Topic: DHMW "LADIES MONTH" Week 4 (Round 24)

Continuing this month's ode to women in horror (and its lady fans) this week features a pair of bad-ass battlin' beauties who don't take the brown word from anybody.  Feast your eyes on...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Ripley.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/VS.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Sarah.jpg

It's kicker of alien ass vs brainy zombie slayer in a fight to the death.  Will the rough and ready Ripley blast her way to a win?  Or will sleek and sexy Sarah out-smart her for the W?  Cast your votes and find out. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is deadlier.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE POINTS

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE POINT.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: DHMW "LADIES MONTH" Week 4 (Round 24)

Ripley is a major bad ass! Day of the Dead is my favorite zombie movie ever but Sarah don't stand a chance. Ripley has honed her skills battling the perfect predator against the Aliens which is a far more dangerous foe than zombies.

Winner: Ellen Ripley

Ripley ! pfffft ! zombies ? she laughs at zombies .. She's used to hordes of acid blooded Aliens who are mean and intelligent sons-of-bitches

She would kick Sarah's ass in any battle

Last edited by MistressOf Horror (2012-04-30 03:16:15)

I would like to hear Ripley to to tell Sarah " Sit down woman, or I will have you shot!"  smile   But seriously,  I think Ripley is a far better fighter than Sarah.  So, I don't think Sarah has a shot at winning, although she might try to chop Ripley's arm off.  smile

No contest here, Ripley wins hands down.  She has survived multiple battles with the nastiest Xenomorphs in the galaxy and their Queen, and she always manages to come out on top.  Hell, none of her male crew members, androids or even the Colonial Marines could manage to do that.  So I don't think that Sarah would stand a chance against her.

alien25 wrote:

No contest here, Ripley wins hands down.  She has survived multiple battles with the nastiest Xenomorphs in the galaxy and their Queen, and she always manages to come out on top.  Hell, none of her male crew members, androids or even the Colonial Marines could manage to do that.  So I don't think that Sarah would stand a chance against her.

That's what I would have said too.

Ripley is trained to kill Xenomorphs which are a lot harder to kill than a zombie plus had survived several battles with them, she has the sheer determination to outlive and survive any attack Sarah had

I think folks are overlooking something here.  Yes, Ripley is a smart and tough alien slayer, but I don't remember ever seeing Sarah do something stupid like, say...risk her life for a cat.  Also, I seem to recall Ripley ultimately lost in Alien 3...

But that's not to say you guys are wrong.  I'm just saying if you look a little closer you might see this is a much closer fight than at first glance.

LoudLon wrote:

I think folks are overlooking something here.  Yes, Ripley is a smart and tough alien slayer, but I don't remember ever seeing Sarah do something stupid like, say...risk her life for a cat.  Also, I seem to recall Ripley ultimately lost in Alien 3...

But that's not to say you guys are wrong.  I'm just saying if you look a little closer you might see this is a much closer fight than at first glance.

awwww yes but if Ripley dies then clone Ripley will appear and finish Sarah off wink lol

Lon likes his under dogs but Ripley is the epitome of a bad ass.

Sarah can handle herself when push comes to shove.

Ripley doesn't take crap from anyone or anything.

When the going gets tough, both of these gals are on their "A" game. I envision this match coming down to hand-to-hand combat. And Ripley is not just in good shape, she's buffed! There fore I think Ripley would knock the socks offa, Sarah.

I have to give the nod to Ripley.

Okie doke, voting is officially over.  The results...are very obvious. 

Winner: RIPLEY

How I'd break it down...

I completely agree that at first glance Ripley seems to have this one in the bag.  She's six feet tall, she's kinda buffed, she's reasonably intelligent.  But there are two things which I think would be her downfall.

1. In the first Alien, she was on the ship, free and clear, and what does she do?  She goes back for the cat -- a lame-brain move that seemed to ignore the strengths she'd displayed up to that point.  She risked her life for something that can be replaced at any pet shop for five bucks, giving the xenomorph all the time it needed to stow itself away on her escape ship.  If it was a kid, like in Aliens, that's one thing -- but stupid is stupid, and going back for the cat was stupid.

2. She gets impregnated and flings herself to her own death as the baby alien bursts from her stomach.  Tough or not, ultimately the xenomorphs get the better of her and she lost.   

While it's true I do like my underdogs as Swollen pointed out, I don't see this as an underdog situation.  I think Sarah is the more intelligent, the ballsier (she defies the murderous Cpt. Rhodes only to the point where her friends' safety comes into question) and the one more likely to keep her cool and do what has to be done when it needs to be done (witness the scene with her cutting of Miguel's arm).  She takes on the zombies AND the corrupt military, and by the time everything's said and done, she's still alive and kicking.  I don't think the differences in their respective opponents (xenomorphs and zombies) have much, if anything at all, to do with who's the better warrior -- it comes down to smarts and guts, and Sarah's got enough of an advantage in both to ultimately take this fight.

My take: Sarah wins.

This being the fourth round of the month, next up is the Ladies Month Monthly Final, plus the usual monthly Exhibition Match which goes along with it.  Both will be up shortly.  Thanks to all who participated, and continue to participate, in the votings.  We might not always agree, but it keeps us talking about horror flicks and that's kind of the whole point. smile

LoudLon wrote:

Okie doke, voting is officially over.  The results...are very obvious. 

