Topic: The HM Encyclopedia

This thread(*) will serve as a written compendium that contains information on certain members, events, etc. of the Horror Movie.ca

Any who wish to contribute, let me know as I'm willing to add anyone else who wants in.

Prologue: Who are we?

HorrorMovies.ca also known as "HM.ca" or simply "HM" isn't your typical horror forum as it's drawn a vast array of unique and devoted members who have been here for years and in a way is like a melting pot, drawing members from different backgrounds. These members serve as an integral part of HM's community and make it the forum it is today. We have become a close and extremely friendly community, and the forum has stayed strong through all that time. Though there have been, and always will be, difficult times of contestation and discontent, we always seem to get through it and find our way back to being an enjoyable and acceptable community. Infinite debts of gratitude are due to the members of the staff of this forum who have worked far beyond their calls of duty in order to keep the forum healthy. We honor them (the current staff) here:
Meh
Cap Howdy
LoudLon
Deadhorse

Last edited by Tripod (2012-07-04 19:26:05)

Re: The HM Encyclopedia

The HorrorMovies.ca

Volume 1: Members Entries

AZATHOTH

This man, also known as "Azz", "Azzy", or "Monkey lover" has proven to be a devoted and well-liked member here to the HM community and has been here through the thick and thin in HM's hierarchy. Az has proven to be quite the monkey fanatic, often sporting monkey avatars of sorts and bringing up his affinity for monkeys from time to time, because honestly, who doesn't love monkeys. Az is always optimistic, upbeat, and likes to spread the sheer joy of monkeys on HM.

http://i46.tinypic.com/xpsgm9_th.jpg
---------------------------------
THE CREATURE

The Creature aka "Creatch" is just as much as a big horror fan is also a big fan of music. The Creature has proven to also have a love for film-making too and is quite the spokesperson, with his short films and horror podcasts. If it weren't for The Creature, he wouldn't have helped me realise my appreciation for music and is quite knowledgeable when it comes to things music related.
http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii597/creaturekillswell/BaldGuy.jpg
-------------------------------------------
UNDERDOG

Underdog has proven to be strong and powerful, just like the cartoon character himself.

Underdog in a way, is like the teacher of the forum just as he is in real life. He has proven to be helpful, guiding, and a devoted family man. People could learn a thing or two from him, as he always does whats right in the end and is the type of person you can look up to, because knowledge is power and he has both, and is to put it simply, the underdog.
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg62/scaled.php?server=62&filename=157og.jpg&res=landing
-----------------------------------------------
WOLFMAN1959

Wolfman1959 aka "wolfie" has proven to be the unique indivisual, with his coining of the term "Bollocks" and his knack for the ladies. Wolfie has what I'd like to call "Bollock$wag" because Wolfie is THE man, partly because he's British and because he gets all the ladies. Wolfie can make you howl, because he isn't just the man, he's a beast.
http://www.prosportstickers.com/product_images/x/batman_signal_with_boobs_vinyl_decal_sticker__03844_thumb.jpg
------------------------------------------------
REVENGEBITEME

Revengebitme aka "Vengey"  is a prominent member of the board, she's proven to be dedicated to forum and  its well being. Vengey has a kind heart and is shown to be a caring and affectionate person, and loves her niece who like her, is adorable.  Vengey has a big heart, and always stands tall rhrough what life throws, and no matter what has proven to be a strong person through it all. Vengey is an all-around caring person with her love for her family, and makes me wish their were more people like her out their.
http://i48.tinypic.com/35hgxau_th.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------
DEMONTOSOME

DemonToSome is God.

Right from the start, he's caught us as a very “unique” individual. He always brings the best with his personality, and he has certainly become a hit with us. He usually says everything in a light and goofy manner, with many laughs resulting. He hangs out with friends a lot and parties hard. He also posts uncoventional but his hilarious drunk posts.

He has become quite popular for certain occasions when he came online and posted while intoxicated. The resulting posts had incredibly jumbled letters, but still somehow legible and hilarious. Also included was a bit of brutal honestly, only adding to his already ridiculous but hilarious actions.

