Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

Resurrect Dead - About the Toynbee Tiles.  Pretty good.  Very interesting.  Nice recommendation Az.

moviebuff1989 wrote:

The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 1 Leaked, Watch Now -- IncurringTheWrathOfTheMonkey.stupid

Reported

Nightmare Factory - a great doc about KNB Effects and Greg Nicotero, very entertaining.

History Channel documentary on the Tibetan Book of the Dead, or, "Great Liberation By Hearing in the Intermediate State".

Nightmares in Red, White, and Blue. Fantastic. Just Fantastic.

Midnight Movies. Great little doc about the six classic midnight movies and how they became the biggest cult movies of today. Features El Topo, Night of the living dead, Pink Flamingos, Rocky Horror Picture Show, The harder they come and Eraserhead. Interviews with all the directors and the guys at the cinemas where the films made their name. George Romero is a particular favourite when it comes to interviews, the guy is just brilliant.

Capturing the Friedmans. Such a depressing documentary on a family torn apart by child abuse. It was nice to see it from the abusers familys point of view because people forget they are victims too. At the end seeing the video footage of the young friedman children playing together and with their parents innocently years before anything, after hearing of the distruction Arnold caused was harrowing, saddening and tragic. A well made doc with a real heartbreaking subject matter.

Just watched a quantum physics doc, "What The Bleep Do We Know?!"

Mind = Blown

The American Nightmare (2000) : Explores Landmark films in American Horror or within certain Directors filmography (E.g NOTLD DOTD TCM LHOTL Shivers and Halloween) in a specifically political and sociological context. I knew quite a lot of the points raised in the various conversations (Savinis involvement in Vietnam) within the doc but learned some new stuff aswell so, personally this was well worth the watch. The overriding message I got from it though was (and this is particularly directed to non horror audiences)

HORROR - This is how the world REALLY is - FCKN DEAL WITH IT!
Though we cant control history, too bad politicians and we as humankind are too ignorant to FACE and learn from it.  Ladies and gentlemen, thats where Horror films can come in.

Think I'll have to keep an eye out for that one vasquez smile

Food, Inc
Bowling For Columbine
Religiulous

The People VS George Lucas

Awesome!  Very entertaining.

Explosion 1812

Toronto / York keepin you dudes in the south.... south of us!

The Making of Alien 3.

Bela Lugosi: Hollywood's Dark Prince.

The Worlds As I See It (Documentary on Albert Einstein)
The Fabric of the Cosmos: Quantum Leap (Nova documentary)

Currently enjoying Best Worst Movie (2009) about Troll 2. The film itself has proved pretty elusive, but the documentary is easier to find so I decided to use the time Georgia is watching Barbie to watch it. It's a pretty beautiful doc to be fair.

Never Sleep Again - The Elm Street Legacy. A very nice little doc featuring Wes Craven and some of the cast and crew involved in the creation of one of the scariest horror movies in the genre. Nightmare on Elm Street is one of my favourite films of all time and is probably my favourite horror movie. I'm a big fan of Craven and this doc has made me find a whole new respect for Elm Street. It tells the story of the conception, creation and troubles of Elm Street and documents all the problems they faced with a low budget. I think every Freddy fan should watch this big_smile

Last edited by UltraViolence (2012-07-05 09:57:49)

How The Universe Works

Doc. series with Mike Rowe narrorating. I'm about 5 episodes in, pretty decent so far.

I've been looking all over the 'net for "Still Screaming: The Ultimate Scary Movie Retrospective".  If anyone has a lead on it, gimme a holler.

BBC's History of Horror

National Geographic: Stonehenge Decoded
National Geographic: The Maya
Behind the Music: Iggy Pop
Manifesting The Mind: Footprints of the Shaman
"Stupidity" - CBC Documentary

The Captains - Doc on all the actors who have played the role of Captain in the Star Trek world. Very entertaining and since I'm a Trekkie I absolutely loved it!

LoudLon wrote:

I've been looking all over the 'net for "Still Screaming: The Ultimate Scary Movie Retrospective".  If anyone has a lead on it, gimme a holler.

It's on youtube smile

Oh, that's awesome.  The last time I checked, youtube was only carrying the trailer for it.  Thanks, Ms. G!

^^ Welcome smile