Topic: I Saw The Devil

I you're a fan of Old Boy's Choi Min-Sik, then you definately need to check out the trailer for his upcoming movie "I Saw the Devil."  This film looks great!  big_smile

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhlb5QI35DQ[/youtube]

Synopsis: Kyung-chul is a dangerous psychopath who kills for pleasure. He has committed infernal serial murders in diabolic ways that one cannot even imagine and his victims range from young women to even children. The police have chased him for a long time, but were unable to catch him. One day, Joo-yeon, daughter of a retired police chief becomes his prey and is found dead in a horrific state.

Her fiance Dae-hoon, a top secret agent, decides to track down the murderer himself. He promises himself that he will do everything in his power to take bloody vengeance against the killer, even if it means that he must become a monster himself to get this monstrous and inhumane killer.

The movie is due for release overseas in August.  Hopeflly, it wont be too long until we are able to get it on DVD.

-deadmanwalkin

Re: I Saw The Devil

I have read it's reviews from two sites & there I got the positive views of this movie. So I think it can be a superb movie.

Just watched the trailer, looks badass!  You're link went dead - deadmanwalkin.  here's another

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdyyp0 … shortfilms

looks really good

I'll have to check that film out. Thanks.

looks good. thanks for sharing

I saw his witch helper once, in my living-room wall.

I see the Devill all the time...  he keeps trying to give me back my soul for some strange reason.....

Anyways.. Im digging this movie !!!  looking forward to getting the DVD when released.

he probably realizes two things, Mistress:  one - he needs you far more than you need him and even the strongest of personalities can only stand to be so 'horny'  wink

and on the serious tip, this does look quite frigging cool  smile

Looks cool...ill have to check it out

It gets good marks over at Twitchfilm.

MistressOf Horror wrote:

I see the Devill all the time...  he keeps trying to give me back my soul for some strange reason.....

Anyways.. Im digging this movie !!!  looking forward to getting the DVD when released.

If you do take it back you should probably have it dry-cleaned.

swollenguy wrote:
MistressOf Horror wrote:

If you do take it back you should probably have it dry-cleaned.

yeah but it was dirty when I sold it...those blood stains NEVER get out...

hey guys, you can find the movie I Saw the Devil here.

http://a-bittersweet-life.tumblr.com/

pimpin my wares:

there's an I Saw The Devil review over at my blog I just upped Wednesday
http://coitusandcarnage.blogspot.com/20 … devil.html

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2011-01-14 16:29:36)

loved your review Deady.... I plan on watching this film this wekend wink

I saw this movie.. whoa ! it blew me away.. and yes there are parts that are a bit unbelievable, but its such a non stop ride you can forgive them for that...  I highly recommend this movie to everyone !!!

I loved this movie and director Kim Ji-Woon is amazing. Everything from I Saw the Devil to Tale of Two Sisters. Bittersweet Life (also Kim Ji-Woon) is probably my favorite Korean film, but I Saw the Devil is definitely up there too! Both actors were so awesome in this also!

A frikkin awesome film. Nuff said.

Amen

A Tour De Force in filmmaking. Best film of 2011. 10 out a 10

Couldn't agree more. I loved it.

It's the first movie in a while to make me sit up and go "FUCKING WOW!". Brutality isn't strong enough word but it's a pretty emotional movie. Not as much  as Oldboy but pretty close. Korea once again proves they are a master in the art.