Re: The Dark Knight Rises

^^^ It's funny -- yeah, Hardy beefed up for the role but a while back I saw some production photos of Hardy leaving the set having just taken off his Bane costume and his back was covered with acne -- a tell-tale sign of heavy steroid use.  I can understand throwing yourself into a role, but no movie is worth shrinking your nuts over. lol

Any idea why Anne Hathaway's hair was shaven too? I thought they were going to give Catwoman short lesbian like hair, but Anne just looks weird with short hair.

Beats me, man.  I do wish Hathaway would at least have toned up some, though.  Catwoman's just about the only character -- not just female character, but character, period -- who's ever fought Bats to a standstill, which I don't buy from a chick with the muscularity of a starved runway model. hmm

Oh, and have you seen The Amazing Spider-Man yet? If so, I have several theories about a particular scene. I'll bump it. But beware of spoilers.

Last edited by Tripod (2012-07-16 16:52:18)

Yup, I've seen it.  Good luck finding the ASM thread; I think it's been buried since last year. lol

I wasn't even really excited for this until last night, now that its coming this week im getting a little giddy. Batman is one of the few DC comics that I read when I was younger.

I loved the the older ones, with the exception of Batman & Robin, I despised it. Even as a kid (17) I couldn't appreciate it. Even more disappointing was how much of an Arnold fan I was so I was really looking forward to it.

When Batman Begins came out i wasn't thrilled but it looked darker and promised a much more in depth story, but honestly I was a bit disappointed by it. The Scarecrow seemed like such a weak villian, I been wanting to see Bane in a movie since this one came out. I read religiously during the "nightfall" storyline and it was pretty epic seeing the batman literally broken.

The Dark night was epic, I was not the least bit thrilled when I heard Heath Leger would be playing The Joker...but wow, he. Was. Amazing! The movie was fantastic and I plan to watch BB and DK again this week. Probably wont see the new one for a couple weeks but I hope I get a chance to.

When it comes to villains, like Scarecrow for example Christopher Nolan tries to make them more realistic, complex, and mysterious. I still think that if Nolan didn't go the realistic route he could have brought the best out of other well-known supernatural villains and make a good movie interpretation.

Going to see this as soon as possible. Although I like the Original series of films better, I still enjoy what Chris Nolan has done with his trilogy.

Driving an hour and a half to see it at the IMAX dome in charlotte. Absolute game changer. Midnight release of course.

That's the way to go^^^

Getting geared up tonight with the first two and then tomorrow the adrenaline should carry me through until I get back home around 4 a.m.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc … /120719981

Interesting

^^^ I read that review last night.  Interesting, indeed, but he's not the only critic who had mixed feelings.  Check out advance reviews posted over on www.comicbookmovie.com  While most of them are praising it, there's still a fair share who weren't quite so exuberant about it.

I don't think the Avengers' box office record is going to have anything to worry about.

^^ I would say it has nothing to worry about only because it was in 3-d I feel if Avengers was only 2-d TDKR would make more money at the box office

Well they still have IMAX at least to make money off of. And a big following too. Who knows, I'd love to see a race between the two films.

^^^ I'm all for that.  The more successful superhero flicks are, the longer we'll get them.  I got my Captain America flick, now I'm holding out for 1) a better Daredevil movie, and 2) a Savage Dragon flick (though I won't hold my breath).

We've got a Deadpool movie and video game coming out. Man of Steel. Nick Fury. Just so many superhero movies coming and I gotta say, it's awesome.

After reading the review Lon pointed out. I can't wait to watch it. Batman is my favorite comic book hero, and the three films with Bale in it are my favorites. Hearing that this one is the darkest of the three, and the performance Bale gave. I'm sold!

Not long ago I read an article saying " The movie industry will run the well dry of super hero movies."  No way, Jose! Not only are there 100's of different characters between the DC & Marvel universe. The independent comic book companies and their characters, remain pretty much untapped. The possibilities are endless.

*Edit*  I just heard something really funny on CNN/HLN...and pulled this up off the net.

http://io9.com/5926874/the-batman-villa … h-limbaugh

Last edited by Underdog (2012-07-18 16:54:07)

Picks it up and runs with it like a NBA Jam on fire basketball made me spill water on myself. Absolutely hilarious.

Over the years Limbaugh's audience has shrunk to the point of near non-existence; what better way to draw attention than to attack a pop culture phenomenon with a rabid fan base of millions?  Now folks will swarm his show, even if only to hear him make a fool of himself, all the while not realizing that simply by tuning in they're giving his show a massive ratings bump.

Rush Limbaugh is a genius.

That Rush article also had a link to another one where some Democrats were trying to do the same thing, but backwards.

My analysis- they're all insane.

Mr. Black wrote:

We've got a Deadpool movie and video game coming out. Man of Steel. Nick Fury. Just so many superhero movies coming and I gotta say, it's awesome.

Honestly can't wait for Man of Steel. Heard rumors about a Flash movie as well and lets not forget the Justice League movie.

Well I'm off in a bit for a fun filled day of Batman, food, and drink. Should be an interesting day. I'll post pics if any are worthy of being posted!

Let the games, begin!

^^^ Midnight Showing of DKR???

oh yeah !