Topic: RIP Ray Bradbury.

Ray Bradbury author of such classic books as Farenheit 451 and The Martian Chronicles died Tuesdsy night.
Mr. Bradbury was 91.

Re: RIP Ray Bradbury.

Aww. sad
Sad news, but, at least the man got to live for quite a long time (91 years old). We were lucky to have him on this planet for so long. Good man.

To be honest, I haven't read a lot of his works (though I would like to in the future), but Fahrenheit 451 and his short work, The Sound of Thunder, are both classics.

RIP Ray Bradbury!

Last edited by The Creature (2012-06-06 11:03:02)

I have read so many of his books and am ashamed to say that I thought he had died many, many years ago.  However, RIP to a fantastic talent.

Damn, one of my top authors.  RIP, Mr. Bradbury.

Though i dont know or even heard of this guy i will make a point to explore his books as a mark out of respect.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-06-06 12:06:56)

RIP RB

Something wicked is one of my fav books. I got to hear him talk at the U of Redlands when I was a young teen ( I had no idea at the time who he was or what an Icon) my mom was going back to school and would drag me to readings and talks, which I am grateful for now.

swollenguy wrote:

RIP RB

Something wicked is one of my fav books. I got to hear him talk at the U of Redlands when I was a young teen ( I had no idea at the time who he was or what an Icon) my mom was going back to school and would drag me to readings and talks, which I am grateful for now.

Something Wicked is also one of my favorite books.  The Creature said he wanted to get into Bradbury more outside of 451 so I suggested that to him and he seems very thrilled to read it.  Works like Bradbury's will never be forgotten

Vasquez wrote:

Though i dont know or even heard of this guy i will make a point to explore his books as a mark out of respect.

He's top-tier. 
His bibliography
Stuff turned into TV and movies

I was really into his books in the 80's, and he's still one of my fav authors to this day!

R.I.P, Mr Bradbury! Appreciate you taking me away to distant planets and alternate worlds.