Topic: Night Of The Demons Discussion

Here we can discuss anything related to Night of the Demons, even if it the horrible remake. Share your favorite scenes, actors, films, anything related to the Night of the Demons films. If you have any cool links, or youtube clips you would like to share then go ahead. >>

Last edited by BrandonM (2012-07-02 01:24:28)

Re: Night Of The Demons Discussion

I've rented this movie a couple times.  Definitely enjoyed it the second time more than the first.  I am huge on anything 80s especially movies but for some reason I don't LOVE night of the demons.  I did enjoy it more upon the second viewing, especially noticing that it might have been one of Cabin in the Woods many influences.  I mean of course Cabin in the Woods referenced a million things but I actually feel Cabin in the Woods was influenced heavier by a couple dozen movies besides the obvious Evil Dead.  It kind of reminds me of Return of the Living Dead, just as far as the music and campiness, which is good but not one of my favorites either.  I dno, I wouldn't be surprised if I watched it again and liked it even more.

I think its a fun movie (the original) and for me a must for the collection. A scene that I always remember above all the others is the broken mirror and that very inventive shot of everyones faces in in it, very cool...and of course the lipstick thing lol

I made my female friend watch the lip-stick scene, and she had yelled at me and told me how she will never use lipstick again. Anyways, another scene that is infamous is the Angela dance scene by the fireplace. A scene any male fan would not forget. >.<

Yes, the original Angela dance scene was great.  Sexy, but still freaky if you notice the cut shots.

I wasn't a big fan of the remake, but I went back in with a mindset that it is not going to be the same, and I enjoyed much more the 2nd time.

NotD2 was a fun one, with the ass-kicking nun.  And head basketball.
I don't remember much about NotD3, so it must not have been very good.

Nice thread Brandon, and welcome to the site.

Thank you ^^
Recently I found a local video store that had a huge collection of VHS tapes to rent. I found the NotD 3 VHS and since I had never watched it, I grabbed it. I enjoyed the film, and I am thinking of getting it on DVD or asking the man at the video store if twenty bucks will cover the tape. I have not yet viewed the remake, but now that you say that you must keep an open mind to it I will definitely give it a try.

^^
Looks like I'll have to give NotD3 a re-try.

Amazon has 2 versions- one for $12,  and 1 for $28.  I'm really not seeing any differences in them, though the $28 version is widescreen and the $12 version doesn't say.

BrandonM wrote:

Here we can discuss anything related to Night of the Demons, even if it the horrible remake.

BrandonM wrote:

I have not yet viewed the remake

Why did you call it horrible if you hadn't seen it?  You just don't like remakes, or particular remakes?  Just curious.

I have not seen any of the sequels that I remember.  Saw the original, and the remake.  Loved the remake, though it gets a lot of hate around here...which is fine.  I'm a sucka for Halloween themed movies, and I loved that, and the whole atmosphere.  I found it very entertaining and enjoyable.

^^
Ghosty, you really should check out NotD2, a bit more comedy than the original, but still has the scares; very enjoyable.   I can't remember the 3rd, so I can't give a recommendation right now.

i really enjoyed the remake, i found it really fun.
Not seen the old one yet!

azathoth wrote:

Yes, the original Angela dance scene was great.  Sexy, but still freaky if you notice the cut shots.

I wasn't a big fan of the remake, but I went back in with a mindset that it is not going to be the same, and I enjoyed much more the 2nd time.

NotD2 was a fun one, with the ass-kicking nun.  And head basketball.
I don't remember much about NotD3, so it must not have been very good.

Nice thread Brandon, and welcome to the site.

I agree with this almost exactly. I thought Shannon Elizabeth was a horrible choice for Angela. But, since I'm such a huge fan of the original it was hard for me to watch it the first time and be fair.

^^
Yep, after 3 movies with Amelia Kinkade as Angela, it's hard to shift to someone new.  Imagine Scream 4 with Scarlett Johansson playing Syd.
Interesting thing- In IMDB's NotD listing, Angela is list at the bottom.  In #2 she's in the middle, and for #3 she's 2nd listed.  I find weird things like that interesting.

It is weird, but I think they placed her at that spot, because in the film she has limited lines. It more so grunting, and growling. I still think she should be listed at the top, because everyone else in the 2 other films suck...besides the ass-kicking nun. .-.