Re: The Dream Thread

i had a dream about a female friend of mine ( nobody on here by the way) who was dressed all in sporty gear made of tight lycra. very nice tongue

Had a cool, creepy Halloween dream.

I was walking in a shopping mall.....some girl handed me a halloween costume, then left.
The environment switched to a giant mansion which I lived in....I was watching a couple horror movies (can't remember which), when I looked past the TV and into a dark room. I went in, turned on the light (it was a swinging lightbulb) and saw a coffin in the middle of the room. Then I'm like, "ooh, shit, it's a vampire!" So I grabbed a wooden stake and a hammer. Went back into the room to do my job before the sun was down (it was already setting), but then the light went out. I was left in a dull, dark blue shade of darkness. So I went out of the room and grabbed a lamp. Looked out the window, saw the sun was closer to the ground, and things were growing darker.
I went into the room, had a hard time plugging the lamp in, and when I finally did, it didn't work.
Looked out the window again, the sun was practically under, I turned to the dark room again, and then BOOM! A giant set of bloody rib cage was in my face, I turned my head up, and saw a decayed vampire face, and it was coming at me. I took the wooden stake, placed it at its heart, and then launched the hammer into its body several times.

Then I yelled at my brother and sister for not helping.

In the stages of falling asleep...I was in between listening to music and seeing images because I was falling into sleep, and I was still conscious I was falling asleep....I saw this really cool image of a buddhist in meditation position, sitting on top of a pyramid, under a clear land of water, and above his head and above the clear waves, was a orange-yellow setting sun, and the whole sky and clouds was illuminated by it, as was everything in the clear water. It was so awesome.

I was in a field, walking to the edge of a forest, and a pond, and there was this really creepy dude walking his monkey on a rope. The monkey slowly turned and saw me, gnarled its teeth and escaped his master and started running toward me. I knew if it got ahold of me, it would tear my face apart (I had read an article about a chimp attack that day), so I started to run - I somehow got it locked inside a cage without being killed. I turned from the cage and saw a doberman pincher snarling and growling at me. It seems hesitant about what it wanted to do - eat me or let me live. Thankfully, i switched to another dream before the dog could make its decision. tongue

Had another ex-girlfriend dream.  As wrong as she did me, I think about her constantly as it is.  I don't need her haunting my dreams as well.  Can a brother get just a bit of a break, please? lol

my wife said i woke her up with my shouting in my sleep early this morning. vaguely remember  dreaming about zombies.

I dreamed there were spiders all over my bed woke up screaming and pulling at my hair crying ohh I thought I was done with those

wolfman1959 wrote:

my wife said i woke her up with my shouting in my sleep early this morning. vaguely remember  dreaming about zombies.

did all the zombies look like John Stamos and they had throbing man spears? I have that one all the time.

Last edited by swollenguy (2012-04-18 17:12:25)

swollenguy wrote:
wolfman1959 wrote:

did all the zombies look like John Stamos and they had throbing man spears? I have that one all the time.

you are a worry Sam. i have a throbbing man spear. ointments don't work. certain people would. just needs TLC! ( Hint, hint  " where are my frigging nurses"? tongue )

Fell asleep watching 'Deadliest Catch.'  And I hate the ocean.  For once I didn't like a nightmare.

azathoth wrote:

hate the ocean.

This hurts me.

Sorry, brah, we all have our fears.

I had my first sleep paralysis experience in a long time. I had a dream that I had decided to ram my head into a pack of grizzly bears, so then I got what I deserved - A grizzly bear took my head into its paws and then continued by stuffing my head into its giant mouth. My whole head was vibrating and i could hear the growlings and the rumblings from the bear....then in the middle of that I woke up, and I was paralyzed and half awake, half asleep. But I could still feel that big vibration on my head and I could still hear the bear growling. After about 5 seconds I snapped out of it and then fell back asleep into another dream.

azathoth wrote:

Sorry, brah, we all have our fears.

Mine is this guy:
http://alwaysablogsmaid.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/blast-image-final-e1316614429419.jpg he freaks me out

^^
Don't blame you.  Those eyes are not of human origin.

I had a dream I was playing a movie role, and i was a chick.
I was in this old, large barn with a shotgun in my hand. Some guy outside in partial riot gear was about to come inside. I aimed the shotgun and pulled the trigger - Click, out of bullets.
He ran inside, was about to attack me, when the floor disappeared, and we started falling in darkness. In the middle of the air, I pulled out the shotgun again and this time I shot him in the face. Splat!

