Topic: Fun Times On Horrormovies.Ca

One of the great things about this horror forum is of course its community of fans. We not only talk great horror here, but we are also good friends that are here for each other when shit goes down. I myself have been a member for a little over 2 years, have had a lot of fun, and have learned plenty.

I thought I would just make a thread in dedication to the last four years or so here on HM. We forget a lot about our fun experiences, so lets re-jog our memories. What cool things stick out to you as memorable?

I still remember the night when we had a competition to see who could do 100 posts in one night. That was pretty awesome.

So, cheers to HorrorMovies.ca! Feed me your thoughts and memories in the comments below!

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii597/creaturekillswell/Horrormoviesca.jpg

Re: Fun Times On Horrormovies.Ca

The site isn't even a shell of what it was 2, 3, even 4 years ago but at least it's still around.

I haven't been around all that long, but I would love to get more active here, a competition like that sounds right up my street!

I love the people most, because there is always someone who will know the answer to any question you have, and will recommend some amazing films to you.

My favourite moment was last years Halloween Horror Fest. Stayed up all night and watched tons of films and chatted over Skype to loads of you, was brilliant

This site and u guys have become a essential part of my current life and horror experience and the first place i go for anything horror. Its a diverse and vibrant community. In the words of Dr Frankenstein ITS ALIVE!. I would be Devasted if this forum was lost. Ill pledge to be a member until its end. We should have a 5 year anniversary event or something.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-06-19 19:52:54)

^^ I'll second that Vasquez! 5 year anniversary event should be something like 5 films a day for 5 days, everyone in on Skype! Would mean mad tiredness but I'm up for it tongue

After a return to forum after around 5 years I'm glad it's still kicking and there are awesome members here. And a lot of true fans. It's absolutely fantastic.

An anniversary event would be rather epic!  I'm in, of course!

I've surfed numerous horror sites for many a moon. Took me a few yrs till I joined as a member, and then at least another till I started posting. Why? Because many other notable horror sites forums I noticed a lot of bashing. Not here though!

My most memorable moment was when I was fairly new and had just started posting. Some other new member started talking shit about me. One of the other regulars (Lon) politely asked the dude to either be polite, or get the hell outta here. That's when I knew what this site, and community, was made of. Good people, with good standards, and VERY knowledgeable in the genre.

We know Kung Fu here

I just like pretty much everything, and especially that you guys support me even when the chips are down.

We haven't had a good ole knock down, drag out flame war around here for quite some time.  While they were kind of fun to watch from a distance, it is actually nice not to have that kind of drama all the time. Now it is just the occasional spamer that is getting banned.  Members have come and gone, and the site has changed a bit, but it still the best place for fans of the genre to hang out and share their knowledge.

aceofspades70 wrote:

I just like pretty much everything, and especially that you guys support me even when the chips are down.

That's because you're fucking awesome!

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

The site isn't even a shell of what it was 2, 3, even 4 years ago but at least it's still around.

I agree!
but back to Creatures OP I have to crawl up off the floor and say... the ole drunk thread was a blast lol don't mean to bring up a thing that has nothing to do with horror flicks, but it seems... sometimes I feel like I'm horror movie talked out man

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

This is true unfortunately...I just think its lack of members really. I remember when there were a ton of regular's here on hm.ca and just as many semi-regulars. I don't want to put the sight down or any of the writers or anyone else but it was better before.

I still love coming here and chatting up about horror movies and such. I have a lot of respect for most who posts here now, its just not as bussling as it used to be is all.

Oh yeah, I was talking to Creature yesterday about it and how there were a good 20-30 daily solid members and about twice that much for semi regular, once a week posts or something and it was just a better time.  But it's still here, we're still here and I believe we can make it as good as it was. 

I'm sure a lot has to do with movies as horror movies are just...more mainstream.  The horror fans are now almost everyone which is fine but ugh.  That's why Creature and I do those videos to try and introduce and point out classics that new horror "fans" don't know about

I am really happy this site is still here, man I couldn't imagine if it wasn't. I know I haven't been a regular as much as I use to be but during 2012 but I need a change and I need to visit here way more than I have been... to the unfortunate few who I haunt I will try to be a regular again to bring back the haunt... ha jk about the few tongue but who knows in truth haha

Demon, everytime I'm drunk I remember the times you me and Rip would go in the drunken thread and just talk about the most random shit

I miss RIP...

oh ya I remember too garden... reality during drunk times!

I wonder if RIP still has gun???

I still talk to Rip, great dude

and Demon, there were times where I'd get drunk just to go on HM and post haha. 

I also remember posting on HM during my honeymoon in 2010.  There was a real dedication to the site then.

I hear ya garden and ha I remember when you were gettin tied to the wreckin ball lol
I hope its still freakin peakin man

alien25 wrote:

We haven't had a good ole knock down, drag out flame war around here for quite some time.  While they were kind of fun to watch from a distance, it is actually nice not to have that kind of drama all the time.

Not going to lie, those were usually pretty awesome! lol

But I'm also glad there aren't too many of them. What kind of site would that be?

DemonToSome wrote:

I hear ya garden and ha I remember when you were gettin tied to the wreckin ball lol
I hope its still freakin peakin man

I love being married almost 2 years later and I love my wife more each day (some cliches are true haha)

Vasquez wrote:

This site and u guys have become a essential part of current life and horror experience and the first place i go for anything horror. Its a diverse and vibrant community. In the words of Dr Frankenstein ITS ALIVE!. I would be Devasted if this forum was lost. Ill pledge to be a member until its end. We should have a 5 year anniversary event or something.

I'm right there with ya, Vasquez. 5 Year Anniversary would be epic.

Man, I got on this site in '09, and started posting when I was 15, so its actually been almost three years for me, coming up this August. I started out here as pretty much a horror newbie. I've learned so much just by having conversations with everyone here. I've been turned on to so many great movies (and not just horror either). HM.CA may be just a forum, but its certainly played a large part in who I am at age 17, today. It's been pretty fun growing up with this forum, I look forward to what things are like in a few years time. Hopefully the community stays!

Last edited by The Creature (2012-06-19 19:53:29)