Re: A problem I have with Nightmare on Elm Street...

Will do when I'm on the laptop. Not sure how to do it on iPad. Facebook sucks balls but it has it's uses. People have proper took me on because of my dislike for Halloween, but I won't love a film because everyone else does, or hate it just because reviews are bad. Can't call myself a movie fan if I'm influenced by others.

^^
I can't stand the Hostel films, but I don't look down on people that like them.  #1 rule on HM is respect, and that includes people that have different opinions on films that you like/dislike.   

You don't like Halloween- cool by me.  Who the hell am I to judge you?  I'm  just a monkey with a knife. lol  I've found that the best way to judge someone is how they react when they disagree with you.

Same, I hate the Paranormal Activity films and Blair Witch, and have had some 'heated debates' with Ghosty on them, but I still love him! That's one of the best things about talking with other fans on here, even if you don't agree it doesn't turn into a personal thing or anything. It's just horses for courses, makes it more interesting IMO anyway

I do love Halloween and Hostel, but I'm not gonna beat on someone that doesn't. Where's the sense in that?!

After all I'm here to talk horror with other horror fans not argue them. Just so happens one day I was sitting watching noes 3 and I thought, hey wouldn't it be interesting if Freddy was innocent... Lesson learnt. Just stfu and watch the movie! Don't ask questions!

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

Same, I hate the Paranormal Activity films and Blair Witch, and have had some 'heated debates' with Ghosty on them, but I still love him! That's one of the best things about talking with other fans on here, even if you don't agree it doesn't turn into a personal thing or anything. It's just horses for courses, makes it more interesting IMO anyway

I do love Halloween and Hostel, but I'm not gonna beat on someone that doesn't. Where's the sense in that?!

Haaaate paranormal activity! It's not even a case of so bad it's good, it's just plain old bad! But I know people who won't let their toddlers have their own rooms because they are so convinced its real! IMHO that's the point in horror. I crave films that make me afraid to park my car in deserted car parks or hold it in til morning to avoid going to the loo in the dark! Blair witch did that for me but paranormal activity didn't smile

Na man, you should totally ask questions! I, for one, and loads of others here won't flame you for asking questions. Those that do, well, there's nothing you can do but explain your point and if they don't get it then so be it. Not your fault!

I think it's interesting when people bring up points that cause big discussion, that's what we're here for, right?

Been reading back through this, and I don't care if people think I'm sick/weird/whatevs, sometimes I DO cheer on the bad guy. Big deal. I enjoy watching the kills in slashers. I'm not a bad person, I don't hurt animals or people, so what does it matter?

This is an interesting thread Ultra, don't stop posting your thoughts cos I'm enjoying reading them!

Edit - reply to your last post

I know. PA was so terrible, there wasn't a single moment where I even jumped. It was so hyped it was untrue, how can NOTHING HAPPENING be scary? I've seen episodes of Scooby Doo that had more jumps in. I love to be scared. I can't remember the last film that truly scared me, but it's what I'm always looking for in a horror film. Blair Witch just didn't do it for me, if we'd have seen more maybe it would have. I'm all for implying things, and building atmosphere but both of those films I just found boring

Last edited by HorrorQueen17 (2012-06-27 08:14:42)

Paranormal Activity would have been great as a 30 minute short.  It had so much damn filler in it!  And I liked the alternate ending better.  I liked Blair Witch because I'm a huge hiking guy, so I could relate to the desperation & isolation.  Shaky cam, no!

A film I found that is in he Blair Witch format, but a tad different, in The Last Broadcast.  I find that more enjoyable.

I'm not a found footage person. I liked atrocious but I wish it hadn't copped out at the end. I hate it when films are good but the endings kill them.  I really want to see Poughkeepsie tapes though. Looks screwed.

