Topic: Beastie Boys death

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … 8-20120504

Re: Beastie Boys death

see you on the other side homeboy!

Oh, man.  I LOVE the Beastie Boys and Yauch (MCA) was my favorite of the trio.  I've been a fan of these hip-hop rebels since I bought their first cassette tape in '86.  My sisters and I used to put on concerts for my mom, lip-syncing to Brass Monkey and Paul Revere.  Unfortunately I'd only been following them sporadically since '04 or so, so I had no idea Yauch even had cancer. 

This is actually quite saddening.  Great band, great guy, great proponent for civil rights in Tibet.  I miss him already.

At least he survived long enough to see their induction into the R&R hall of fame.

^ True.
Saw them in concert in about 88-89 at U.C.L.A. What a fun and electrifying performance they gave. Many a good memories listening to them, while hanging out with my buddies.

R.I.P  Yauch, and thanks for all the great memories!

Sad news, 2012 is already shaping up to be a bad year.  Men at work, The Band and now The Beastie Boys all losing someone.

RIP
Saw them in 95 with bad brains one of may fav shows.

Cancer claims yet another victim...he was so young still too. I think I still have my License to Ill cassette tape around here somewhere.

Fight for your right to party was the anthem of my youth. RIP MCA!! sad

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2012-05-04 19:20:27)

Was a big fan when they came out & even though i haven't bought anything from them in years i still liked to here what they were up 2. RIP MCA. sad