Winner: RIPLEY

How I'd break it down...

I completely agree that at first glance Ripley seems to have this one in the bag.  She's six feet tall, she's kinda buffed, she's reasonably intelligent.  But there are two things which I think would be her downfall.

1. In the first Alien, she was on the ship, free and clear, and what does she do?  She goes back for the cat -- a lame-brain move that seemed to ignore the strengths she'd displayed up to that point.  She risked her life for something that can be replaced at any pet shop for five bucks, giving the xenomorph all the time it needed to stow itself away on her escape ship.  If it was a kid, like in Aliens, that's one thing -- but stupid is stupid, and going back for the cat was stupid.

2. She gets impregnated and flings herself to her own death as the baby alien bursts from her stomach.  Tough or not, ultimately the xenomorphs get the better of her and she lost.   

While it's true I do like my underdogs as Swollen pointed out, I don't see this as an underdog situation.  I think Sarah is the more intelligent, the ballsier (she defies the murderous Cpt. Rhodes only to the point where her friends' safety comes into question) and the one more likely to keep her cool and do what has to be done when it needs to be done (witness the scene with her cutting of Miguel's arm).  She takes on the zombies AND the corrupt military, and by the time everything's said and done, she's still alive and kicking.  I don't think the differences in their respective opponents (xenomorphs and zombies) have much, if anything at all, to do with who's the better warrior -- it comes down to smarts and guts, and Sarah's got enough of an advantage in both to ultimately take this fight.

My take: Sarah wins.

This being the fourth round of the month, next up is the Ladies Month Monthly Final, plus the usual monthly Exhibition Match which goes along with it.  Both will be up shortly.  Thanks to all who participated, and continue to participate, in the votings.  We might not always agree, but it keeps us talking about horror flicks and that's kind of the whole point. smile

Wow, this don't usually happen but I pretty much disagree with everything you said there. Saying its stupid to go back for the cat is a complete matter of opinion I think. You obviously never met folks who love their pets as if they are their own children, you basically judge someone by their emotional attachment to a pet or loved one (yes, I said loved one). Talk to Maven and I bet she will tell some folks out there would save a cat before a human. So, saving the cat does not male her stupid, to me it just shows that she cares and has enough balls to go back and actually save the cat.

I think the fact that she takes her own life only proves that nothing not even death will prevent her from destroying her opponent.

I think the foe each lady is used to facing does play a major role it who may win this battle, xenomorph is far more intelligent and deadly than zombies or lame brained and out pf shape military personnel by a country mile. Consider the soldiers Sarah were up again were not the brightest and obviously not in peak shape, afterall they had been mostly under ground for quite awhile.

Ultimately I think Ripley has faced FAR more challenges, adversity and much, much tougher foe's and survived. J still say Sarah has a snowball chance in hell of beating Ripley.

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2012-05-06 19:13:07)

ChainSaW80 wrote:

Wow, this don't usually happen but I pretty much disagree with everything you said there. Saying its stupid to go back for the cat is a complete matter of opinion I think. You obviously never met folks who love their pets as if they are their own children, you basically judge someone by their emotional attachment to a pet or loved one (yes, I said loved one). Talk to Maven and I bet she will tell some folks out there would save a cat before a human. So, saving the cat does not male her stupid, to me it just shows that she cares and has enough balls to go back and actually save the cat.

You're absolutely right, it is just a matter of opinion, and I won't fault or blame you for yours.   I will take umbrage however with "you basically judge someone by their emotional attachment to a pet or loved one."  This is not true.  I don't make a habit of judging anyone, unless it's some sick fuck killer or some demented pervert who likes to diddle kids.  I wouldn't judge a person for the choices they make as informed by their personality as shaped by the events of their lives any more than I'd blame my car for stalling out after I chose not to fill its tank.  I'm actually rather shocked you just took that jab at me, dude.  Unexpected, and very not cool.

As for my comment about the cat, this isn't a real person we're talking about; this is a movie character, and in the context of the movie this character, who had been presented up to that point to be strong, resourceful and have a decent head on her shoulders, ultimately pulls the  uncharacteristically bone-headed move of risking her guaranteed escape and safety for a cat.  And in the context of this movie -- and only the context of this movie --I say yeah, fuck the cat. wink

^ hey, looking at it again, I guess it was a bit harsh to say your "judging" not the best choice of words on my part I guess...I never meant it as a jab. I don't completely disagrees about the cat by the way, i woulda 100% left the cat personally...hell I don't even like cats but I have known quite a few people who absolutely love their pets like their children. My aunt Sharon was never able to have children and she has a poodle named cinnamon and she was telling us once about how the dog was really sick and she nearly started to bawling at the dinner table, it was awkward. Anyways, my point is, even if it was a bonehead thing to do I think if she is a type like my aunt Sharon then its justified to an extent and doesn't really make her stupid, nor does it have have anythilng to do with her winning or losing a fight/battle.

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2012-05-07 20:18:53)

^^^ It's all good, man.  You're not the only guy who chose a wrong word and got crap thrown at him.

<--- guilty, more times than I can count. lol