It has been officially decided that he really is the second coming.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DIRTYGIRL
http://webresizer.com/session/CxWeej544TXBcmsfQBchBvRAveEdz04U/result.jpg?1341445146.13581
DirtyGirl is a mother, a biker, and a horror fan at heart. With her love of horror movies, she's introduced her son to it as well as exposing him to horror conventions and meeting several horror alumni too, because passing on the awesomeness of horror and all things horror related is definitely something to pass on.  Not only does she go to horror convetions with her son, she also likes to go biking and is quite the athletic person. DirtyGirl is the type of person you'd want to have as a mom, and is one tough cookie you don't wanna mess with.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HORRORQUEEN17

HorrorQueen17 is a genuinely caring and concerning person with a charming naiveté , she also likes women and takes no shame in showing it, because honestly, who doesn't like women? She also deeply cares and is always their for her girlfriend, and knows how to treat a women right which makes me happy knowing she truly cares for her girlfriend. HQ adds a nice flavor to the forum, and I look forward to future conversations with her.
-------------------------------------------------
DEADHORSE13
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd113/seckerb/0511173004a.jpg
HMs talented rock musician! This man knows his way around a drum and guitar and knows how to rock. Coming out of the ashes he recently picked up his activity and has made a ton of contribution to the forum. A warm hearted, easy-going, kind individual who is devoted to music just as much as horror movies and offers great insight on music and horror. DH is also known for his path to quitting smoking, and I appreciate him for his commitment.
-------------------------------
SWOLLENGUY
http://webresizer.com/session/JPZEcrgCFVPlghRYTdl3mL9iDpT4CJ1V/result.jpg?1341446478.07944
Swollenguy is a talented writer, as well as a husband and father. Swollenguy is a man known for his words, with his book "The Swollen Corpse" and is always well spoken and strong as a writer should be. With his knowledge of Horror Literature, swollenguy has proven to be quite the passionate reader and he takes pride in his work, just as much as his dedication is one of his strong points.

Last edited by Tripod (2012-07-04 19:21:31)

http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/ul/93061-thumbs%20up%20monkey3.jpg

Hear, hear! Nicely done, Tri. Looking forward to your volume 2.

Shabby idea, man.

Last edited by The Creature (2012-06-30 04:20:34)

Tripod wrote:

The HorrorMovies.ca

AZATHOTH

This man, also known as "Azz", "Azzy", or "Monkey lover" has proven to be a devoted and well-liked member here to the HM community and has been here through the thick and thin in HM's hierarchy. Az has proven to be quite the monkey fanatic, often sporting monkey avatars of sorts and bringing up his affinity for monkeys from time to time, because honestly, who doesn't love monkeys. Az is always optimistic, upbeat, and likes to spread the sheer joy of monkeys on HM.

THE CREATURE

The Creature aka "Creatch" is just as much as a big horror fan is also a big fan of music. The Creature has proven to also have a love for film-making too and is quite the spokesperson, with his short films and horror podcasts. If it weren't for The Creature, he wouldn't have helped me realise my appreciation for music and is quite knowledgeable when it comes to things music related.
UNDERDOG

Underdog has proven to be strong and powerful, just like the cartoon character himself.

Underdog in a way, is like the teacher of the forum just as he is in real life. He has proven to be helpful, guiding, and a devoted family man. People could learn a thing or two from him, as he always does whats right in the end and is the type of person you can look up to, because knowledge is power and he has both, and is to put it simply, the underdog.
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg62/scaled.php?server=62&filename=157og.jpg&res=landing
WOLFMAN1959

Wolfman1959 aka "wolfie" has proven to be the unique indivisual, with his coining of the term "Bollocks" and his knack for the ladies. Wolfie has what I'd like to call "Bollock$wag" because Wolfie is THE man, partly because he's British and because he gets all the ladies. Wolfie can make you howl, because he isn't just the man, he's a beast.
REVENGEBITEME

Revengebitme aka "Vengey"  is a prominent member of the board, she's proven to be dedicated to forum and  its well being. Vengey has a kind heart and is shown to be a caring and affectionate person, and loves her niece who like her, is adorable.  Vengey has a big heart, and always stands tall rhrough what life throws, and no matter what has proven to be a strong person through it all. Vengey is an all-around caring person with her love for her family, and makes me wish their were more people like her out their.
VOLUME 2 COMING SOON

bollocks wag ! i like that.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2012-07-01 04:08:43)

^^
Dave, you never irritate us when you are down or in a self-loathing mood.  We just want to make sure you'll be there tomorrow, because we'd miss you.
And I'm glad you vented; good to see you just let loose once in a while.