We both landed on the floor. Then I woke up.
I don't usually have action-dreams very often, kinda neat.

i had a dream i was making love to a British friend of mine ( don't worry nobody on here). i like that kind of dream, nobody can touch you for it tongue

had a werid, vivid dream early this morning about Anton Lavey in a black suit and top hat with a cain, giving a speech about some bizzare incident that happened somewhere, sometime in history. It's tough to really pay attention in a dream unless you reach a certain level of lucidity.

Anyway, skip that, and I'm at this big dirt, burial mound. Somebody had buried a baby carriage full of human bones and witches' broomsticks (talk about creepy) in the ground. I was being accused of being the witch.

Jump to me at my friends house, his mother was going crazy and had attacked somebody with a tire iron to steal some of their money.

Too. Many. Horror films lately. lol

Last edited by The Creature (2012-06-12 01:52:43)

Funny, my dreams have been very tame for quite a while.

However, I did watch some vids of a game that was mostly based on dreams- "Catherine."  Very weird, very puzzle based.  Everyone was turned into a sheep in the dreams, the main guy was boning a succubus the entire time, that kind of normal stuff that happens everyday.   Plus it gave out drink trivia throughout the game.  Kind of like Space Invaders, but not really, lol .

^ lol, sounds like fun, Azzy.

I had one of those really vivid dreams this evening during a nap.

Man, go to sleep about 1pm, wake up at 7am, then go back to bed sometime after 4pm, and DAMN, do dreams become vivid then.

I had a dream that I was having a lucid dream (a dream within a dream), and I was flying in the sky, there were two bright, glowing triangles that were fixed together (like sacred geometry) surrounded by colorful stars of red and blue and white and orange. I started experimenting with the skies and changing my environments, and I started trying to experiment with the speed of my flight. I really had to believe in something in order for it to work. Then I flew threw this colorful town at night, came back full circle, and here was the same town except all the colors were basically gone - only the outline of all the buildings could be seen among the white.

Then, in the dream, I woke up and told my parents all about it. We were living in an entirely different house. Then I woke up for real, mouth wide open, flat on my back as if I hadn't moved through my entire nap.

Last edited by The Creature (2012-06-13 22:05:56)

Strange one last night. 
Earth contacts alien civilization, we send a delegation to the galactic congress or whatever for negotiations.  Delegation is broken up into different factions with different ideas on how to work the talks. Bunch of tests for the teams- my team is the worst on combat, but best in negotiation, with me being the best.  Much talk with a monkey-like alien who is acting as our mentor.  All kinds of Tron-like combat practice, infighting among the earthlings, discussions with aliens.  Felt a lot like Mass Effect 3 with less straight-up slaughter.
The thing that is still haunting me 4 hours later is the weight I felt as being the pro tempore in the situation.  No idea of the rules, the protocols, or the motivations of anyone outside my team.  And my monkey-alien friend is totally Yoda-ing out on me.  Still can't shake the feeling.

^^ That's some crazy dream, Azz! Mine are never as full or detailed as that, pretty awesome.

Had a disturbing dream the other night about a lady who adopted a cow without a head. There was just a body with the skin grown over where the head should be. All of a sudden it was hanging on a hook, and it felt like I was too. My spine really hurt in the dream.

OK, most of you folks know I've seen and done things that are not legal in this universe.

So this morning I wake up screaming next to the vamps about how we're all going to die.  And the only thing I remember is this big black void (like a black hole) with like sarlacc teeth wanting to rend me to pieces.  Dudes and dudettes, you would have to see the visuals to even get an idea of how fucking that was.  shit man  just shitty shityys I don't want to slleep again!1

I have one hyphenate for you, Azzie: mother-in-law.  After that shit early this morning she invaded your dream.  You're there for the weekend, you catch flak from her this morning, then you dream about a black void and a great, gnarling beast...  It doesn't take Freud to figure that one out, brother. lol

OK, had a great and bizarre dream last night.  Last thing I watched last night was Comicbook Men. 

So I'm walking around and there is a school bus parked in the neighborhood.  There was a cashier at the front, and for some reason I ask, "Who is [Meh's real name]?"  The guy has flip card cartoons- 1) [Meh] sending letter to Kevin Smith.  2) [something I forget]  3) Smith advertising [Meh].  Then he charges me a quarter for that.  I go in, and it's a TARDIS-bus.  Sitting around a table is Meh, Kevin Smith, and some other guys playing poker.

I know some of my high school and college friends were in the bus, and maybe some of you folks.  It was awesome, like a party going on.  I think there may have even been a disco ball.  HFest/CB Men for the win!