Re: Official GunTown Thread

aceofspades70 wrote:
azathoth wrote:

^^
Tell ya what Acey, I get a job, I'll toss ya some bucks.  6 points or more.  Oh, and some money, too.  big_smile

Deal!

Thanks wolfey. I'd like to see a 35-40K budget for this one. I'll still sell DVD's cheap and Blu-Ray if we raise enough. Also cheap on Blu-Ray.

Main thing is...I'll have a TON of extra features for those who buy a copy.

Oh and one more thing...I'm giving the rights to Tim and Carole; so all proceeds go to Copper Canyon Ranch. They deserve it.

Hey ace good to hear from ya. Why copper canyon ranch? And in which state?

Have you even paid attention?!?!?! lol, jk. Copper Canyon Ranch is the actual name of the location where I shot GT. Tim and Carole Emery are the owners. It's a real life tourist attraction in Hopkinsville, Ky. where they hold all kinds of events. Check out their website sometime.

www.coppercanyonkentucky.com

Vids #2 and #3 are up: http://www.youtube.com/user/guntowntwo?feature=mhee

hey everyone...we are soon launching the Gun Town II: Timeline website and fund raiser campaign. The script was finished last night at a well paced 84 pages, and let me just say...there will be more action, more story, and more...blood.

We are also having a major contest to help draw funding. This is definitely something everyone will want to be "involved" in.

Press release will be sent once it's time. If you get a chance, go "Like" our Facebook page. Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GUN-TOWN … 6691541651

Last edited by aceofspades70 (2012-02-10 00:56:31)

^^
Well, it's about time, sparky!

And the contest is a really cool one.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-02-10 00:56:53)

Hello everyone, I have listed my DVD's on my own Amazon account now and have lowered the price to 5.99 plus S&H. They will no longer be sold through the seller "cdwarehouseonline", but still through amazon.com

Get the DVD with 6 special features which include Trailer 1 and 2, "Cursed and Dying" (all cuss words and death scenes in about a minute), Blooper reel, Video tour of the film set, and a slideshow of the 'behind the scenes' photos featuring the theme song "Stalker".

DVD's are sent in bubble mailers with packing slip within 24 hours of purchase. Get one today!

http://www.guntownthemovie.com

^^
Just the blooper reel is worth it!   You get to see Ace throw himself off of all types of things.  big_smile

Went to your facebook page and " liked," Where/how do I donate $?

Last edited by Underdog (2012-03-08 21:46:56)

Underdog wrote:

Went to your facebook page and " liked," Where/how do I donate $?

actually, there is a donate button on the "free film" section of the website where you watch GT 1. It should work.

as far as donations for part 2 funding, it isn't launched yet. I am waiting to shoot a teaser trailer, then we'll launch the new site, campaign, etc. Oh, and I found a way to "give away" a walk on role. Rafflecopter.com is a new site where you can hold a raffle and give away stuff. I am raffling a role in the film to someone who will get killed by the killer...bloody style.

Thank you Underdog.

Ace my man.... whats shakin besides killin your family lol ?!

I bet you're hard at er eh?

aceofspades70 wrote:

Hello everyone, I have listed my DVD's on my own Amazon account now and have lowered the price to 5.99 plus S&H. They will no longer be sold through the seller "cdwarehouseonline", but still through amazon.com

Get the DVD with 6 special features which include Trailer 1 and 2, "Cursed and Dying" (all cuss words and death scenes in about a minute), Blooper reel, Video tour of the film set, and a slideshow of the 'behind the scenes' photos featuring the theme song "Stalker".

DVD's are sent in bubble mailers with packing slip within 24 hours of purchase. Get one today!

http://www.guntownthemovie.com

This post made IMDB's Horror section http://www.imdb.com/news/ni24157670/

Your famous ACE

awesome, lol

Hey everyone. A little announcement here.

I have been debating and getting second opinions about something. The verdict is that we're going to do it.

Soon I'll be leaving for Copper Canyon today to film a promo vid. We have decided to hold one last Indie gogo campaign for GT. This campaign will be to raise 2500.00 in order to submit GT to Netflix, Amazon VOD and iTunes via Distribber.com

In return for a 10.00 donation, people will receive a DVD copy of GT. We will also be accepting smaller donations which will be rewarded with a huge thank you via youtube vids. (actually, we'll thank everyone, but the 10 gets you a DVD.)

It has been frustrating lately with film in my world, but this is what we go through. Time to restructure things, get this movie out there and press forward. My recent inspiration has come from some people who brought it to my attention that they have seen it and loved it.

We also currently hold a 7.6 rating on IMDB with some positive input.

I even had a young girl email me and say she wants to see a sequel, lol. What a doll.

So there you have it. Gun Town is alive and well and moving forward. Thanks for your time.

If you haven't seen Gun Town, $10 is completely worth it.  Just the special features where you see Acey throw himself around in stunts is worth it!  lol
The plot is not really anything new (sorry Ace, you know I never lie on reviews), the dialogue holds its own.  Some of the characters are a hoot, the cinematography was great, and it all meshes together as a fun watch.
I also want to see GT2- Ace gave me a rough outline; has much potential.
Besides, how many DVDs do you have where you can show it to your friends and say "My buddy made this" ?

Last edited by azathoth (2012-07-08 11:11:05)

azathoth wrote:

If you haven't seen Gun Town, $10 is completely worth it.  Just the special features where you see Acey throw himself around in stunts is worth it!  lol
The plot is not really anything new (sorry Ace, you know I never lie on reviews), the dialogue holds its own.  Some of the characters are a hoot, the cinematography was great, and it all meshes together as a fun watch.
I also want to see GT2- Ace gave me a rough outline; has much potential.
Besides, how many DVDs do you have where you can show it to your friends and say "My buddy made this" ?

htohtaza is correct, the plot is more than typical, but GT has a bit of an original approach with the entire story.

Please support our cause and donate once we get the campaign up and running. We work hard to supply the audience with the best material we can.

Hopefully, we can obtain funding for the prequel/sequel. The script is already written and ready to shoot.

Thank you.

I donated some cash to the cause- cost me 3 days of cigs.  If you don't help out, I will send a monkey to your house to scratch at your windows at night, bwahahhahahaha!  big_smile

azathoth wrote:

I donated some cash to the cause- cost me 3 days of cigs.  If you don't help out, I will send a monkey to your house to scratch at your windows at night, bwahahhahahaha!  big_smile

Thanks Az! Release the window tapping monkeys!

Campaign is UP.

http://igg.me/p/166172?a=62655

Giggity!  I guess I should have waited a few days before I donated, huh?  sad

azathoth wrote:

Giggity!  I guess I should have waited a few days before I donated, huh?  sad

It's all good!

For each $1 donated, 1 will recall 1 window scratching monkey.  Down to 2,490 deployed.  Will you feel safe tonight with window scratching monkeys still deployed?  Bwahahahhahahah

I plan to donate after I get paid Thursday, in the meantime I shared the link on my fb page, maybe some folks there will donate or share it as well.

I don't know when i'll get the money to donate but if i can i will. I'm sharing it on FB as we speak.

thanks everyone!

Just watched Lee's Gun Town promotion vid on YouTube.

I left a message saying nice things.  Left out the part about the monkeys though, I don't think the regular public would understand.  lol

I also shared it on my Facebook, which has about 70 friends or so.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-07-11 03:40:42)