Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

I say the bigger the collection the better it is to see photos of.. personally I like to see the bigger collections.. So even if it is a couple pictures post'em up..

Meh wrote:

I have thousands of dvds and vhs tapes. So many so its become impossible to store them. I just finihed building a video jukebox and am transferring my movies to it.

Its a searchable jukebox powered by a wireless network so I can access my films anywhere in my house. Total cost was around $400 to build it. So now when im trying to find a movie I just turn on my tv, and do a quick search and hit play...

Equipment used:

- dsm320 media player
- wireless router
- 2 terabyte drive ( holds thousands of movies in VCD format )

Can you tell us a little bit more?  Like, how you set it up and everything.  You've got my full attention.

Where in the name of Philo Farnsworth did you find a 2 terabyte HD?!

Alienware makes a HD system with a built-in 2 Terabyte hard drive. Someone just told me about a 4 terabyte stand-alone external drive, but I'm not sure who makes it or where you can get it.

Can we please get some more pics?  Please?

ill put all of my horror movies onto one set of shelves so you can see all fo them, cuz they are kinda scattered around. or i can just take a pic of all my movies...

I want to see a picture of your DVD collection.  Horror or not.  smile

allrite, i took it in 4 pics so you could more easily see the movie titles.
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w238/deathgate666/100_0173.jpg
thats a new England patriots hat next to it...
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w238/deathgate666/100_0176.jpg
disney and my moms romance moves....
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w238/deathgate666/100_0175.jpg
action, sci fi and comedy... with some of my less good horror movies
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w238/deathgate666/100_0174.jpg
im letting my cousin borrow all my star wars movies, thats wat the big gap is. and my other halloween vhs isnt up there cuz im watching it right now.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w238/deathgate666/100_0177.jpg
i misse a few, i keep em in  this little tool box i made cuz i dont have room for em anywhere else...

Awesome collection, man!  Mostly VHS, but I see you got some good titles in there.  Thanks for the pic.

ya, i dnt have the money to replace vhs with dvds, so i just keep the vhs versions, if they aint broke, dont fix em

Ha, yea I have some movies on VHS that I still havent bought up to DVD yet.. Creepshow 2 being one of them.. I really got to buy the special edition DVD of that one of these days though

I have a bunch of VHS tapes, but most of them aren't horror.  "The Exorcist", "Alien", and "Jurassic Park", to name a few.

i loved jurassic park so much i had to get it on dvd.  then my fiance had them on dvd, and i still have them on vhs.  so i have three different copies: vhs, special edition dvd, and collector's edition dvd.  lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58752097@N … 174134007/

I couldn't get the picture to display, so I posted a link.

This is my collection about 1 year ago. I have moved since then and my collection has grown. The link is to a posting from a website where I entered a contest for best DVD collection. I lost.

Last edited by Greg (2007-08-17 18:22:41)

Here is the stuff that wouldnt fit on my shelves. I gotta cleanup my dvd closet and take a picture of it. The stack is 7' high and goes completely across the wall i figured the one picture kinda makes the point didnt need to try and get it all lol

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1447/collectionmc1.jpg

As for my video jukebox, a 2terabyte drive is not the biggest you can get for non-commercial use. The biggest is 4 terabyte. 4 Terabyte is external where as 2 terabyte is internal.

The setup is pretty simple as well

- wireless mediaplayer on my network
- vhs / dvd player hooked up to system
- backup to mediaplayer in dvd format
- now have a searchable video jukebox with remote control.

I have to complete transferring all my videos which is likely going to take me awhile....

SAy you want to watch that movie thats, 4 piles to the right and 14 up from the bottom. How do you get it out of there without knocking over your piles? hmm smile

haha this is the pile that doesnt fit into my nice shelving. This pile is what i am currently transfering to digital smile Its a BITCH to try and watch anything at the bottom of this pile but its temporary

Good thing it's temporary. I bet it's a bitch... It looks like its going to take along time to transfer all your DVD's over to your jukebox.
That what my cd collection looks like and I know how much a pain in the ass it is to get to the bottom.

Greg - Awesome collection, man!  I love the Freddy Krueger standee... Or, whatever it is.  tongue

Meh - That's a shitload of DVDs and VHS.  Nicely done, my man.  Although, the organization could be a little better.  tongue

Thanks for the pics, guys.

DemonToSome wrote:

Good thing it's temporary. I bet it's a bitch... It looks like its going to take along time to transfer all your DVD's over to your jukebox.
That what my cd collection looks like and I know how much a pain in the ass it is to get to the bottom.

yeah it takes a bit of time but once its done its slick.

Tim its only disorganized till its digitzed and then its fully searchable. smile

those are some bad ass collections. i really need a job to expand mine more, theres alot of movies i love that i dont have the money to buy.

oh and Tim, i still buy alot of vhs because ill go to used movie stores and they are cheaper than dvd's but its still a good movie. i need to get a job so i can buy more dvd's than vhs tongue

That's understandable, deathgate.  I wasn't criticizing you or anything, just something I noticed.

Come on, people.  I know there are more collections out there.  Post em'!

oh, no its allrite, i was just stating why i have alot of vhs, wasnt mean to sound mean or anything.

HOLY FUCK MEH! 

Well, once I find the cable that connects from my camera to my PC, I'll post the pics.