Topic: Rules for this Board!

If you would like us to cover your event as news, just drop me an email. This board is used to promote contests and events that our sites are involved in! So dont spam our board. My email is under my avatar. Questions about thse very simple rules you can post and I or Goon or Deadmanwalkin will respond to them smile

Re: Rules for this Board!

I noticed that 'interviews' is part of the board's title. To make sure that I do not get into trouble, I'd like to know if it is permissible to post horror-related interviews that we find.*

*I'm new to the site, so please forgive any silly questions.

Last edited by MidnightRaven (2007-12-09 18:41:19)

OOps, sorry..I just did an event.

Nellie

I'm confused, too. I see a lot of people posting about their own events--is this ok, or should we send stuff to you first?

Best choice of action is to email Meh (the main man) at scoops@horror-movies.ca if you are unsure.  Long time members and certain partners have an established latitude due to a standing relationship.  Generally, personal stuff is fine; promoting something runs into the gray zone, which, come to think of it, I may myself have done last night.  Crap.

Anyhoo, send an email to Meh for clarification.  He's all about the love of the genre, but of course doesn't want his stuff to be abused.

Oh, crap.  If any of my posts about the book (I've kept them all in one thread) are a problem, it won't happen again.

J.N. wrote:

Oh, crap.  If any of my posts about the book (I've kept them all in one thread) are a problem, it won't happen again.

You're fine.  It's that I forgot to ask Meh first since I reference an author from another review site.

update- Meh approved the review

Last edited by azathoth (2011-03-20 10:59:37)

azathoth wrote:

Best choice of action is to email Meh (the main man) at scoops@horror-movies.ca if you are unsure.  Long time members and certain partners have an established latitude due to a standing relationship.  Generally, personal stuff is fine; promoting something runs into the gray zone, which, come to think of it, I may myself have done last night.  Crap.

Anyhoo, send an email to Meh for clarification.  He's all about the love of the genre, but of course doesn't want his stuff to be abused.

Hey, I emailed but didn't get a reply. Basically, I want to give away swag for my website, if people promise they will share it with others. Obviously on the honor system. Do you think it'd be ok to post something here? Or is there a better place to post? Or is that spamming?

This is not official, keep in mind-

Meh seems to have been busy recently, he's not responded to my emails either.

Since you've been around for a while (i.e. not a post and run guy), I think you would be OK giving away swag.

hell, I give everyone shit around here and get away with it  wink

deadhorse13 wrote:

hell, I give everyone shit around here and get away with it  wink

So far....
<insert Jaws theme here>

Ok, thanks az. And I'll keep in mind the Jaws of the Monkey God! smile

dar wrote:

Monkey God!

No need to write those two words together...they are synonymous for Az.  smile

Hell if anyone is giving stuff away, i am all for it, count me in.

Cool! I will be doing it soon, when I get back home from travelling.

Ghostseeker wrote:
dar wrote:

Monkey God!

No need to write those two words together...they are synonymous for Az.  smile

I bow to your wisdom.

I wanted to post about zombie races in general and one in particular that I'm going to enter (but that I am not affiliated with and not promoting).  Can I get away with that (being fairly new) or would posting it get me stabbed to death, only to come back to life for one more scare and then being stabbed to death again for good this time (until a sequel setup after the credits)?

^^
That sounds fine.  We talk about the things we go to all the time.  If it's something you think we would be interested in, and not just trying to pimp it, it's good.  The annoying ones are the people that sign up, don't say hello, leave a bunch of links to website, Facebook, trailers, etc. and never come back.

Does anyone want o buy cheap shoes?  Check out my website!

www.notarealwebsite.com

Haha OK I'll post the event.

^^
Well played, sir.