Re: Retro Rewatch Pleasant Discoveries

alien25 wrote:

Well, My Little Eye does star one Bradley Cooper who has gone on to become one of Hollywood's hottest comodities. wink

Yeah that's what I meant *coughs* cheers dude big_smile

azathoth wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

....Like say, re-watching The Hidden (1987) and realizing, holy shit, that's Danny Trejo in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it role as a thug in jail.

Or perhaps Claudia Christian as a hooker in the same film?  Who went on to do a little show called Babylon 5, as well as a bunch of other stuff?  (Including a nice Playboy shoot, so I'm told.)

Your Tina Fey is my Claudia Christian.

I always did like Claudia Christian.  Loved her in Hexed, with Arye Gross.

No f***ing way! Did I just see Tony Todd in The Rock? (1996) I just had a sudden urge to view this one again and there he was! Now that! Is a pleasant discovery for me. big_smile

Huh.  I'm watching The Fifth Element on cable and just realized the girl playing the opera-singing blue alien is the actress who goes by the name Maiwenn -- who played Alex in High Tension.

Big blue alien, target of a lesbian slasher's kinky fantasies.  Who'da thunk it?

Another Danny Trejo spotting: as a thug being chased by Steven Seagal at the beginning of Marked for Death.

^LOL Danny Trejo is everywhere!

does anyone remember a british horror short called dream house in which a couple buy a house and the wife starts to see people who are not there.the husband thinks she is having a breakdown after she sees bodies in the bath and other rooms all stabbed to death,i remember wathing this at the cinema around 1981, it frightened me and my friend to death as there was no sound track and no way of knowing when somthing was going to happen.it was a short as the main feature was the exterminator wich was'nt half bad either

Not a pleasent discovery, but news to me anyway. Had to look it up to confirm after watching, but the preppy kid is the same actor playing the same exact named character from Friday the 13th remake as in the first Transformers. Michael Bay....ugh.

I've seen Desperado a few days ago. There was Danny Trejo and Steve Buscemi in it. We're far from Machete!

Started watching Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 for the first time a couple days ago and was pleasantly surprised to see the lead actor was Jeffrey Donovan -- he of Burn Notice fame.  I shut the movie off a half an hour into it because, well, it sucked -- but you could see from his performance that he wanted to leave an impression in his first lead role.  And he did, it's just too bad it couldn't have been in a better movie. hmm

Currently reviewing my Cult Terror Cinema collection DVD set.

Watched Behind the Mask:The Rise of Leslie Vernon again today and was pleasantly surprised to see "Hershel" from The Walking Dead had a part in it. Very cool!

LoudLon wrote:

Started watching Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 for the first time a couple days ago and was pleasantly surprised to see the lead actor was Jeffrey Donovan -- he of Burn Notice fame.  I shut the movie off a half an hour into it because, well, it sucked

But the hippie redhead and goth girl were HOTT!

i think it was an amusing bad film.

Warlock

^^
Just never watch Warlock 2.  Ick.
For some reason that reminds me of Dr. Mordrid.  Man, why did Full Moon Video have to go belly up?  They made some quality sutff for a while.

azathoth wrote:

^^
For some reason that reminds me of Dr. Mordrid.  Man, why did Full Moon Video have to go belly up?  They made some quality sutff for a while.

They went belly up?  I just saw Charles Band at a convention last summer.

Just discovered "The Stuff" (1985). Good, cheesy stuff.

^ notice my use of the word 'stuff' at the end there. Unintentional pun. HA.

Just rewatched David Cronenberg's Rabid this morning and in the scene where Hart Read and Murray Cypher are driving to the clinic, on the radio a story hit's about a man biting a woman at a truck stop. What's cool is they actually reference the man as being from my home town of Campbellford

DirtyGirl wrote:
azathoth wrote:

^^

They went belly up?  I just saw Charles Band at a convention last summer.

It would take about 10 pages to go through all the companies, divisions, and spin offs Band has been involved in.
Full Moon was the top of Band's horror career.  For a variety of reasons, he eventually spun off part of the business and renamed the other.  Then a bunch of other stuff happened, and then about 5 years ago he brought back Full Moon Productions. 
I admire the guy, he's like some of the 70s and early 80s producers/directors who had little time and even less money to make movies.  Yet Band managed to pull off a bunch of good movies.
Actually met him back around 1990/91 at a distributor convention.  Got a nice little press kit that he signed for me.  Nice guy, quite funny.

Someone should write a book about his movie career.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre two.  Bill Mosely is in it as well as House of a Thousand Corpses which is definitely a homage to Texas Chainsaw Massacare.  Zombie must have been a fan of Mosely.

Witchboard, that movie is kick-ass!

I found Demonic Toys in my movie binder. YES!

Anyone remember an alien movie called creepizoid

Was just re watching GoodFellas and was suprised to see Jigsaw/Tobin Bell pop up for like two seconds as the probation officer.

trex78 wrote:

Anyone remember an alien movie called creepizoid

Are you talking about that b-movie cheesefest with Linnea Quigley?