That's why I love the final destination movies. They just have the most epic deaths. Rory for example! Or Texas battles death in number 3! I loved the new mothers day because it was menacing and completely mean spirited, but equally I like vengeance movies. I spit on your grave is fucked up but the revenge makes the first hour worth enduring. The rape scene made me sick but the film needed a brutal rape to make the revenge worthy. I like mean spirited. But I like light hearted. Black christmas, evil dead, tucker and dale. All with awesome deaths but it's fun! Noes is a fun as hell film.
Laughable and twisted in equal measures. I don't care if that makes me sick in the head. I've never hurt anyone in my life, not intent illy anyway bar a fight I had with a girl in school haha.

^^
One of my favorites of all time is from FD2.  The scene in the field with the flying barbed wire fence.  First time I saw it I was "Whoooaaaa!"

I'm not a big fan of found footage in general either. Some is good but most is just so samey and unoriginal, and not remotely scary.

I love revenge movies. I like brutal, violent films. Not all the time, but I can appreciate it and it certainly doesn't put me off of a film. I much prefer revenge style films to comedy films, really not keen on most of them at all. Light hearted films, like Sleepaway Camp etc. are fine, but intentional horror comedy isn't my bag.

The Final Destination films are awesome. I love seeing inventive kills, and the ones in the FD series are definitely that. Also, the pin on the gymnastics bench in the latest one made me cringe so much it was untrue!

I spent all of that scene waiting for it! But some are unexpected like Teri being hit by the bus in the first and the pipe through the head in 2. The build ups can be as good as the deaths themselves.

I love revenge. I feel it spurs the film on more than simply killing for fun. I tend to prefer cold revenge to revenge that's heartfelt. Jennifer from I spit on your grave and the agent from I saw the devil are amazing with their revenge. The Koreans do revenge best IMHO.

I do love a horror comedy. Tucker and dale and Shaun of the dead get repeat viewing. Beatlejuice is my favourite film wink

"Your suffering will be legendary even in Hell."

azathoth wrote:

"Your suffering will be legendary even in Hell."

Thumbs up!

UltraViolence wrote:

I spent all of that scene waiting for it! But some are unexpected like Teri being hit by the bus in the first and the pipe through the head in 2. The build ups can be as good as the deaths themselves.

I love revenge. I feel it spurs the film on more than simply killing for fun. I tend to prefer cold revenge to revenge that's heartfelt. Jennifer from I spit on your grave and the agent from I saw the devil are amazing with their revenge. The Koreans do revenge best IMHO.

I do love a horror comedy. Tucker and dale and Shaun of the dead get repeat viewing. Beatlejuice is my favourite film wink

I think I do revenge pretty well lol wink

Tucker and Dale is one of my all time fave movies, my mom and my best friend love it too and those too hate horror so I know its good if they like it

Everyone who comes to our house for drinks has to watch Tucker and Dale. Introduced 3 people to it so far and each have loved it!

It's sealed- Tucker and Dale is prime-time for the next Movie Night.  I'll wrap some other movies around it.  Say about 3-5 weeks.

Awesome! Down for that if I can. time differences and all.

Ghosts of Mars is literally the only Carpenter film I haven't seen besides the one with Chevy Chase.  I better get on it.  I'm sure if some people love it, I will find myself enjoying it.

It's not cinematic genius but it's fun. Not his best but certainly not his worst.

azathoth wrote:

I don't like "Devil's Rejects,"  tongue

Can we start a disrespectful thread based on that comment? Please? Pretty please??? Come'on.. it'll be a riot!!!

UltraViolence wrote:

It's not cinematic genius but it's fun. Not his best but certainly not his worst.

Ghost of Mars is really a lot of fun, and a cool cast with Pam Grier, Ice Cube, and a little known actor (back then) by the name of Jason Statham.

Bunshinsaba wrote:
azathoth wrote:

Can we start a disrespectful thread based on that comment? Please? Pretty please??? Come'on.. it'll be a riot!!!

OK-
"I don't like Devil's Rejects.  People who do are dumbheads and eat brussel sprouts."
Good?

azathoth wrote:
Bunshinsaba wrote:
azathoth wrote:

OK-
"I don't like Devil's Rejects.  People who do are dumbheads and eat brussel sprouts."
Good?

Brussel sprouts... eeeeeewwwww!!!!

^^
"I reject your reality and replace it with my insanity."
(I actually like them, lol  )