Topic: Euro Cup starts Today

Anyone gonna be watching? Greece and Poland are playing now.

Re: Euro Cup starts Today

I will be.  I just bought the DLC EURO 2012 for Fifa 12 on xbox, I'm pumped and ready.

Im not that excited though i will support Germany, even though im english. Germany at least play decent football and i admire them for that. I wont support England because i know ill just end up disappointed

I want to pick up FIFA 13 when it comes out. I'm just waiting for the world cup. No better time of year besides NFL Postseason

The world cup as in the game?  they're not doing a game for it, they did the EURO 2012 add on in replacement of.....the actual world cup is still 2 years away, though lol (that sucks)

No I meant the actual world cup. You know, that month where you riot and drink and be merry?

Oh, is this the one where no one ever scores and all the players pretend to be trout and jump on the ground and flop around?
tongue   big_smile   lol  tongue

Same refs as the celtics heat games. Everybody is getting kicked out.

i saw most of the first game. a lot better than i thought it  would be for an opener. i'll support England of course but i'll be surprised if we make it through the group stage. my pick to win it is Germany. AZ! i throw your own poo at you for that sarcasm.  at least proper footballers don't wear all that padding and the rules are relatively straightforward. i fart in your general direction and make a noise like a pickled cabbage!  smile

wolfman1959 wrote:

i saw most of the first game. a lot better than i thought it  would be for an opener. i'll support England of course but i'll be surprised if we make it through the group stage. my pick to win it is Germany. AZ! i throw your own poo at you for that sarcasm.  at least proper footballers don't wear all that padding and the rules are relatively straightforward. i fart in your general direction and make a noise like a pickled cabbage!  smile

Pickled cabbage. That is fantastic. I didn't have a problem with the first game, I was definitely hoping Greece would get the win but there's still a lot to play. The Russia game isn't looking too good right now for the Czechs.

I was wondering how long until Mr. Wolf would stumble upon my comment, lol !  However, you forgot I'm Polish, and we like all kinds of cabbage, big_smile .

azathoth wrote:

I was wondering how long until Mr. Wolf would stumble upon my comment, lol !  However, you forgot I'm Polish, and we like all kinds of cabbage, big_smile .

how ironic in our sweepstake at work i drew the czechs and you know how i love my neighbours. what happens the czechs get beat 4-1 LOSERS!
are you following the competition then Bryan? who do you think will win? you don't even understand the game do you? thought you were more into rounders  er i mean baseball wink

I follow the football when the US in involved, so I'm not into the Euro thing. 
Yes, I'm a huge baseball/rounder fan, except my Phillies are sucking so badly this year that I invite them over to clean my rugs.  It's really not their fault, their top 2 positional players haven't even played yet (injuries), their top 3 starting pitchers have been or are still out for injuries, plus another 7 guys who have been out for injuries for various amounts of time.
Imagine if I came around Cambridge and smacked 4-5 of your players every other week with a cricket bat with various degrees of injury.  That's my team so far this year, minus the assault and cricket bat.  I don't think we've had the same roster lineup (excepting the starting pitcher) for more than 2 games straight for the entire year, and we're 53 games in!  They're about as effective as if we both drank 2 bottles of absinthe, drove a car into a tree with no seatbelts, lit ourselves on fire, and then tried to take out the Yakuza with Nerf guns.

azathoth wrote:

They're about as effective as if we both drank 2 bottles of absinthe, drove a car into a tree with no seatbelts, lit ourselves on fire, and then tried to take out the Yakuza with Nerf guns.

oh good times ! i did all that last week, it was fun! wink

Russia is now my second team. GO MOTHER RUSSIA!

wolfman1959 wrote:

oh good times ! i did all that last week, it was fun! wink

And I didn't even get an invite....
Now, I shall sulk at my lack of Yakuza Nerf gun killing time!  Hurrumph!

Man the Denmark/Netherlands game was amazing even though Denmark won, the Dutch really payed harder.  Now Porto vs Germany.   I'm partial to both teams so this is just one of those ideal dream matches for me where I don't care who wins, I just want a good game and 25 minutes in, it's proving to be just that

it's a bit of a surprise that Holland lost to Denmark.

Denmark sucks, I'm still in shock they won

I've been house hunting and missed the games. Any good ones?

Germany beat Portugal in a hugely exciting game.  Denmark pulled a huge upset on Netherlands

I'm Portuguese. You can guess who I am rooting for tongue

Some of my best friends are Portuguese so we play up me being like 90% German, they called it their people vs my people haha.

Germany are my tip to win it.

ALright today is Spain/Italy and Croatia/Ireland.  I'm rooting Spain and Ireland.  Right now, second half of Spain/Italy just started and good effort on both ends but tied 0-0

Wolfie, Germany is my pick to win, too