@ Wolfman--- I don't use your real name often, but I'm gonna make it an exception this time. "Dave, my man, it would kill me if I found out you did something to harm yourself!" So, don't ever do that!! In no way have you ever offended, bothered, irritated, bored, or pissed me off. I'm a guy who appreciates those who " tell it like it is, and are out spoken." Therefore I appreciate that quality in you. Not to mention that, your kind, caring, giving, funny, and always have a sexy avatar, in which I always look forward to seeing big_smile.  Am I feeling sorry for you? Hell no! But, I do feel bad for you, having to fight those daily demons. " Your a good man, Dave!" And I'm proud to have got to know you.

@ Tripod-- Nice write up. You too are a fighter. Another great quality I admire in people. From what I know of you. You've had to over come many obstacles in your life, and despite getting knocked down, you get right back up.

Seems to me that over the last several months you've come to terms with who you are, and your ok with that. As well as you should be! Your a fine man! One who contributes to this site, making it a better place to hang out, bring your own style to the forums, and  letting it all hang out." I like your style, and appreciate your enthusiasm, Tri!!  Thanks for the cool write up on me. You make me proud to be a part of this awesome site, and have friends such as yourself and many others here!!

Tripod-awesome job dude cant wait for part 2! and you are sweet smile

UD-oddly you were in a dream I had last night/this morning lol

Wolfie-You know I how I feel on the subject. I love you.

Last edited by revengebiteme (2012-06-30 12:48:57)

revengebiteme wrote:

Really. I'm curious now?? Was I in my human form? big_smile

Underdog wrote:
revengebiteme wrote:

you were! you were warning me against going somewhere I cant remember details but you were very adamant that I not go wherever it was that I was headed lol

revengebiteme wrote:
Underdog wrote:
revengebiteme wrote:

you were! you were warning me against going somewhere I cant remember details but you were very adamant that I not go wherever it was that I was headed lol

if he was warning you not to go somewhere, it was proberly around Deadhorse's abode! :I

wolfman1959 wrote:
Tripod wrote:

The HorrorMovies.ca

AZATHOTH

THE CREATURE

UNDERDOG

WOLFMAN1959

REVENGEBITEME

VOLUME 2 COMING SOON

that's a brave thing you're doing Tripod! people only know what i want them to know about me because i am very |" Complex " shall we say and they don't believe what i say or don't like it  or simply can't take it.that's in person and on line although i appreciate it is more difficult on line. therefore " Unique " with me is about right. i am a very " from the heart" person  and will ALWAYS say what i feel and i hope people can tell when i'm joking and when i'm serious, when i'm serious i mean it. there have been people on here in the past ( and proberly now)  that haven't liked that. i'm not going to change now so like it or lump it. i seem to have this reputation as a "Ladies man"and i accept i am responsible for that with the way i talk on here and real life. again that is difficult because on this site there is NOBODY on here that knows me personally has been in my company. on facebook there is and they laugh at that reputation because they know  how out of sorts that is. i see i'm the only one that you haven't included a picture of ! there are quite a few on the forum and i don't blame you i'm no oil painting. it's no secret i talk about how i feel a bout my depression, i don't do that looking for sympathy i  care very little about me, that gets on people's nerves, irritates them. i do it to get things off my chest and in some hopeful but proberly misguided way i try to help others who i have found there are a lot on here who also suffer to some degree. you take me as i am, you don't mind that, great, you don't like it , you tell me you don't .then we leave each other alone. i am not somebody anybody has to be afraid of, when i say i love you i do ,and i mean it i say it to a lot of people it may seem strange that i can say that when i have no love or regard for myself. it is strange, it drives me to despair try living with it 24 hours a day as i do, as MY WIFE does, somebody you know even less about . no reason you should but she has been with me 20 years we have been married 17 years this August. she has given me a wonderful son in Andrew who i am very proud of and pray to god or whatever it is that makes us what we are that he takes after his mother more than he does me that he doesn't go through a lot of what i go through.you have no idea at times what my wife has been through, she has been scaed in the past to go out to leave me alone because she has been frightened that she would find i'd done something to myself. she has stopped me, taken knifes from me , bottles of drink, drugs chased me up the road to get them back when she found i'd gone out with them. she's with me still, i've hurt her a fucking hell of a lot not physically of course but worse but SHE IS STILL WITH ME .You think i don't appreciate that, you think i would throw that, all she has given me out of her life in her face! think again !!! that's what i say to those  who think i don't respect most people. people who have wronged me, have done wrong to me i don't respect or people who are downright cruel to other adults, kids, or animals, liars, conceited and false people, people who think they are better than everyone else they don't get my respect. there is very little that i do that Jackie my wife doesn't know about, she knows i love people because i've  told her and she has no problem with that. it don't mean to say that if i met you that i'm going to throw myself at you and fuck the brains out of you or that i expect you to do the same to me.it's more than that with me, people can't seem to grasp that.i'm too honest with myself and others and so called " Experts" don't know what to do with me, i've found that and i don't know what the fuck to do eithier most of the time and i'm so tired of it but i live with it because ultimately in a while i know how it's going to end.i've proberly said too much  and proberly going to get myself banned off here now and even lose people as friends on here.  so to those who think or have said i have a lot of disrespect yeah i do for myself! if you think that i have that for other people you couldn't be more wrong  and you have issues with 99.9 % of the world's male population because that's how we are and when it comes down to it most of the females to. i'm sorry TRIPOD i've messed up your forum thread and i proberly shouldn't have put this here, mod's feel  free to take it off , take me off do what the hell you want. people say they want me to vent, i've vented. bollocks wag ! i like that. this is not a dig at any of you ( not anybody that is still here anyway). nothing else to say so whatever will be will be.

