Topic: New here and looking for feedback

My sister just finished her first indy horror film called Haunted Maze.   Looking for honest feedback on it.

It is the one under related videos and is the full movie.  It's not the full movie, but the trailer. We are working on fixing it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1786503/

Thanks!

Last edited by new2spook (2012-04-19 08:57:52)

Re: New here and looking for feedback

I give it a 10/10.

The first post did not work, but I think this one does???  I wish 10/10....LOL!!

Sorry for the joke up there, the cut-off thing happens time to time.

After watching both trailers, I'm going with 7/10.  Visuals looked good, clown dude was creepy, not enough originality.  I'm a notoriously hard grader.

While you're at it, stick around.  We like fresh blood.

I watched one trailer, and from what I seen; I liked the atmosphere, visuals, musical score. All-in-All, I'm also gonna give it a 7/10.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Underdog (2012-04-20 08:29:12)

Very well shot, good cinematic quality all the way around, but not very original. However, I see a mixture of movies here and it is very interesting anyway.

I speak as a fellow filmmaker and viewer.

Thanks!  Appreciate the honest feedback.

Anyone else???

Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum but the reason I joined is because I'm in a new short Horror film that a lot of people talk to me about in the North West of England. It's got a lot of mixed reviews and I just wanted to see what happened if I put it to the really dedicated Horror fans to review. Here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pt8J_KhJmE

This is 'Hoodie Holocaust'.

Like the trailer, clown work is solid, but an absence of dialogue (which hints at characters and subplots to carry the drama) makes me wonder what is going to give the film legs over the full running time. Also.... the title Haunted Maze is just pain blah, with absolutely no horror charisma at all; it doesn't even roll off the tongue with rhythm. You may want to do a mega brainstorm on a new title that will torque people's interest the second they say it. The word "haunted" is vastly over used as well, and thus does not make the title of the film memorable whatsoever.

Last edited by Bunshinsaba (2012-04-22 07:43:15)