Topic: Introduction

Hey guys, as you can see, I'm very new to the forums, however, I have been visiting and using the website for around 2 years, reading reviews and getting new ideas of movies to watch.

My love for horror began when I was about 9 years old, I had the flu (quite bad, I was hallucinating some stuff), and I thought it would be a good idea to steal a VHS (This was a long time ago) from my mums rooms even though I was told I wasn't allowed to watch it. The film was 'The House On Haunted Hill' 1999 version. And yeah, it's fair to say, it scared the crap out of me, and I was hallucinating ghosts flying over my bed, I was truly horrified, but ever since then, I've been addicted to horror movies and being scared, but as time went by I found my love for not only being scared witless, but finding new (maybe not so known) horror movies, focusing on hard hitting story lines, and not so much gore or violence (not that I mind, but I prefer good storylines over bloodbaths any day).

Some films I have recently seen are: Vanishing On 7th Street, not so much a 'horror' as such, but their are definitely some dark and sketchy scenes which I loved, and I thought the storyline was amazing, it has become one of my favourite modern 'horror' movies. Another one I've seen and quite enjoyed was The Tortured, now as I've said before, I'm not one for bloodbath movies, however, the storyline in this was something slightly different, if not a little bit simple and not too well thought out, I though it was still clever and daring, it was a little bit slow, but not too slow, and the ending of that movie, was, well... pretty amazing to say the least. And finally, the other movie I've recently seen: THE DIVIDE, at most, this film was a disappointment, I though it had so much potential, I liked the plot line and idea behind the movie, however, the execution of the script was not too great, it was a very slow film, maybe too slow, and very secluded to one area, it did not branch out and explain the reasons to the plot line, and the ending of the film, well, was rubbish, sorely disappointed at this film.

So a little about me?

I'm 20 (21 in a week) and am from the UK,  Currently in full time work as head admin for a double glazing supply company (thrilling, I know), and I also co-own a small web development business with a friend. In my spare time I enjoy, Gaming, Football, Discovering New Music (I'm mainly into metal) and most importantly, watching horror movies!

I've not much else to say really, and I just got out of the shower and am still wet whilst writing this. So I'm gunna hit the post button now, feel free to ask any questions, I'm an open book.

Oh, and my name is George.

Last edited by Zorkki (2012-05-07 15:24:04)

Re: Introduction

Welcome.  I am the resident monkey.  Have a complimentary banana.  big_smile

I'm linking your post to the "Introduce Yourself" thread, under the "General Chitchat" subforum.

Welcome to HM Zorkki smile  I love suspenseful movies the most also.

^^
Especially if it stars venerated horror film icon Christopher Lee.  lol

Last edited by azathoth (2012-05-07 15:26:56)

or Peter Cushing!!!  big_smile

DirtyGirl wrote:

or Peter Cushing!!!  big_smile

like the older men do you mary! geee! even i'm younger than those two ! wink

Welcome Zorkki! nice to have another Brit, especially Female. smile

Welcome.
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/funny-pictures-hello-and-welcome-to-the-playboy-mansion.jpg  lol

Welcome to HM Zorkki.

Welcome to HM, hope you enjoy it here

wolfman1959 wrote:

Eek, I'm male, sorry to get your hopes up wink

Zorkki wrote:
wolfman1959 wrote:

Eek, I'm male, sorry to get your hopes up wink

then that's a dastardly thing to do! put a girl's picture on  your avatar so old folk's think you're a girl!!!! damn dispicable trick !! it wouldn't even cross my mind to do a thing like that!  admin ban this scoundrel now dashed blighter! wink 
Mutter mutter throws underpants at az ! az ducks, hits deadhorse straight in the moosh and he stands smiling delightedly.  another treat for Billy boy! smile

Why do I always get in the middle of the underpants fights?