Wolfie,  you are a fantastic friend online.  You have always been there for me whenever I needed anything with a smile and a kind word!  I may not know you personally, but it's easy to figure out that you are honest and true!  The fact that you have been married to your lovely wife for 17 years makes me like you even more.  I have been married to my husband for 23 years now and we were highschool sweethearts before that.  Believe me, we would all miss you if you disappeared from the forum.  So promise me you are not going anywhere! 

Tripod, you are a brave soul to take on this project.  But, I have to mention that you forgot the most important person on this website, Meh.  Without all his hard work and devotion, there would be no HM!  He works tirelessly to update this site and make sure it runs smoothly for us.  He does all this because he is a Horror Movie Fan and cares about this commmunity.  He is constantly thinking of new ways to improve the site and it's content.  I love being part of this communtiy and plan to be around for many years to come!

I dont get this thread but count me in im a horromovie.ca fucker umm

DirtyGirl wrote:
wolfman1959 wrote:
Tripod wrote:

The HorrorMovies.ca

AZATHOTH

THE CREATURE

UNDERDOG

WOLFMAN1959

REVENGEBITEME

VOLUME 2 COMING SOON

Wolfie,  you are a fantastic friend online.  You have always been there for me whenever I needed anything with a smile and a kind word!  I may not know you personally, but it's easy to figure out that you are honest and true!  The fact that you have been married to your lovely wife for 17 years makes me like you even more.  I have been married to my husband for 23 years now and we were highschool sweethearts before that.  Believe me, we would all miss you if you disappeared from the forum.  So promise me you are not going anywhere! 

Tripod, you are a brave soul to take on this project.  But, I have to mention that you forgot the most important person on this website, Meh.  Without all his hard work and devotion, there would be no HM!  He works tirelessly to update this site and make sure it runs smoothly for us.  He does all this because he is a Horror Movie Fan and cares about this commmunity.  He is constantly thinking of new ways to improve the site and it's content.  I love being part of this communtiy and plan to be around for many years to come!

DirtyGirl wrote:
wolfman1959 wrote:
Tripod wrote:

The HorrorMovies.ca

AZATHOTH

THE CREATURE

UNDERDOG

WOLFMAN1959

REVENGEBITEME

VOLUME 2 COMING SOON

bollocks wag ! i like that.

wow ! what a great idea !! I love what you wrote about everyone !! well done .

@wolfy - dont make punish you ( you know Id like it )

I'm just glad my entry wasn't just:
"Azathoth- Bizarre freak boy" with a pic of the Monkey Shines clapping monkey.
lol

Nifty project.  Always interesting to see other peoples' perceptions on your friends.

I updated it with more entries. smile

Thanks Tripod for the nice description smile   

Just adding a bit to Deadhorse-  He is one of the most knowledgeable people on Horror I have ever known.  When I first started tagging genres for the tomb, he was one of the first people I asked for help.  He was more than willing to go through my list of movies and help me out any way he could!

^^
You never did say how the kids liked Evil Dead.

Well, they watched Pet Sematary and said that it wasn't scary at all.  (yeah right)  And during the next sleep over they watched Insidious and Evil Dead.  They thought Insidious was very scary and they seemed confused about Evil Dead.  I think they are planning on watching Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness next  smile

^^ Army of Darkness is a favorite of my 2 sons. They both like Fido also.

Youll take a while to get to me (if u do include me) seeing as my username starts with a V. At least u guys can get to know me better till then.

This is a neat idea! Keep it up!

I got 10 members down. big_smile