Topic: Watching movies depending on conditions

For example

I almost always watch Werewolf movies on a full moon.  Rarely get them out otherwise.  I also very rarely watch a scary movie during the day, unless the scary movie takes place mostly in daytime.  A movie like Nightmare On Elm St you just HAVE to watch at night, and I also like falling asleep to those movies as well considering those movies are about SLEEP.  I have a Nightmare On Elm St 4 poster hanging over my bed.  I call it my dreamcatcher.   

Jaws on the 4th of July because it takes place on 4th of July weekend.  Just a great 4th of July Horror film as is SILVER BULLET.  Coincidentally it is going to be a full moon on the 4th this year, just like in the movie. 

Anytime there is any glimpse of a fog in my area I will put in Carpenter's the Fog.

Silent Night Deadly Night on Xmas and any other Xmas themed Horror movie, and just about any Horror movie is good in the month of October of course.

When Friday the 13th comes around a couple times a year I get right in the mood to watch some of those.  And for some reason on weekends if I am going to watch a scary movie, I'd rather it be something like Scream which has more of a party feel, than somethin' like Child's Play. 

Does anyone else do this?  What conditions do you think about before watching a scary movie?

Oh and also, anytime I'm unsure if I want to watch a comedy or a horror, I will pick something like Ghostbusters, or The Burbs or something like that.  Get good 80s comedy and horror out of both.  Also anytime I feel like possibly watching something with great females, I will watch Scream 1 or Scream 4.

Re: Watching movies depending on conditions

You're nicely obsessed prince...

Haha not as obsessed as it might seem.  I watch maybe one movie a night, non horror as much as horror.  These are just thoughts that go through my head before sliding one in. 

But yea, I definitely love movies.

It is always so damn hard to pick something out, I do sometimes have to get clever by walking outside and looking at a full moon to get me in the mood.

I hear ya man but too bad... obsessed is good as long as ya donty have a long sharp knife you call sally and ... oh shit theres too many if for me lol

I was just messin with ya but ya it is hard to chose what movie to watch thers soooo many.

Me I love low budget indies but not the ones that are so bad I need a valium I'm usually ok just without it

We run Movie Nights themed to whatever time of the year is, so I understand what you're saying.

I personally get into moods; like for a while (a week or 2) I'll want to watch atmospheric stuff, then maybe comedy horror, then action horror, then toss in some TV show ghost hunting stuff, then maybe some sci-fi, etc.

But mostly its Planet of the Apes Night, eh az?

^^
I don't need to watch it, I live it baby!  big_smile

I'm like Az, I don't go so much by time of the year I go by how I feel. Recently I've been on a real 80's slashers kick, I wanted something fairly upbeat and fun to cheer me up. If I want something quite 'cosy' as in, won't shock me, not too gruesome, I put on something like Scream.

Right now I'm in the mood for something spooky and atmospheric. I think it's because we did Insidious last night.

I go by mood too but I do tend to watch the same movies at Halloween. Except halloween for obvious reasons to those who know me. Usually NOES and all my FDs. Saw makes it's appearance around then too.

Damn I was hoping to not be the only one....

I love the Saw films, don't care what anyone says about them! I watch them all the time but I usually have a marathon of them around Halloween time

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

I love the Saw films, don't care what anyone says about them! I watch them all the time but I usually have a marathon of them around Halloween time

This!

UltraViolence wrote:
HorrorQueen17 wrote:

This!

Agreed.