Topic: Prometheus - 2D or not 2D

I have just realised that you can see this film in 3D Imax and 2D. What are u guys going to see it in. Will be interesting to see ur guys opinions. The really annoying thing is that, after months of anticipation none of the cinemas in Cardiff or even the whole of South Wales have it in 2D and 3D so if i want to watch ill be forced to in 3D Grrrrrrrrr! IM NOT impressed.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-05-26 11:46:34)

Re: Prometheus - 2D or not 2D

As long as the projectionist has the lenses correct, Imax 3D is great viewing.  That is just a general statement, haven't seen this one yet.

I hate 3D and don't support it in anyway, this movie is too good for it, 2D all the way

^^
Yeah, it's a personal thing.  I hate 2D-to-3D conversions, but films made originally in 3D I tend to like with their depth of focus.  But like I said, a personal thing.

I dont mind so much the film being available in 3D, and if was conceived and created with 3D as a central component then by all means it could be amazing in 3D but id like to have at LEAST a choice between 2D and 3D. Sadly it looks like I wont.  Seems to me that Cinemas and the studio distributors are trying to squeeze every bit of money out of us film lovers. I can see this backfiring though and people avoiding it cause the 2D option is unavailable to them. First i lose my 50 quid earphones and then this. NOT The greatest end of week ive had.

I do not mind 3d when it is used right but sometimes it gets too much and it gives me a headache like The Avengers was so long I got a headache

My experience with 3D movies haven't been so good. Recently, I watched The Avengers in 3D and would have rather seen it in 2D. Of the movies I have seen in 3D, and liked, are ones such as Puss in Boots, and Rango.

Is anyone else in my position and cant find ONE decently close cinema that is showing the film in 2D.

^^
As far as I know, I have never been in the position of having to watch a film in 3D.

azathoth wrote:

^^
Yeah, it's a personal thing.  I hate 2D-to-3D conversions, but films made originally in 3D I tend to like with their depth of focus.  But like I said, a personal thing.

3D gives me a headache, I can't wear glasses (i have perfect eyesight) and having that there just gives me a splitting headache.

I'll probably see it in 3D.

If I see one more trailer for Prometheus I’m going to scream. I don’t need to see the whole film to want to see any film. I remember the trailer for the original Alien was just the fucking egg, the title and the words ”In space no one can hear you scream.” and I was SOLD. These days people want to spoil everything before we even get to the theater.

/rant

I'm uber excited for this! Wish I could see it in cinema but those pesky uniforms and equipment won't pay for themselves sad I would be going to see it in 2D if I was going though. The glasses don't fit my tiny head neutral

For all the people against 3D: I just picture Noomi Rapace in 3D and that's fiiiiiine by me. wink

Can't wait!

I saw it in 3D, not much of a Sci-fi thrill ride in my opinion. I'd write a review but for some reason I can't... Very Dull and Boring but very nice set up near the end.

Just saw Prometheus in 3D.  The cinematography was beautiful, and the story explained a lot.