Topic: Is it really too much to ask?

A complete Roger Corman Poe Collection. Why does this not exist? I'd prefer to have something other than the Midnight Movies double features. Some of the films aren't available for individual purchase if I wanted to collect them all separately. Really, is it too much to ask?

Re: Is it really too much to ask?

I know they are really hard to find!  I keep ordering them from my local store.   I love to have a proper box set though.   I would also love to have the Hammer box set, but it is only available in region 2 right now.

Last edited by DirtyGirl (2012-07-16 09:21:33)

I know! 21 discs of Hammer films. I'd be all over it. It just kills me about the Corman films. THe MM double features are expensive when you can find them and I'd much rather have box set with the original artwork.

In the UK they do an awesome hammer boxset but sadly it is region 2. I think you can get all region dvd players, not sure on prices or how easy they are to find though.

I have the Hammer Horror Classics Collection (The Curse of Frankenstein / Dracula Has Risen from the Grave / Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed / Horror of Dracula / The Mummy / Taste the Blood of Dracula). I'd really love the complete collection, but I'll have to wait until it becomes available in region 1.

I just ended up buying the Vincent Price 5 Movie Gift Box which has The Pit & The Pendulum, The Raven, Tales of Terror, Masque of the Red Death and Madhouse. By no means a great collection since it has no extras to speak of, but it had enough of the Poe films to warrant the cheap price.     I already have The Tomb of Ligeia / An Evening of Edgar Allan Poe MM double feature. Now I just need to get the rest.

UltraViolence wrote:

In the UK they do an awesome hammer boxset but sadly it is region 2. I think you can get all region dvd players, not sure on prices or how easy they are to find though.

All region DVD players at Amazon.  US$30 to $60.  Don't know anything about the quality, though.

Also, some Blu-ray players play R2 discs, like mine does.  Do a search on your B-R player for R2 compatibility. 

The probable reason for no box set in the US is distribution rights.