Re: Found Footage Films

Just watched "Area/Tape 407" - overall it's okay , nothing that will really make you jump. Left too many questions unanswered by the end. They really should have done away with the ending scene reveal , it's just way too hokey. Some things are never left unseen.

Last edited by fmvgamer (2012-06-21 07:39:05)

Zed_Chuva wrote:

Yea, I just watched Skew myself, and was very, very disappointed. It just kind of "was", and didn't do anything smart or new. And the ending... dumb as dirt. The director is PM'ing people on IMDB to explain the ending and I basically said, "If you have to tell people what your movie was about, and what the ending was, you failed as a director."

The performances were okay, but everything was so flat, nothing stood out. A couple of "boo scares", doesn't make for a scary movie.

it will be the horror channel Saturday 30 June 2012
wait until then

I watched Atrocious the other day. Was ok. As far as hand held cameras go it wasn't too bad on the shakey camera front. I have Quarentine 2 on my list and hopefully gonna get to see rec.

^UV, Quarantine 2 is not found footage or cinema verite, it is filmed normally and was just okay.  Definitely watch REC first.

I'm thinking of watching REC either tonight/tomorrow, be good to see what you think too Ultra.

There are so many found footage films that are pants, I just saw Emergo/Apartment 143. It started out well but the end was just like WTF?!

Most found footage films start alright and get terrible by the end cause the ends are all the same the camera hits the ground and you see something as it is on the ground and then the film ends with no real resolution to the problems lol

Home Movie.  5/10
slow going. not much action. bland characters

So no love for Skew? an indie canadian flick... or did it just go over your heads?

No love for Skew cause it was poorly done. It didn't go over my head at all. In fact, I think it went over the directors head, cause his vision was not captured.

I'll straight out spoiler...

SPOILERS FOR SKEW!!! (kinda)

According to the director, there

skew was a hidden film that was totally hidden and to figure it out was hidden everything about it was hidden but it didn;t go over the directors head it was all hidden. I think he thought we could read his mind!

Didn't even notice my post came out incomplete. Had a big rant about the flick, and now it's gone. Oh well, just like the movie, the point isn't there. wink

^Yeah, I didn't care much for it either.

Blair Witch Project.  Paranormal Activity is right behind that.

Watched Trollhunter today and loved it. Definitely one of the better FF films.

Zed_Chuva wrote:

Didn't even notice my post came out incomplete. Had a big rant about the flick, and now it's gone. Oh well, just like the movie, the point isn't there. wink

haha thats ok that we missed your rant about Skew lol I dont know man but I have watched it a few times mostly drunk... maybe thats when it makes sense when your wasted hmm

Anyone know the name of the movie that came out a few months ago, wasn't in the theatre all that long.

A husband & wife move into the wife's parents house, the parents are long since dead, she carries a video camera around while at the house, she works as a cleaner in a mall, she ends up going crazy, etc.

OK some of these I haven't watched so far but... lolz:
- Cannibal Holocaust (1980) After watching that I swear I would never watch any  cannibal films.

-The Paranormal Activity series.

-The Blair Witch Project.

-Cloverfield.

I'd love to know when the Toynbee Tiles (IMDB link) movie \"Resurrect Dead\" (link is to site and trailer) is coming out.

^ Az - That has been on Netflix for quite a while.  Its both on dvd and an instant.  I got it and watched it a few months ago based on your recommendation.

^^
Son of a ($U%($(*%#$(*%*($U#%*U$U%U$U%$U$%OU$OU

HOW DID  I MISS THIS!

Ghosty, you are a gentlemen among men, a prince among paupers, and I am an incredible idiot.  lol

Anyone know when V/H/S is coming out? Or where I can find it?

^^
According to this, it will be shown theatrically in October in limited release.

As for other sources, I couldn't find any easily.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-08-02 17:41:37)

azathoth wrote:

Ghosty, you are a gentlemen among men, a prince among paupers

Wow...thanks!  smile  I put it in my wait list after seeing a post by you about it and waited for it to become available.  Was pretty interesting.

I really need to see a good FF movie!  Been way too long with too many let downs.

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

I'm thinking of watching REC either tonight/tomorrow, be good to see what you think too Ultra.

There are so many found footage films that are pants, I just saw Emergo/Apartment 143. It started out well but the end was just like WTF?!

If you haven't seen REC yet make sure you do real soon, its an awesome film.
Forgwet about the remake, whats it called? oh ya quarantine sucks imo, the actress was nowhere near as good as that Spanish chick! REC is just an alover better version than holywud can do

Ghostseeker wrote:
azathoth wrote:

Ghosty, you are a gentlemen among men, a prince among paupers

Wow...thanks!  smile  I put it in my wait list after seeing a post by you about it and waited for it to become available.  Was pretty interesting.

I really need to see a good FF movie!  Been way too long with too many let downs.

I would recommend Chronicle , maybe not horror but it was filmed in a found footage style with hand held cameras and shaky cam footage.

It could have easily veered to horror though but it never did though it got pretty dark towards the end.

Last edited by fmvgamer (2012-08-03 21:42:54)