to do with it.  The idea was Sam's.  He and Meh have been planning this for months.  Then Meh mentioned it to me a few weeks back. 

Then DG had the idea and approached me so I told her Meh was attempting to do one but needed some tech stuff because he has no time to edit, etc.

The Meh has spoken above, which clarifies things much.  As you can see, Sam & Boss are in charge, so go bug them from now on with ideas.  lol  You can also bug RavieMavie, she likes the attention.  big_smile

Sorry if I jumped the gun there, Boss.  If you still want some tech help, I'm down for it.  smile

you guys haven't started the first podcast yet? lol

azathoth wrote:

Sorry if I jumped the gun there, Boss.

Weird...I jumped in to write exactly this.  It was late, I was tired, I was enthused and I didn't realize this was something planned already (should have read better).  I think this is a great idea.  Sam, Meh and Maven are perfect for this.  As always, let us know if there is anything we can do to help.  smile

^^
Turns out I blew it, big time.  Stupid monkey.  sad

This is not a problem.  You didn't blow anything.  It's just that there were several ideas flowing around at the same time.  DG had a great idea for a community podcast, born out of movie nights.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  It just so happens that Meh had been planning an official HM podcast for a while which would be what he outlined above.