Topic: Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter.

Looks interesting.
I'll be seeing it.

Re: Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter.

The trailer looks awesome!

Personally, im not overly impressed with the trailer or premise. Once u get past its Abraham Lincoln killing Vampires, its just another guy killing vampires. Probably not gonna watch ii at the cinema. Might watch on VOD or some Internet stream when available though.

I was hoping the read the book before I see the movie but not sure I'll have time. Definitely interested though. Am still waiting for them to make Pride & Prejudice & Zombies into a movie.

I hear the book is really good. Im interested in seeing this

what next? next they'll make a film about Margaret Thatcher! ohhhh they have!!! now that is true horror! smile

Im pretty excited for this one, looks like a fun ride. And im a fan of Timur Bekmambetov since Wanted.

Well i sat through Abraham Lincoln VS Zombies so I'll check this one out

This looks to be the next Van Helsing, which I found to be a decent popcorn flick.

Vasquez wrote:

Personally, im not overly impressed with the trailer or premise. Once u get past its Abraham Lincoln killing Vampires, its just another guy killing vampires. Probably not gonna watch ii at the cinema. Might watch on VOD or some Internet stream when available though.

That quite a cynical take on a movie.
"Once you get past it's [guy/gal/group] killing vampires, it's just another [person/group] killing vampires."
What vampire film would not fall into that broad generalization?

@Lilith- I'd like to see P & P & Zs in a movie, too.  A lot of the girly stuff would have to be cut from the book to fit it into the movie, but I'm OK with that.  big_smile

Last edited by azathoth (2012-06-17 17:02:13)

This sounds like an interesting premise will be watching for it! Comes out in 2 days!

Has anyone seen this yet? Looked promising.

I though it was pretty good...lots of action.  just ignore the silly plot. 
Here is my review...
http://www.horror-movies.ca/2012/06/abr … 12-review/

When a film called Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter gets made with a pretty big budget... I feel I should be writing screenplays.

I saw the trailer and thought.. western civilization, give yourself a facepalm

Last edited by Knives4Teeth (2012-06-26 11:38:51)

Actually it was campy and fun with lots of action.  It was done with a serious tone.  Wait for DVd if you're not sure smile

I have to say, though I'm not normally one for vampire/creature flicks in general, or comedy horror, I thought the trailer looked pretty good and I'll give this one a go when it comes to DVD. Bizarre concept but sometimes they are the best big_smile

wolfman1959 wrote:

what next? next they'll make a film about Margaret Thatcher! ohhhh they have!!! now that is true horror! smile

Margaret Thatcher does London? tongue lol