Topic: R. I. P Ernest Borgnine

Was extremly sad to hear of the death of much loved and respected actor Ernie Borgnine yeterday who passed away at the great age of 95. still working up until april this year when he completed his last film yet to be released of course. Ironic that he is best known to the young generation as the voice of " mermaid Man " in " Spongebob Squarepants" which is good fun and at least gets him recognised, but take a look on IMDB at the list of the man's films and the number of memorable performances he gave. a true legend and he worked in all genres, including horror. he gave nothing less than good performances in " Willard " ( 1970) my favourite horror role for him as Willard's bully of a boss. " The Devil's Rain" (1975) as the cult leader in a cast that included William Shatner, Tom Skerritt and a pre "Saturday Night Fever" and " Carrie " John Travolta.  "Deadly Blessings" (1982) Wes Craven's horror thriller set in an " Amish like" community.  A true Screen legend and gentleman. i have done a longer tribute to him on my facebook page. R.I. P   Ernie sad

Re: R. I. P Ernest Borgnine

yeah I read about this today, very sad indeed sad RIP

He lived one good, LONG life!

I LOVED Ernest in The The Poseidon Adventure with Gene Hackman and Shelley Winters.

R.I.P. Ernest!

We gonna miss you!!!

DarkMistress wrote:

He lived one good, LONG life!

I LOVED Ernest in The The Poseidon Adventure with Gene Hackman and Shelley Winters.

R.I.P. Ernest!

We gonna miss you!!!

yes! The Poseidon Adventure is a very good film, my second favourite disaster film after the excellent " Towering Inferno".

Wow, I totally missed this.  Sadly, Ernest was one of those actors who'd been around a mighty long time but not many people these days are familiar with, because his biggest successes came decades ago -- stuff like The Poseidon Adventure, Marty, The Wild Bunch, The Dirty Dozen.  I know he'd kept busy with TV stuff and the occasional low/no budget flick, but none that interested me enough to check them out.

Sad to hear he's passed away, but still, ninety five is a lot of years and having spent his life in films, I'm sure he enjoyed every last one of 'em.  RIP, Ernest.