Topic: Scorsese's Amazing Story

Anyone seen Mirror Mirror from the television series Amazing Stories 1985?  I am about to give it a go tonight, saw it a long time ago and remember it being pretty creepy.  Lookin' forward to watching a horror short directed by Martin Scorsese.  Unforuntantely it was pretty much the only horror episode of the entire first season.  I guess you could consider Spielberg's episode Ghost Train as Horror.

Re: Scorsese's Amazing Story

I don't remember that episode, but I do remember the series. I liked the show, but it didn't last long. There was one episode (non horror) I remember and really liked though. Had something to do with a kid who meets a dwarf. The dwarf tells him to save all his childhood toys and he will be a wealthy individual one day. The guy takes a lot of crap from his (I think) dad who kicks him out of the house. The guy becomes a bum of sorts, but manages to keep all his toys. Then one day when he's really down on his luck, (I think) he decides to sell a comic, or toy to a shop. Turns out he owns a mint condition comic of the first Superman comic, among many other valuable comics, and toys. He sells his collection for a small fortune and lives happily ever after.

Sorry, don't remember the Mirror episode, but like UDog, I have a favorite episode.  There is a movie shoot with a mummy, somehow a real mummy is brought back to life, and confusion reigns as the 2 keep switching spots and silliness ensues.

I barely remember that episode and haven't seen it since around that time it originally aired.  Seems like it freaked me out a bit, and even as a kid normally those types of shows wouldn't of done it.  I had no idea it was directed by him though...interesting.  Curious what you think of it.

Underdog wrote:

I don't remember that episode, but I do remember the series. I liked the show, but it didn't last long. There was one episode (non horror) I remember and really liked though. Had something to do with a kid who meets a dwarf. The dwarf tells him to save all his childhood toys and he will be a wealthy individual one day. The guy takes a lot of crap from his (I think) dad who kicks him out of the house. The guy becomes a bum of sorts, but manages to keep all his toys. Then one day when he's really down on his luck, (I think) he decides to sell a comic, or toy to a shop. Turns out he owns a mint condition comic of the first Superman comic, among many other valuable comics, and toys. He sells his collection for a small fortune and lives happily ever after.

The episode you are referring to is staring Mark Hamil.  Not sure of the  name of it but shouldn't be too hard to find on google.  Great, great episode.  Hamil didn't do too much besides Star Wars which makes the episode even that much cooler.

There was another Spielberg episode call the Mission which is great.