Re: Will Jason Live Yet Again?

squidward wrote:

i thought the nightmare on elm st was gonna be a prequel not a remake. a prequel could be good. the only remake i am truly lookin forward to is night of the living dead. sure it has been remade a few times now but in 3d it should be awesome.

it is suppose to be a prequel..who said nightmare was a remake?..FT13 is the remake..which could suck, cause Jason doesnt even come in until FT13 2.

Last edited by MindFuk (2007-03-26 01:01:38)

TiM the Zombie wrote:

If Michael Bay is involved, please, count me out.

My sentiments exactly.

I'll probably get murdered for saying this, but I've had a good run so here it goes.

I really enjoyed both TCM movies by Michael Bay and I am looking forward to this Jason movie he is producing.  Personally, I didn't really like the original FT13.  I imagine this remake/sequel is going to be much different and it should be worth the watch.  So I'll have to keep an eye out for the trailer.

as a kid i remember hearing that they were going to make a total of 13 "friday" movies which i always thought would be cool. counting "FvJ" we need two more. sequels please not re-make.

i doubt we'll see another sequel to FT13..but I know that FVJ2 is suppose to be back in the making now. Hopefully its not bullshit, cause I would want to see that so bad.

I thought Friday the 13th was being remade?

ya i heard FT13 was suppose to have a remake..might be like all the friday's in one movie or summin..cause FT13 part 1 would be a pointless remake..they will prolly have to remake this movie from scratch...should e intresting to see how it turns out..if it goes through.

Yes, "Friday the 13th" is scheduled for a remake in the near future.  Unfortunately, Platinum Dunes is in charge, which, so far, haven't done any good to the horror genre, imo.  My guess is that they'll bucher everything, leaving it to look like "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remake, which I hate.  I, for one, can wait for this.

I love the original F13 and it's my all time 3rd fave horror film behind Halloween and Jaws.

I think if they were to remake Friday the 13th they ought mix in Jason more with it. Kinda change it all around where Mrs. Voorhees dies in the middle of it and then Jason comes after them.

platinum dunes is doing it..thats a bummer, hopefully theyll do a better job than they showed with the TCM '03 remake.

goldenwarrior wrote:

There was actually a false report about Clarkson playing Mama Voorhees you can read it http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_5705.html

since manhattan aside from Jason X the films have bombed, I beleive its a copyright issue between new line and paramount, I don't expect it anytime soon.

Correct. Paramount own the title "Friday the 13th" New Line screwed up with just grabbing Jason Voorhees, hence the titles of recent movies. Rumours of a new movie leak out on the internet from time to time. believe it when you see the trailers would be my call wink

There supposto remake Friday The 13th....I don't know how good that woudl turn out....no one could fill the part of Betsy Palmer(Jason's Mother). We'll have to wait and seei guess.... I would love another FREDDY VS JASON 2 bu WITHOUT ASH!!!!!!!!!!!!! They need to bring back original cast members! Lisa Wilcox, Heather Langenkamp, Tuesday Knight ect!

I heard that the remake of it was supposed to take place between the time period of the 1st and 2nd movie. Since in the first one he was kinda a kid and the 2nd one he was grown up. That's what I heard.